Total Wine FLL

Bustersmom

For those of you who have brought wine on board and purchased at Total Wine (which seems to be a fav from what I read) do they box it up so it survives handling on board ship? Or do I need to do something else special? I read of alot of people just putting a luggage tag on the box and it arrives in the room, just worried about breakage. Thanks for any input as always!

I was there two weeks ago. I bought 8 bottles, had them put it in a regular wine case box with the four corner slots empty (that's where damage seems to happen), they used packing tape to seal it for me. I slapped a luggage tag on it, left it with the luggage at the pier, and it was delivered to my stateroom at 4 p.m. with one slightly crumpled corner only.

Very good to know. Thanks for the info! I've also heard of people putting bottles of water in the boxes in addition to the wine. Padding? We will definitely be bringing bottled water on board as I am never without a bottle (of water) in my hand!

Very good to know. Thanks for the info! I've also heard of people putting bottles of water in the boxes in addition to the wine. Padding? We will definitely be bringing bottled water on board as I am never without a bottle (of water) in my hand!

Great idea! I drink water all day long as well! :D

I've always carried all of our wine on the ship, not wanting to risk a bottle getting broken. I have packed boxed wine in our suitcase, but it goes inside a large ziplock bag and gets things like socks and T-shirts packed around it in case it somehow leaks.

Since we're flying Southwest in less than two weeks for our next cruise and don't have to pay for checked bags, this will also be the piece of luggage that has my king-size feather and down pillow in it, which should give it extra protection, as well as our Christmas tree.

we've done the wine before, but it's a hassle, however we bring a case of water, just throw it in extra gym bag we bring and put a luggage tag on it. We go through a lot of water especially when we leave the boat. It's a little cheaper than buying all that water when you leave for the day.

That is what we did on our cruise. We bought 6 bottles of wine but the box held 12 bottles. We were able to put our water on the outside and it cusioned the wine. We then taped the box shut and put a luggage tag on it. Easy peasy!

We fly with a roll on flight bag almost empty. Whatever is in the flight bag we transfer to our regular suitcase when we arrive at our pre-cruise hotel - no issues with the weight getting on board. We then go to Total Wine with our empty roll on and buy our case of wine. We roll that on the ship with us - it works out perfectly!!!

Thanks everyone, placed my pre order on line tonight! Here is hoping the problems on the Grand get resolved very very quickly, for those on board now and for those of us boarding next saturday! Again many thanks for the suggestions, will pick up my case on the way from the airport and place a luggage tag on the outside and hope for the best when boarding!!

Archived