Friends of....

Gayle V

What other "Friends of ..." meetings have you seen on the activities list, besides Friends of Bill W and Friends of Dorothy.

Occasionally they combine "Friends of Bill W." meetings with "Friends of Dorothy" meetings and call them "Friends of Liza with a Z " meetings.

What no friends of drug addicts? or friends of atheists? or friends of choc melting cake?

Alanon are the groups for family, friends, etc. of alcoholics and drug addicts.

do not know but they probably have/create meetings on the ships too...:).

I am not trying to hang crepe..but having buried one b-in-law at 29, and my dear first nephew entering treatment after thanksgiving weekend..MON..he who put himself through college playing football and had a hard as hell working life from day one on a horse ranch and his dad is alive and needs it too... being at the family week as I speak..just have a hard time joking about the problems with alcohol..and the judgement people have toward all people with the problem..know it is hard..but know the issues are both the same and completely different per person...and the pain knows no boundaries..sarah

It is good the ships people can find the meetings and they use those names to not call attention due to the judgement and the fear..and the anonymity. sarah

What other "Friends of ..." meetings have you seen on the activities list, besides Friends of Bill W and Friends of Dorothy.

Get-Together with Fellow Guests

Friends of Bill W. (Alcoholic's Anonymous Meeting)

Friends of Jimmy K. (Narcotic’s Anonymous Meeting)

Friends of Dorothy (GLBT Meeting)

Card Players meet and play

Singles Meet and Greet

I was just telling a friend how the Fun Times lists all kind of fun things to do on the ship, and encouraging her to give things a try. Just to beware of a few "events" that she might like to skip, like "The Friends of...." which were for only certain people. I mentioned the only two that I could remember. but I could swear there's another one. Just couldn't think of it.

Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of group could "Friends of Tarzan" possibly be?

Archived