Leaving Friday for Marriott Marina, Anyone have restaurant suggestions for me?

RAIDERMOM

I will be at the Marriott Marina on Friday,Sailing on CP on Saturday.

Have quite a large crowd, Anyone have any dinner suggestions that won't blow the budget??

My favorite when satying there is the Bimini Boatyard Restaurant right up the street at 1555 SE 17th street.

From one review of the restaurant...

Everything about Bimini Boatyard is big: Two large bars, an enormous dining room, and portions large enough that even a sumo wrestler would have to take home a doggie bag. Situated on the marina, Bimini boasts a breezy charm, starting with a comfy lounge where you can share appetizers and drinks before dinner. Save room, though, as the first temptation comes in the form of a fetching, home-baked, honey-infused loaf of bread, warm from the oven. Oak-fired pizzas are the most popular items, but bountiful salads are particularly gratifying on a warm summer evening, and fresh seafood entrées like skillet-seared tuna or grilled mahi mahi hit the spot just about any old time. Service can be inattentive at times, especially when the room fills.

And from another...

If you are looking for Rolex-wearin' Mister (or Miss) right, this is the place to come for the 5:00 happy hour. Pull up in your Yacht or Mercedes and wear all your "glitter-baubles" because this place has the atmosphere, food, and clientele that Fab-Florida is known for. Try the Island-influenced specialties such as...Bimini bread (which has been famous here since the restaurant first opened back in the early 80s), conch chowder, Jamaican style ribs, and the grilled Mahi-Mahi. This upscale restaurant offers guests American meals an emphasis on pasta, seafood and steaks. Expect the average entrée to cost between $12 and $20, and people for the most part dress casual, but fashionable.

Atmosphere: You'll be able to take in the marina view from many seats at this restaurant.

More Reasons to Go: Bimini Boatyard Grill is appropriate (if not ideal) for entertaining clients, birthdays, anniversaries, other romantic evenings, groups and private parties; also, the restaurant is often frequented prior the theatre. When weather permits, enjoy seating outside on the patio.

Eating & Drinking: Open for lunch and dinner.You'll find that there a seated bar inside.

Details to Note: Reservations are accepted. Carryout is available. Entrances and walkways are wheelchair friendly. Parking has been arranged for customers. Ways to Pay: Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club and Discover

Hi:)

In the same parking lot as Bimini is another restaurant called Bravo. I ate there last month for the 3rd time:) It is Italian and every time I go I love it more than the previous time!

Very good food, great service and the prices are good too. Very friendly, locals eat there as well as tourists.

So that gives you 2 choices and they are both near the Marriott. The shopping center the restaurants are in is called "THE QUAY".

• 2 weeks later...

Will be in Fort Lauderdale this Friday before our cruise on Jewel of the Seas.... looking at Bimini Boatyard as it is so close to Renaissance where we are staying....

It says casual....are nice walking shorts for both men and women okay or do you have to dress up a bit..... honest now ;)

Do they have a website that might show menu items I have looked but unable to find one.

Emmy

QUOTE=emmy]Will be in Fort Lauderdale this Friday before our cruise on Jewel It says casual....are nice walking shorts for both men and women okay or do you have to dress up a bit..... honest now ;)

Emmy, walking shorts are fine. The last time I was in there, I saw everything from shorts to ties. It really is a casual place.

I had tried to find a web site or an online menu previously and had no luck.

Try the Bimini Bread as someone's appetizer and split it. I have been tempted to stop there on my way home and bring some home with me.

Thanks Joe ~ do you suggest reservations? It will be a Friday evening. There would be 6 of us.... also what time is happy hour.... 5-7???

Emmy, for a Friday evening, I would definately make reservations. Happy hour does begin at 5:00 PM but not positive how long it lasts.

15th Street Fisheries is my vote! Eaten there both times when in Ft. Lauderdale and food is awesome as well as the views and the service. They have a casual area that is less expensive than the restaurant area but it really wasn't excessive in price even in the restaurant. http://www.15streetfisheries.com for more information. You can take a water taxi or a regular taxi and it is just a couple of blocks away. We love Marriott Marina, always stay there and get a room facing the cruiseships so we wake up in the morning open the shades and there are all the ships just waiting to be boarded! Have fun!

Archived