2012 Cruise Director Schedule

MissKIA

You're welcome!

I've been very impatiently waiting for this. I don't know why I just want to check out our cruise director. We have Karl Bird. Anyone know if he's good? I don't think I've heard of him.

Thats Karl with a K we had him on the Victory , i am not one that even notices CD but this guy was everywhere . Very personable a laugh a minute. I hope he stays on there all year.

So if I am reading this correctly. For our January 1st cruise on the Pride the CD will be Brent Loyer....Anyone know anything about him?

I wasn't impressed with Brent last year. Only time we ever saw him was during the shows and that was it. After hearing about all the other good cruise directors, we were disappointed with Brent

There are some people missing from that list.

And I am having a senior moment coz for the life of me I can not remember the name of the guy on the Pride--whose assistant was his girlfriend.

(Jamie)

Now i see a Jaime Deitsch and wonder if that is her? SHe will go far as she has that type of personality. (she was more wonderful then the guy was for sure) and I do not see his name on that new list at all.

Anyone know if Jamie Deitsch is a male or female.

--

We had Filippe one cruise-- and boy was it a dud. A CD job is too make sure we are having fun. and that cruise we were bored silly.

We sailed with Karl with a K when he was an assistant. Glad to see he is being moved from the Victory and onto the Liberty.

It's about time John. Actually I don't blame him for the delay but he put himself in a bad position by

mentioning it way before it was ready. Kinda like a little kid with a secret.

Anyway we still have Jen Baxter.:eek: So far haven't heard a lot of good about her.

Hoping what people say is true that a good CD improves a cruise while a poor one makes little difference.

Hope so.

And I am having a senior moment coz for the life of me I can not remember the name of the guy on the Pride--whose assistant was his girlfriend.

(Jamie)

Now i see a Jaime Deitsch and wonder if that is her? She will go far as she has that type of personality. (she was more wonderful then the guy was for sure) and I do not see his name on that new list at all.

His name is Kirk Benning and I believe Jamie Deitsch was his girlfriend ( or was he her boyfriend):p

I liked them both especially as a team but I agree with you, liked her more then him.

Any comments on James Dunn. I haven't seen anything written on him.

We liked him. Very entertaining and seemd to do a good job of making everyone feel included. It was our first Platinum cruise - were getting off at a tender port - we were in the regular line and he saw us and made a huge deal that we shouldn't wait and to come with him. Was quite impressed.

Can anyone translate what they are saying for the Magic in March?

John Heald (Blog 03/04) Butch on 03/18 Heald off 4/1.

Sounds like we have BOTH John H and Butch from 3/18 through 4/1. This doesn't really make sense to me.

(Jamie)

Now i see a Jaime Deitsch and wonder if that is her? SHe will go far as she has that type of personality. (she was more wonderful then the guy was for sure) and I do not see his name on that new list at all.

--

We had Filippe one cruise-- and boy was it a dud. A CD job is too make sure we are having fun. and that cruise we were bored silly.

We sailed with Karl with a K when he was an assistant. Glad to see he is being moved from the Victory and onto the Liberty.

I sailed with Jamie on her first contract with Carnival, on the Imagination. I agree with you that she was great and has the ideal personality for being a cruise director.

First of all-we have had "Karl with a K" and he was great!!! Second-am I reading right that there may be some overlap on Liberty 1-21 sailing? Looks like Butch is there until 1-28 (the day we get off ship) and that Karl with a K is coming on 1-17. We have heard great things about Butch and really liked Karl last time-is it possible that we may have BOTH this time?? How lucky can we be??

oh my....

I was so excited to see this and was hoping for a good one... I'm a little disappointed... who the heck is Matt Mitchem? I searched his name on this board and no ones even ever mentioned him. sigh... oh well, will still be an amazing cruise!

Matt used to be the assistant to Karl with a K on the Victory. I believe he's from the UK and we absolutely loved him. He was just so funny all the time and really personable.

Loved Karl, too. They made a great team.

First of all-we have had "Karl with a K" and he was great!!! Second-am I reading right that there may be some overlap on Liberty 1-21 sailing? Looks like Butch is there until 1-28 (the day we get off ship) and that Karl with a K is coming on 1-17. We have heard great things about Butch and really liked Karl last time-is it possible that we may have BOTH this time?? How lucky can we be??

when a CD is heading off for vacation another comes on to "learn the way of the land" (so to speak)

You're welcome!

I've been very impatiently waiting for this. I don't know why I just want to check out our cruise director. We have Karl Bird. Anyone know if he's good? I don't think I've heard of him.

what i've heard he is very much into saying his name is Karl with a K alot. in one since i'd like to see if he's like that lol. we have a diff one when we cruise the victory in april.

some like certain CD's others don't. as long as their doing the job, I don't care who they are lol.

JH just responded to me on FB that Ryan is now a beard in the Special Projects department.

I am so glad to hear that for Ryan,but feel bad for those that have never had a chance to sail with him.

Was Karl with a K ever a assistant on the Freedom? If it is the same one I am thinking about he was very funny and always made time to chat.

Has anyone ever had Josh Waitzman? What is he like? We have him on our Glory cruise next month. I hoep he is the type of CD that you see walking around the ship and interacting with guests,rather then hiding all the time

Archived