Lido Deck Balcony on Victory?

wbsander

I'm looking for advice on whether a Lido Deck Balcony (9266) is likely to be significantly quieter than the Verandah balcony (8353) that I am booked into. I'm a little nervous about the reviews I have read about Lido deck noise (scraping chairs, etc) late at night. 8353 looks to be under the Asian Wok restaurant area on Lido. Its my wife and I and a 10 yr old, usually looking to be asleep by 11 or 12, and up pretty early in the morning, generally by 8.

9266 seems to be available, looks like it would cost me about $350 for the 3 of us.

Of the two cabins, I think 9266 would be better. 9266 will just have some noise from the elevator. There are cabins above and below you. Cabin 8353 has the Lido deck above with some noise from the pool area, chairs and elevator. Cabins 8356 back to the Aft would have less noise on the Verandah deck......

I'm looking for advice on whether a Lido Deck Balcony (9266) is likely to be significantly quieter than the Verandah balcony (8353) that I am booked into. I'm a little nervous about the reviews I have read about Lido deck noise (scraping chairs, etc) late at night. 8353 looks to be under the Asian Wok restaurant area on Lido. Its my wife and I and a 10 yr old, usually looking to be asleep by 11 or 12, and up pretty early in the morning, generally by 8.

9266 seems to be available, looks like it would cost me about $350 for the 3 of us.

We book Lido deck anytime we can. We love being so close to the action. We never hear any kind of noise and there is much less foot traffic in the hall because there are fewer cabins. Another benefit of being on the Lido deck, especially when travelling with a child, is the ease of walking back to the cabin for forgotten items, bathroom, etc. There are Star Trek "swooshing" doors between the cabin and outside decks to minimize noise and keep the air conditioning in and the heat out.

Of the two cabins, I think 9266 would be better. 9266 will just have some noise from the elevator. There are cabins above and below you. Cabin 8353 has the Lido deck above with some noise from the pool area, chairs and elevator. Cabins 8356 back to the Aft would have less noise on the Verandah deck......

Our favorite area on the Lido deck is right near the elevators. We never hear elevator sounds nor those of people waiting for and exiting them.

Of our six Carnival cruises, we were on Lido deck twice and Panorama once. We were aft on our last cruise and will never book that again-too far from everything. The other two ships did not have cabins on the Lido deck, so we could not book those. We are already booked on the Lido deck near the elevators for our two upcoming cruises.

We booked a cat 4J cabin on the Lido deck on the Victory and had no problems at all with noise. No private balcony but quick, easy access to the open deck in the front of the ship and hardly anyone out there most of the time. best part is it costs less than an ocean view room.

Two things to remember:

You do not get noise from the Lido unless you are under the pool and then only when people drag chairs.

We always stay near the elevators and have never heard a sound from any of them on 8 cruises.

We love lido balconies. We've stayed in 9272 twice on 2 different ships, same layout as Victory. It's Directly behind the elevators and we never hear anything. We love it because you step off the elevator and your right at your room, your super closer to being on deck and it's right across the hall from the laundry.

Lido balcony easy decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With there being 3, you may want to consider an inside on lido. Much more room, and also if the 10 year old needs to run back to the cabin, or sleep in... you dont have to worry about them being on the balcony by theirself.

We had two deck 8 balconies on Victory and really we had no complaints about noise from Lido deck on either cruise. Having said that, we love Lido deck cabins, having had 9287 on Conquest. But it's way too convenient to get to the buffet and bars.;)

Archived