Concierge Level

SailingInToronto

We are looking at booking an O cruise and considering the Concierge Level. Dont mind the extra money but want to know what we would get - value for money? The listing on the website sounds esoteric with little substance. Early embarkation sounds great but we are arriving later in the day for embarkation so no advantage.

Worth the money?

We are looking at booking an O cruise and considering the Concierge Level. Dont mind the extra money but want to know what we would get - value for money? The listing on the website sounds esoteric with little substance. Early embarkation sounds great but we are arriving later in the day for embarkation so no advantage.

Worth the money?

I just answered this on the other thread but I'll repeat it here.

In my opinion, on the Marina class ships, the Concierge level is not worth the extra money. The Concierge lounge is a nice feature but for the most part what is available there is also available elsewhere on the ship.

The cabins themselves are identical to the other balcony cabins.

With Concierge level you do get access to areas of the Spa that you'd otherwise have to pay for, so if that's important to you, that may be a reason to book it.

For my next cruise on the Riviera, I booked a B4 with an extended balcony. I think I'll get more use out of the extended balcony than I did the Concierge lounge. With the $ saved I'll book a dinner or two in La Reserve and not have to worry about begging the concierge for additional restaurant reservations.

On the R Class ships, I think the Concierge level cabins have a little more value in that you get the additional restaurant reservations. If that's not important to you, there's little additional value. As with the Marina class, the cabins are identical to regular balcony cabins.

We will be on the Marina in January for the first time, so can't answer for that. However, the Concierge level on the R ships is not worth the cost to me. The cabins are exactly the same as the B class, I don't need more reservations at the specialty restaurants or the other little things provided by that level. I would rather spend the money on other things.

Worth the money?

No, not worth the extra.

Worth the money?

On the R-Class ship concierge it is worth the small additional charge - for us the benefits -

1) Additional reservation in specialty restaurants (number depends on cruise length). And you can book them earlier.

2) Higher deck - if that is your preference Deck 7 vs. Deck 6 (for me the biggest advantage)

3) Use of the concierge. Yes you can use them for complaint resolution, early tender tickets if you are doing a private tour.

4) Availability of rooms for a late booking (B1 - B2 sell out quicker)

5) Bottle of champagne or wine (OK that is small)

6) As mentioned early embarkation

I thought the concierge was available to ALL passengers. Is this wrong? When we booked a cabana, it was the concierge who assigned which one we had. Also, I believe he is available to help anyone resolve a problem. Please let me know if that is not the case. Thank you.

Harriet

We just finished 10 days on Regatta in 7021. 3 perks made the extra dollars worthwhile, although 1 will not apply to OP.

1. We arrived at the terminal around 1:15 in Miami. The lines were long for document preparation. When we showed the OC rep our reservation we were immediately moved to an agent with no line. Made me feel special.

2. As we ate lunch in the Terrace Cafe with another couple an announcement was made that Concierge level rooms were ready. We left, they did not. I did not hear another announcement until an hour later for the other levels. We were unpacked and exploring by then.

3. We met a couple who were in another level cabin and they were somewhat envious of our 4 reservations at Toscana and Polo made before we boarded. I had a small problem with our Thanksgiving dinner and was treated very well as they tried to appease me for the errors. I was offered another reservation in Polo or Toscana for my troubles. Did this have anything to do with our A1 cabin? Do not know.

My opinion - I cannot remember how much more the A1 cabin cost but the treatment given us for the upgrade made it worthwhile.

I thought the concierge was available to ALL passengers. Is this wrong? When we booked a cabana, it was the concierge who assigned which one we had. Also, I believe he is available to help anyone resolve a problem. Please let me know if that is not the case. Thank you.

Harriet

Concierge & concierge level cabins are different

The concierge cabins on Marina & Riviera have a dedicated lounge with a concierge person

All lower level cabins use the concierge person on deck 5

For the R-ships the concierge person can be used by ALL passengers

They should really revise the name of the concierge deck on the R-ships to something else so as not to confuse ;)

3. We met a couple who were in another level cabin and they were somewhat envious of our 4 reservations at Toscana and Polo made before we boarded. I had a small problem with our Thanksgiving dinner and was treated very well as they tried to appease me for the errors. I was offered another reservation in Polo or Toscana for my troubles. Did this have anything to do with our A1 cabin? Do not know.

Probably not

We had a problem in Toscana on one cruise & were offered several more specialty dining reservations & we were in C1

They try to please as best they can

Lyn

Having just left the Marina this morning and waiting for my flight to Palm Springs as i write this, I will say that I choose my cabin for the location which was 9002. It had a extended "catwalk" area which was absolutely wonderful when arriving to and from Ports. I woud imagine the passengers a few decks below werent happy but i tried hard not to look at others on the balcony. IMO, athough the concierge on deck 9 was wonderful, the lounge was too small and........many congregated there in their bathrobes (some not closed all the way) in the morning. Some obviously felt too much at home. :)

They could do without the lounge. There are some perks in the Spa as mentioned in an earlier post. My cabin was great. I hope to write a review in the next week or so.

Archived