Friends of....

Gayle V

I was just telling a friend how the Fun Times lists all kind of fun things to do on the ship, and encouraging her to give things a try. Just to beware of a few "events" that she might like to skip, like "The Friends of...." which were for only certain people. I mentioned the only two that I could remember. but I could swear there's another one. Just couldn't think of it.

Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of group could "Friends of Tarzan" possibly be?

LOL...to prove I have humor..that one I think is a joke..maybe a meeting for all those Janes looking for him in the tropics..LOL..or i could be completely wrong...:D.

I was just telling a friend how the Fun Times lists all kind of fun things to do on the ship, and encouraging her to give things a try. Just to beware of a few "events" that she might like to skip, like "The Friends of...." which were for only certain people. I mentioned the only two that I could remember. but I could swear there's another one. Just couldn't think of it.

Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of group could "Friends of Tarzan" possibly be?

People who enjoy being around monkeys.icon7.gif

Perfect Stu LOL..thanks for humor...ya know after all the monkey stories here on these tours..I am skeeered. Maybe they really do need the meetings to pull themselves away before disaster..LOL...sarah

Alanon are the groups for family, friends, etc. of alcoholics and drug addicts.

do not know but they probably have/create meetings on the ships too...:).

I am not trying to hang crepe..but having buried one b-in-law at 29, and my dear first nephew entering treatment after thanksgiving weekend..MON..he who put himself through college playing football and had a hard as hell working life from day one on a horse ranch and his dad is alive and needs it too... being at the family week as I speak..just have a hard time joking about the problems with alcohol..and the judgement people have toward all people with the problem..know it is hard..but know the issues are both the same and completely different per person...and the pain knows no boundaries..sarah

It is good the ships people can find the meetings and they use those names to not call attention due to the judgement and the fear..and the anonymity. sarah

You make a good point ~ well said Sarah! :)

Perfect Stu LOL..thanks for humor...ya know after all the monkey stories here on these tours..I am skeeered. Maybe they really do need the meetings to pull themselves away before disaster..LOL...sarah

I wanted to inject some humor but this is a very serious subject and many of us know people close to us who are affected.

My BIL lost his family over gambling and whenever people tell us about how much money they made gambling usually notice that they do not tell us about the losses.

love them

You make a good point ~ well said Sarah! :)

Thanks so much Feng Shui..presently bit too sensitive, I was embarrassed i put it on here....but had to say it now as on pins and needles again and new hope for nephew.. and this helped..i love enrique iglesias and his brother is doing some kinda funny drag contest with different singers..but one was posted with him in drag as Amy Winehouse who just passed to alcohol singing her Rehab song..it was so mean to me... and was mad once about rehab..but was such a talent and it was not funny so so sad..To all who suffer there is help and we need more clarity about the disease as a disease first with horrible social consequences and compassion..my sis did the toughest love stuff through this Thanksgiving ever (only one not with us in the jail for 2nd DUI..thank God no one hurt)..2 nephews have suffered severely to their dead dad (before and after) and not good second choice of sis..on and on it goes...thank you very much for support...

two of 4 sibs have had major hell and dad's only brother too...

Killer Amy Winehouse with Tony Bennett song..RIP and may her loss as so many musicians be taken with understanding and compassion to where we are with this disease..not far enough...Tony is doing a new one with duets..i want this one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OFMkCeP6ok.

Tony stated..."She knew she was in a lot of trouble..she knew she was not going to live." her family was in denial at first i could tell..Hugs..sarah

"The "Friends of Tarzan" are Swingers"

For Real? :eek:

Makes sense though! :D

Heh... Not for real. I could just imagine some swingers thinking that would be a cool meeting name and then some fans of the Tarzan stories show up -- could be entertaining for both groups... :p

I wanted to inject some humor but this is a very serious subject and many of us know people close to us who are affected.

My BIL lost his family over gambling and whenever people tell us about how much money they made gambling usually notice that they do not tell us about the losses.

I felt your kind consciosness when you first asked which one..thanks Stu..i really do enjoy your comments and look forward to you getting longer cruises and your stories with dear wife...sarah

I felt your kind consciosness when you first asked which one..thanks Stu..i really do enjoy your comments and look forward to you getting longer cruises and your stories with dear wife...sarah

TY one little correction DW is Sheila.

TY one little correction DW is Sheila.

Honored..the ones who end with the names in the "ah" sound..there is something special about this group..I have noticed..now the "ie's" they are another kind of equal special but oh the "ah's" let me tell you..but you already know..LOL:o:).

HA! Some very interesting comments on this thread. Back on a more serious note, there is sometimes a "Veterans Meeting", but I don't think it's ever been called a "Friends Of" anything. Maybe we could name the Vets Meeting,"Friends of Uncle Sam"?

"SKY"

I see that poster was joking about the "Friends of Tarzan " being swingers. But have to admit it wouldn't have surprised me if it really was a group of swingers. Very little surprises me anymore and I have herad crazier things before.

Years ago in college when things weren't so out in the open and less accepted there were a lot of secret code names and the like.

I remember there was a meeting of the Emily Dickinson Society that held meetings in one of the little conference rooms in my dorm bldg. What did I know then ? Figured it was a bunch of girls getting together to read poetry.

Turns out it was a Lesbian support group.

I saw both of those and I don't even know what they are :(

Friends of Bill W are AA Meetings

Friends of Dorothy are social get togethers for gays, lesbians, transsexuals, and bisexuals

The one I saw in the Fun Times on my cruise on the Miracle that I don't know are the "Friends of Jimmy K." I haven't got the foggiest what that is. :confused: Does anyone know? They were usually (but not always) paired with the "Friends of Bill W" so I imagine it also has something to do with alcohol. Just curious, no offence ment to anyone of course!! :D

Friends of Bill W are AA Meetings

Friends of Dorothy are social get togethers for gays, lesbians, transsexuals, and bisexuals

The one I saw in the Fun Times on my cruise on the Miracle that I don't know are the "Friends of Jimmy K." I haven't got the foggiest what that is. :confused: Does anyone know? They were usually (but not always) paired with the "Friends of Bill W" so I imagine it also has something to do with alcohol. Just curious, no offence ment to anyone of course!! :D

Narcotics Anonymous

Archived