MSC IS WONDERFUL! Thank you!

familyof4cruising

I just received an email that we have been upgraded. It is an amazing upgrade and they made my day! We cruise 3 to 4 times a year. I am on the highest loyalty level of RCCL and NCL. This year will be our family's 2nd MSC cruise. Our 1st last year was wonderful so we thought we would do it again. I love that MSC has an American/European feel and my family LOVED the food last year. I enjoy diversity. Looking forward to the pool side entertainment and those great lounge chairs on the Poesia.

We are leaving in 14 days and I can't wait! THANK YOU MSC!

OP, I'm curious as to what aspects of your last cruise with MSC that you liked so much. I'm taking my first cruise with them in January and trying to go with an open mind. Although I think the experience in the Mediterranean (where I'll be cruising) is different I would still appreciate hearing what you found positive (or negative for that matter) on your last MSC cruise.

Congrats on your upgrade!

If so, I urge you to give us your opinion whether MSC owes him big time or not.

As to this OP, there's niche and a price point for all tastes even tastes not commonly shared by most cruisers.

You can see by my signature that I have cruised in the Haven Suites on NCL several times and am booked for 2 more future cruises in the suite area. If you price out those suites you can see that I do not go for the lower price point. I have seen the best and the worse of cruising with over 55 cruises sailed. I capable of cruising on many cruise lines and in many different types accomodations. "Most cruisers" are you saying I am not like most cruisers? Please do not insult my taste! I have had an excellent experience with MSC. If MSC is not for you, maybe you should research what is best for you before you book a cruise. I am sorry if you had a bad experience.

OP, I'm curious as to what aspects of your last cruise with MSC that you liked so much. I'm taking my first cruise with them in January and trying to go with an open mind. Although I think the experience in the Mediterranean (where I'll be cruising) is different I would still appreciate hearing what you found positive (or negative for that matter) on your last MSC cruise.

Congrats on your upgrade!

Thank you!

I have only cruised MSC once before in the Caribbean. They say it is different in the Caribbean than Europe. My family very much enjoyed the food. Both my teenage sons had a great cruise. To me I go on a cruise to relax. Everyone has different ideas of what they want out of a vacation. Some want to party all night...we don't. I left the Poesia last year and knew that I was booking it again. For the price point that I paid for my MSC cruise "I" feel that I got a bargain for an excellent vacation.

Hope you have a great cruise!

We had our first MSC Poesia cruise a year ago.....we also had an awesome upgrade!

It was an excellent cruise, with great food,great service, great staff (yes, everyone we met!!) classy entertainment, all on a beautiful ship!!!

We've done many cruises, on 5 different cruise lines, and MSC remains our favourite!

Well done on the upgrade!

MSC appeals to many cruisers, just as other lines do - and each have their detractors. There's no global definitive survey so any claim about "most" is not authoritive - and meaningless unless you believe that everyone is or should be the same and has the same preferences.

I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience with them and hope you do the next one.

I cannot believe you got an upgrade. I am sailing also for the second time in 2 months on the Poesea and cannot get anything close to a free upgrade.

I was on the ship last year for the new years cruise and we decided to to the presidents week this time. She is a beautiful ship. I read all of the negatives and ask myself which ship were they on. Crew, passengers and ship were great. Would again next year if she or any other MSC ship is back. We are members of the MSC Club as well.

Well done on the upgrade!

MSC appeals to many cruisers, just as other lines do - and each have their detractors. There's no global definitive survey so any claim about "most" is not authoritive - and meaningless unless you believe that everyone is or should be the same and has the same preferences.

I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience with them and hope you do the next one.

Thank you! and you are absolutely right.

I cannot believe you got an upgrade. I am sailing also for the second time in 2 months on the Poesea and cannot get anything close to a free upgrade.

I was on the ship last year for the new years cruise and we decided to to the presidents week this time. She is a beautiful ship. I read all of the negatives and ask myself which ship were they on. Crew, passengers and ship were great. Would again next year if she or any other MSC ship is back. We are members of the MSC Club as well.

I was on that sailing with you last year. I am sailing in 2 weeks and got the upgrade. There is still time for you...good luck and have a great cruise.

again nice for you...but sucks for people who booked months or a year in advance

MSC lacks the computer capacity to upgrade or "upsell" in a fair manner

past guests?? Nada

people who booked years in advance? nada

the fact is that no one is paying full fare on MSC>>> they are a bargain line

with lovely ships and mediocre food

and horrible customer service (the staff on board, dining and room stewards are nice but somewhat hampered by the horrid customer service people and stupidity of this cruiseline)

No wonder the food is mystery meat, cheap cuts, "a la goo" casserole leftovers, lukewarm doll sized glasses of cheap juice...no wonder

they are selling cabins dirt cheap

I can see how people could spend a winter as sno birds just rolling around the caribbean on MSC>>> beautiful ship and the food will taste about as good as your local Nursing home

just hope you don't need "anything">> refund, have an overcharge, anything out of the ordinary. The "staff" in Ft Lauderdale is not gonna be much help

in the famous words of one MSC staffer "It's not my problem"

:eek::eek::eek:

As to last minute booking comment, that happens on ALL cruise lines. My friend booked an NCL cruise 9 months ago. Her friend just booked the same date in a balcony for the price she paid for an inside. As to my sailing...I booked on the first day the cruise prices came out over a year ago for this sailing and I am a past passenger.

I wish I could become a snowbird on an MSC ship.

again nice for you...but sucks for people who booked months or a year in advance

MSC lacks the computer capacity to upgrade or "upsell" in a fair manner

past guests?? Nada

people who booked years in advance? nada

the fact is that no one is paying full fare on MSC>>> they are a bargain line

with lovely ships and mediocre food

and horrible customer service (the staff on board, dining and room stewards are nice but somewhat hampered by the horrid customer service people and stupidity of this cruiseline)

No wonder the food is mystery meat, cheap cuts, "a la goo" casserole leftovers, lukewarm doll sized glasses of cheap juice...no wonder

they are selling cabins dirt cheap

I can see how people could spend a winter as sno birds just rolling around the caribbean on MSC>>> beautiful ship and the food will taste about as good as your local Nursing home

just hope you don't need "anything">> refund, have an overcharge, anything out of the ordinary. The "staff" in Ft Lauderdale is not gonna be much help

in the famous words of one MSC staffer "It's not my problem"

:eek::eek::eek:

Sharecruises, I detect a Green Eyed Monster emerging.....you had your say and now when you suddenly read that people are getting fantastic upgrades instead of being happy for them you start your cantankerous complaing yet again just becuase you didn't, why can't you just be happy for some people?........It is not very dignified in the least, because you are basically saying that you want the best but are only wiling to pay the least......tsk tsk, if you want a balcony cabin, book a balcony cabin but don't make people feel bad becuase they took a chance on GYT cabin.

Familyof4cruising... you've been on these boards long enough to know that people with a personal gripe will try and put a downer on everybody else's cruise....

I've never been a 'cheerleader' for any particular cruiseline.... we've done 5 different lines, we've enjoyed every minute of every cruise.... never had a cause to complain....we don't sweat the small stuff!!

MSC Poesia was my favourite cruise.... we did a 10-day B2B.

Ignore the comments of the gripers, and enjoy your fantastic upgrade, great meals (YES...GREAT MEALS, the MDR staff will bend over backwards to please you.) , and classy entertainment!

A smile and good attitude goes a long way towards ship staff.....we had fantastic and personal service from everybody on the Poesia.

You'll have a great cruise, I'm sure!!!!:)

Sharecruises, I detect a Green Eyed Monster emerging.....you had your say and now when you suddenly read that people are getting fantastic upgrades instead of being happy for them you start your cantankerous complaing yet again just becuase you didn't, why can't you just be happy for some people?........It is not very dignified in the least, because you are basically saying that you want the best but are only wiling to pay the least......tsk tsk, if you want a balcony cabin, book a balcony cabin but don't make people feel bad becuase they took a chance on GYT cabin.

No green eyed monster.....just the truth. Other cruiselines do this in a fair manner. It was horrible to have a group and see people book at the last minute

and get upgrades...when those of us who had booked earlier did not, but we were able to change some /most of them

when you have a group that is really bad, people talk and it is NOT fair to those who book early

as I said....if you are going on MSC, book at the last minute, book dirt cheap....you probably will get a bargain

what a shame...if they had a better system and were able to sell space on their lovely ships they might be able to afford edible food rather than mayonaise delights and mystery meat casseroles

Other cruiselines do this in a fair manner. It was horrible to have a group and see people book at the last minute

and get upgrades...when those of us who had booked earlier did not, but we were able to change some /most of them

when you have a group that is really bad, people talk and it is NOT fair to those who book early

as I said....if you are going on MSC, book at the last minute, book dirt cheap....you probably will get a bargain

Every cruise line I have sailed on starts out with good (but not the best possible pricing). If you book then, you get your choice of cabins. If the ship is not selling as well as expected, they will reduce prices as you get closer to sailing. Open cabins can be really cheap very close to sailing. That's just part of the cruise lines pricing model--the last thing they want is unused cabins. All airlines do the same thing.

I've been on about 35 cruises (25 with Princess). I can guarantee that there have been several people on most of those cruises that booked later and have gotten a better deal than me. As far as I am concerned, I was satisfied with the price/cabin when I booked. Others may have been willing to wait, and able to get a better deal. It's a fact. It'll always be there. Accept it. Or you can spend your time ruminating on why things aren't the way you think they should be.

No green eyed monster.....just the truth. Other cruiselines do this in a fair manner. It was horrible to have a group and see people book at the last minute

what a shame...if they had a better system and were able to sell space on their lovely ships they might be able to afford edible food rather than mayonaise delights and mystery meat casseroles

I am really thick off this :eek:.I don’t think your ever been on any other cruise line, otherwise you would know that on any cruise line they offer upgrades (specially for first timers) + all lines have last minute sales.

I am really thick off this :eek:.I don’t think your ever been on any other cruise line, otherwise you would know that on any cruise line they offer upgrades (specially for first timers) + all lines have last minute sales.

Years ago they did do upgrades...before computerization and optimization of upsell dept

Now most lines will do small upgrades but mostly "sell" upgrades...even play 'make a deal"

Most cruises have better food and better computerization than MSC

Maybe if they did "upsells" they would be able to offer better food on board

instead

Esty..... you keep harping on about the food...

We loved the food in the MDR....You hated it....

Food is subjective.....

We booked an inside GTY... we expected an inside cabin....we would have been more than content with an inside cabin...

We were lucky enough to get a great discount....

We've booked an inside GTY for our next cruise....and we'll be happy with an inside.... we're quite aware of what we booked!

The last cruise, we booked a specific balcony... we didn't know or care what anybody else had paid.....If they paid less than us and got a great upgrade, I'd have been happy for them!!

It's time you stopped making the same pointless gripe over and over again....It's getting really boring!!!

Every cruise line I have sailed on starts out with good (but not the best possible pricing). If you book then, you get your choice of cabins. If the ship is not selling as well as expected, they will reduce prices as you get closer to sailing. Open cabins can be really cheap very close to sailing. That's just part of the cruise lines pricing model--the last thing they want is unused cabins. All airlines do the same thing.

I've been on about 35 cruises (25 with Princess). I can guarantee that there have been several people on most of those cruises that booked later and have gotten a better deal than me. As far as I am concerned, I was satisfied with the price/cabin when I booked. Others may have been willing to wait, and able to get a better deal. It's a fact. It'll always be there. Accept it. Or you can spend your time ruminating on why things aren't the way you think they should be.

Completely agree with this.

If people want to leave things to the last minute, they may be rewarded by getting a great deal, but equally they may not get the holiday they wanted.

For me the decision is simple. My holidays are not very flexible from work, so I mostly book 6 months or more in advance, so I can get what I want. I like to have a choice of cabins.

I've never had an upgrade, although having priority as a black card member, prob ly because I'm already in a high cat cabin or on a popular to

E of yeR. I'm not bothered or bitter that others have I'm genuine pleased at MRley Bop and famyof4's good fortune

Archived