Bali - Which Hotel to Visit?

Aussie Gal

We will be in Bali for a day when we are on the Ocean Princess from 7am until 5pm. We will tender in from Benoa. We have been to Bali many times before so do not need a tour of the island.

We would like to spend the day at a hotel and are wondering if anyone has done this when on the island and if so which hotel did you go to.

We are thinking of Sheraton's Lagoon Hotel at Nusa Dua but if anyone has a better idea I would love to hear from them.

Jennie

Jennie - I think you might also like the Inter-Continental at Jimbaran Bay. Beautiful gardens and pools.

You're not docking at Benoa? We are supposed to be when we overnight there on Az Journey. We have docked there twice before on Gemini.

Vera

Vera,

It says on our itinerary that we are tendering. It is only a small ship so it is probably cheaper to tender than pay Port Charges.

I was thinking of the Intercontinental also as I am an Ambassador member. Do you think they would mind us using their facilities?

Jennie

Vera,

I am loathe to write to them and ask them as I have written to about 6 different hotels in Koh Samui asking if we could visit them, use their facilities, have lunch and pay them for the privilege and they have all sent emails back saying they are sorry but only their house guests can use their facilities! I just don't know what to do as we would like to spend time at a hotel both in Bali and in Koh Samui having been to both islands quite a few times before and don't need to see the sights.

Jennie

Hi Aussie Girl

Very long time no talk. How are you? I second that the intercon at Jimbaran has lovely grounds and I know we used it for a day. It was years ago and I don't really recall if we just went for lunch and then helped ourselves, or if we actually asked. As you know, things are fairly casual in Bali. You could always consider the help yourself option, I know it's not exactly above board but are you and your partner really likely to be questioned? It's not like you will be raising a ruckus or anything. Just my thoughts...

Hope you're well.

Cheers for now

Jennie - I think you might also like the Inter-Continental at Jimbaran Bay. Beautiful gardens and pools.

You're not docking at Benoa? We are supposed to be when we overnight there on Az Journey. We have docked there twice before on Gemini.

Vera

Hi Vera hope you are well....the reason Princess doesn't dock at Benoa is because the shipping charts aren't reliable enough to risk one of their ships...we called there last month on the Ocean Princess and were tendered in to the wharf.....on the way in we hit a reef in the channel....:eek::eek::eek: and were left floundering with alarms going off alarmingly, crew having panic attacks and us the passengers eyes down looking for any sign of water:D....local port authority got us off but forgot to drop one of the tow lines so we nearly sank them:D:D ...great start to our day tour which was way too long with a guide whose english was awful.....saw tender 6 getting some much needed mechanical and cosmetic work next morning.... ....cheers Shiona

lahore,

Great to hear from you. I think we will just catch a taxi and go to the Intercontinental and order a drink etc. I am a Priority member as well as an Ambassador member so I don't think they will be too keen to send us packing. Have you been on any recent cruises? We are tossing up whether to try Silverseas or Seabourn in the next couple of years just for a change.

Jennie

HI Aussie Gal

No, we haven't been cruising for a few years, but it's time to go again and you can see in my signature line we're up for a long and wonderful time early next year. Still sticking with Oceania, the country club casual nails it for us. :)

Hi Vera hope you are well....the reason Princess doesn't dock at Benoa is because the shipping charts aren't reliable enough to risk one of their ships...we called there last month on the Ocean Princess and were tendered in to the wharf.....on the way in we hit a reef in the channel....:eek::eek::eek: and were left floundering with alarms going off alarmingly, crew having panic attacks and us the passengers eyes down looking for any sign of water:D....local port authority got us off but forgot to drop one of the tow lines so we nearly sank them:D:D ...great start to our day tour which was way too long with a guide whose english was awful.....saw tender 6 getting some much needed mechanical and cosmetic work next morning.... ....cheers Shiona

Hi Shiona - all good here - email on way soon! Hope Azamara are happy to risk the Quest (another R ship) into Benoa. We overnight there, Az CEO will be on board and possibly hosting a dinner in Bali - don't fancy tenders in dressy shoes! What fun you had on yours!

To think we would have both been on the Diamond this week - hope they're all enjoying themselves.

Vera

Archived