transfer from ship to Rome Airport

Elcruzer

Can anyone recommend a car service or some form of easy transfer from port to Rome airport? Ship charges $92pp for transfer and thought there might be a less expensive option? I have taken the train for sight seeing on previous cruise but do not think this is an option for us with luggage.

Can anyone recommend a car service or some form of easy transfer from port to Rome airport? Ship charges $92pp for transfer and thought there might be a less expensive option? I have taken the train for sight seeing on previous cruise but do not think this is an option for us with luggage.

I used Airport Shuttle (http://www.airportshuttle.it/) which was recommended by Rick Steves but only from FCO to Rome. Here's the prices on their website to go to either Rome airport.

1-2 passengers - 90 Euro

Additional passengers - 15 Euror - up to 8

€ 15,00

Each additional passenger - up to 8

€ 15,00

We also use RomeCabs for all out transfers. You could try to find others on your roll call to share the cost. Just make sure they want to get to leave the ship at the same time as you.

For two people, you are just about going to break even using a private service like Rome Cabs versus the ship's transfer. If you can get a small group together (using your roll call), you can actually bring the cost down per person so that it's cheaper.

We have also used Rome Cabs several times and have them booked again for all our transfers next May. The cost for 2 people is 130 Euro from port to FCO and the cost for 6 people is 170 Euro from port to FCO and from Rome to port.We are sharing the ride with others from our roll call. I made the reservation and added people after that from the roll call.The people we are sharing the ride with to the port are all staying at the same hotel in Rome but that is not necessary as Rome Cabs is very willing to pick up at different hotels.

Thank you for your suggestions. Rome Cab sounds like a good choice. Their rate for 2 on website was 130 Euros, will have to check what that will be in US$. Were they reliable as to time of pickup?

Yes, RomeCabs is extremely reliable. That's why we keep using them.

I had already posted in my roll call re sharing a van from port to airport. So far have not gotten any response. Most are staying in Rome after the cruise and there are many that are sharing vans or bus to various hotels. But we are flying home directly after the cruise. Maybe I'll get some responses when the sailing date is closer.

Hi,

Last October we rented a car (Hertz) which we picked up in Civitavecchia and delievered at the airport the same day. Price 80 €.

Screwcork

Wish we were young again and confident enough to rent a car in a foreign country, but alas we're not:(. But thanks for your input.

Wish we were young again and confident enough to rent a car in a foreign country, but alas we're not:(. But thanks for your input.

I use the ship's transportation back to the airport. It might cost a little more but its so easy and at that point in my trip 1) I just want to go home 2) they always get me to the airport with time to spare 3) I've eyeballed my luggage so I know its with me on the bus and 4) I've already spent so much money that a few dollars more is not going to make a difference!

Archived