New Bar Menus on the Noordam

Krazy Kruizers

So you can bring your own wine on board a HAL ship? Really?

;) Veendam from Quebec to Boston in June 2015 - will we be able to bring wine on board? I ask because dry white wine is our preferred drink. Chardonnay just doesn't cut it for us.

This is nearly a 3 year old thread and the rules have changed concerning wine.

One 750 ml bottle per adult in a cabin -- no more than 2 bottles per cabin. If you bring on more than that on embarkation day, you will be charged $18 per bottle corkage fee. All wine must be brought onto the ship with your carry-ons. As soon as you go through security, if you have extra bottles, there will be a table and person there who will put a sticker on the extra bottles and charge the fees to your shipboard account.

The "free" bottles you take on board -- if you take them to the dining room or a bar/lounge -- you will be charged the $18 corkage fee.

Also note -- any bottles of wine you buy in your ports will be held for you until the last day of the cruise.

One 750 ml bottle per adult in a cabin -- no more than 2 bottles per cabin.

This is partially incorrect.

While it is correct that the limit for one "free" bottle per adult is correct, there is no limit of two "free" bottles per cabin. If there are three or four adults sharing a cabin, they may all bring one "free" bottle aboard.

Edited by RuthC

On the second segment of our Noordam cruise -- new Bar menus appeared -- with the prices of the daily drink and the speciality drinks having gone up a little.

I took pictures of the new Bar menu and will try and post them here.

Noordam_Ship_Pictures_116.JPG

Noordam_Ship_Pictures_117.JPG

Thank you for this.

The drinks are made to order, except on occasion when they have a poolside drink special.

Definitely try some of the hand-crafted martinis or the Gin's Cup, which was my favorite drink on our Baltic cruise. I even bought everything so I could make it at home.

Sandy

If HAL changes the prices of the drinks -- raise them -- then the new Signature Beverage Cards will be worthless to many people as the cards have a cap on drinks of $7.

So right now, unless HAL changes the cap on the Signature Beverage Cards, I don't see many changes in prices of regular drinks.

First time cruising on HAL.. 38 total cruises elsewhere.. Can women wear skorts to dinner on casual nights?

HAL doesn't have "casual" nights"; most evenings are "smart casual". There's a difference.

Does the skort rise to the level of "smart" casual? If so, then yes, a woman can wear one.

Whether or not she should wear one is a question only a full length mirror can answer.