2012 Cruise Director Schedule

MissKIA

oh my....

I was so excited to see this and was hoping for a good one... I'm a little disappointed... who the heck is Matt Mitchem? I searched his name on this board and no ones even ever mentioned him. sigh... oh well, will still be an amazing cruise!

I was wondering the same thing too for our cruise.... I found this when I searched his name and carnivals... http://www.carnival.com/Funville/cruisereviews/p/967685.aspx :eek:

thankfully there won't be any in our group we will have to worry about...

Has anyone ever had Josh Waitzman? What is he like? We have him on our Glory cruise next month. I hoep he is the type of CD that you see walking around the ship and interacting with guests,rather then hiding all the time

Josh is amazing! He was our very first CD and is very personable and you'll see him out and about and always interacting with the guests. We are excited to have him as well next month. :)

We are thinking of booking the Fantasy again for a February sailing. We have Risa Barnes. What's the word on Miss Risa?

We had Risa in January...rather I should say, Risa was on the ship but never to be seen or heard until the debarkation talk on the last afternoon/evening. The ACD was much better and really had a presence. I hope this isn't the case for all the sailings.

Josh is amazing! He was our very first CD and is very personable and you'll see him out and about and always interacting with the guests. We are excited to have him as well next month. :)

We had Risa in January...rather I should say, Risa was on the ship but never to be seen or heard until the debarkation talk on the last afternoon/evening. The ACD was much better and really had a presence. I hope this isn't the case for all the sailings.

We sailed with both Josh and Risa during the past six months. We've actually sailed with Josh twice - the first time he was the ACD filling in for the CD who had a medical emergency. Liked him on that cruise, but he clearly was still learning. This past July, he was great. This was a Canada cruise over July 4 - my review is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1442719.

We didn't see Risa very much at all. At the farewell party, she seemed rather preoccupied and did not stay long. However, she certainly seemed like a nice person and, being from South Carolina, seems a good fit for Fantasy. My review of that cruise is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474347.

We had Karl as our CD on the Victory and thought he was great...the best we've had in all our cruises. We have him again the end of January, 2012 on the Liberty, couldn't be happier. He was everywhere on the ship. Seemed like everywhere we were, so was he.

Looks like I have an overlap too, Steve Cassell with Chris Roberts coming on and Steve Cassel getting off at the end of the week. I've heard good things about Steve so hopefully he's not too preoccupied with his upcoming vacation ;)

Normally how long are CD contracts/assignments? My cruise isn't until 11/2012, and Brad Calabrese is on the Freedom for a significant length of time, I just wondered if it was even possible he'd still be the CD when the next round of CD announcements comes out.

I think they do 6 months on and 2 months off.

Anyone know Trevor Block....he's the cd for our feb Fascination cruise.:)

Trevor was the CD for our cruise this past September on the Pride! I LOVED him. He is very friendly and outgoing - and great to have along. He had just flown in to be on this cruise, so didn't know any of the entertainment staff, but after the first day you wouldn't know it. If there was a way to have him and his staff from the Pride (Eric, Louis, Lady Di and Chloe) on every cruise I go on, I would be in heaven!!!

Enjoy your Feb cruise!

We are thinking of booking the Fantasy again for a February sailing. We have Risa Barnes. What's the word on Miss Risa?

Risa is one of my favorites. The Fantasy I one of my favorite ships and one of the shows featured on the ship for the past few years is Ticket to Ride, a tribute to the Beatles.

Looks like I have an overlap too, Steve Cassell with Chris Roberts coming on and Steve Cassel getting off at the end of the week. I've heard good things about Steve so hopefully he's not too preoccupied with his upcoming vacation ;)

Steve is an excellent cruise director. He is a very talented musician and is featured in the Extreme Country show.

You're welcome!

I've been very impatiently waiting for this. I don't know why I just want to check out our cruise director. We have Karl Bird. Anyone know if he's good? I don't think I've heard of him.

Loved loved loved him on the Victory last month. karl with a k is a great cruise director, lot's of fun and energy.

JH just responded to me on FB that Ryan is now a beard in the Special Projects department.

Good for Ryan, but sad for us! Ryan is our FAVORITE and we haven't been able to sail with him again. We were really hoping to book with him for August... Guess we will have to find some other way to choose our summer sailing. :cool: Maybe his special project will send him back out to the ships someday :)

We had been looking forward to sailing with Butch on the Dream next week, but he was moved to the Liberty with the 2.0 release, so now we get Gary Brierly... I sailed with him as acting CD on the Valor a couple years ago... It was his first week as CD and he was not great... Here's hoping he's gotten better with time. :rolleyes:

Archived