Soda card

efoote01

The best thing about the HAL soda cards is that they can be shared unlike on the other lines. Since they are similar to a gift card with a preloaded value of $50, you can spend it as you like. Order one, two, three sodas at a time if you want. It's also prudent to order a couple from the bar and take them to your cabin as they'll be cheaper than using up any you might have in the minibar. In addition, the service for soda is very prompt on HAL as the servers get their full 15% tip from the card unlike the "all you can drink" cards on the other lines where the tip is only charged on the initial sale of the card.

I purchase cola in port prior to boarding and in other ports as needed. I put it in the cooler in the room. This saved the costs of a soda card. Just a suggestion if you are going to be drinking alot of soda.

I do the same as well, particularly because DW prefers Diet Pepsi and prefers caffeine free. However, we still purchase the soda card for the three of us in case we'd like to indulge in a soda at dinner or during one of the shows. We usually opt for a diet soda over an alcoholic beverage, and thus it's not too hard to for use to use up the card as we share it among three of us. Thus, we can each have a soda with dinner for 7 nights and have 1 left over.

The only thing I would note that hasn't been said is that you have to "activate" the card the first time you use it and that requires that the person with the name on the soda card be present with their room card. I learned the hard way - my husband was ill and I went to get him ginger ale and couldn't use our soda card because I didn't have him with me to activate the card.

It is a good investment, especially for long trips!

Hi again!

I'm doing the online check in at the moment, and there you can purchase the soda card.

You have to choose the delivery date (I'll choose Ft. Lauderdale 24.02.2012 its the depature date)

You have to choose the delivery location.

- dining

- stateroom in port

- stateroom at sea

We want to go on the ship at around 1pm.

I think I have read about taxes when you purchase the card in port.

So what is the cheapest and fastest way to get the soda card?

Or should I take the card direct on the ship and forget the online thing?

Thank you for your help!

best

Richard

Hi!

Just a question.

Can I have sparkeling water with the soda card?

Thanks!

My experience has been that you can only get soda with the soda card. If you want something else you have to purchase the beverage card, which isn't nearly as good a value.

Hi again!

I'm doing the online check in at the moment, and there you can purchase the soda card.

You have to choose the delivery date (I'll choose Ft. Lauderdale 24.02.2012 its the depature date)

You have to choose the delivery location.

- dining

- stateroom in port

- stateroom at sea

We want to go on the ship at around 1pm.

I think I have read about taxes when you purchase the card in port.

So what is the cheapest and fastest way to get the soda card?

Or should I take the card direct on the ship and forget the online thing?

Thank you for your help!

best

Richard

Your best bet is probably to do "stateroom at sea" to avoid paying tax on the card. Others have commented that it shows up in your stateroom before you sail anyway, though I've not had experience with this.

Your best bet is probably to do "stateroom at sea" to avoid paying tax on the card. Others have commented that it shows up in your stateroom before you sail anyway, though I've not had experience with this.

I ordered mine for "stateroom at sea" when we boarded the Oosterdam in Seattle, and it was in the cabin when we arrived.

We are doing a Collectors cruise (B2B out of FLL) and friends sailing with us are Coke drinkers. If they purchase one of these cards on the 1st 7 day portion of the cruise and don't use all $50 worth will they be able to use it on the 2nd leg of the trip? Many thanks! :D

Archived