2012 Cruise Director Schedule

MissKIA

His name is Kirk Benning and I believe Jamie Deitsch was his girlfriend ( or was he her boyfriend):p

I liked them both especially as a team but I agree with you, liked her more then him.

I first ran into Jaime on the Splendor in Nov 2008 as ACD (I think... She was either ACD or on the entertainment staff. Goose was the CD at the time - it was one of the cruises it did out of Fort Lauderdale before sailing around South America to the west coast...), and she made an impression on me then. I liked Goose, too, mind you. Just not as much as Jaime.

Then I encountered her in January as she was temporarily acting as CD on the Pride for a few weeks, and she impressed me even more - the first time a CD has made a really significant difference to my enjoyment of the cruise.

I'll add that I've now done over a dozen cruises, and Goose and Jaime are the *only* CDs I actually have specific memories of in ALL those cruises. I think I can recall the names of maybe two of the others, and only because I saw and recognized them on the CD list a few minutes ago. Which tells you something about the other CDs.

Anyway, I'm really happy to see she's now officially on the schedule as CD. Good for her!

I'll add that I've now done over a dozen cruises, and Goose and Jaime are the *only* CDs I actually have specific memories of in ALL those cruises. I think I can recall the names of maybe two of the others, and only because I saw and recognized them on the CD list a few minutes ago. Which tells you something about the other CDs.

Anyway, I'm really happy to see she's now officially on the schedule as CD. Good for her!

Yes, good for her.

"Goose and Jaime are the *only* CDs I actually have specific memories of in ALL those cruises"

I'm just hoping that will be the case with Jen Baxter on our upcoming Fascination. Given the comments I've read ,no memory will be a good thing.;)

Looks like we will have Hennie on our sailing. Just curious as whether Hennie is a lady or a man. Was he/she entertaining?

Hennie is a guy, from South Africa. He will bring energy to the cruise and he has an over the top personality. He has worked his way from entertainment host to cruise director.

it seems from JH that he taking 6'3 Amy with him on the Breeze as the ACD...I thought that was interesting because when he leaves as CD I wonder if she is getting promoted and what will Butch do without her? lol they worked so well together!! loved them both...

it seems from JH that he taking 6'3 Amy with him on the Breeze as the ACD...I thought that was interesting because when he leaves as CD I wonder if she is getting promoted and what will Butch do without her? lol they worked so well together!! loved them both...

I really thought that she would have her own ship by then.

Any more on Kirk Benning?

One of the few we did NOT like......really in love with himself is what we read into his presentation. You'll like him if you like "smirky" wise-ass faces.

But we all have different POV's on stuff like this.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone familiar with Stephanie Meads?

She was the CD for our 14-night repo on the Inspiration... I wasn't at all impressed. Her announcements and such were fine, but I didn't find her to be particularly involved, and the two times I ran into her on board (one direct interaction, one observed w/another guest) she was quite brusque, almost to the point of rudeness.

We found the entertainment hosts on the Inspiration to be top-notch though, particularly Matt. Enjoy your cruise!

There are some people missing from that list.

And I am having a senior moment coz for the life of me I can not remember the name of the guy on the Pride--whose assistant was his girlfriend.

(Jamie)

Now i see a Jaime Deitsch and wonder if that is her? SHe will go far as she has that type of personality. (she was more wonderful then the guy was for sure) and I do not see his name on that new list at all.

Anyone know if Jamie Deitsch is a male or female.

--

We had Filippe one cruise-- and boy was it a dud. A CD job is too make sure we are having fun. and that cruise we were bored silly.

We sailed with Karl with a K when he was an assistant. Glad to see he is being moved from the Victory and onto the Liberty.

***sorry, just saw this was already answered***

2 CDs we've had that I can remember (can't remember who we had on our 1st CCL cruise on the Sensation) were Trevor Block (twice) and Josh 'the Big Sexy'. Trevor was the kind of CD we like...rarely on the intercom and funny and personable when doing shows and whatnot...not too 'in your face'. Josh was FOREVER talking on the intercom...going over what was in the Fun Times...uggghhhh!

edited to add: looks like we had Danny and Skippy on the Sensation 3/2010. Skippy was just coming on and Danny was about to go off. I don't remember much about them...it was only a 3 day cruise.

• 6 months later...
Thanks! :-)

Anybody familiar with Steve Knisley? We have him on the Dream in February.

Just had Steve aboard "Dream" earlier this month. He's a good C.D., but not as "visible" as some of the others. I think you'll be pleased.

"SKY"

Archived