Enough time to get to port. 1:33 pm arrival

ladyjane550

OUr plane will be getting into Miami at 1:33. Ship leaves at 4:30 at Port of Miami. I am getting nervous about missing the ship.

..... with good reason! You're supposed to board a minimum of 90 minutes before sailing so that manifests can be finalized. That's 3pm for you, leaving about an hour and a half to get off the plane, collect luggage, find a cab and get to the pier. Doable if all the parts fall into place just right but zero contingency. Have you considered what you would do if you miss the ship? Get an expensive last minute flight to the next port? Will need hotels too, .... without reservations. Or get an expensive last minute flight back home and maybe file an insurance claim?

I assume you've considered earlier flights, even coming the night before.

Your call....... but not the way most folks want to have a vacation. I hope it all works out for you.

I always recommend flying in the day before because when you fly the day of the cruise a flight delay or cancellation may cause you to miss the ship.

You are cutting this way to tight.

You need to check in by 3:00 PM.

If your flight is on time and you have checked luggage you will barely make it.

Any delay and you have missed the cutoff time.

Keith

I agree. You should switch that flight plan immediately. :eek: You don't say what month you are flying. Or if you are nonstop. But coming from Mich. weather can be a big time influence on your plans. And delays if you have a layover are maddening as of late. If you can't fly in the day before like many of us agree is the smartest thing to do, then find some flight that will land in MIA by 10:00 a.m. at the latest...and even that doesn't give much room for delays.

Hope you bought travel insurance. You are starting your vacation with the stress you are trying to get away from.:o

If you say you cannot change the flight, then get yourself prepared NOW to catch up to the ship on the first port day. Have all the flight info to get to the first stop, line up a cancellable hotel in Miami for the night or two you'll be spending. Even with insurance, you will have to get these things pretty much done on your own. And it will so much easier to have it done ahead of time. Not when you are emotionally drained from the stress.

Hate to be the doom and gloom advisor. But you are cutting it way too close. You might want to call the cruiseline and ask for the "what if" information too.

Good luck!

Your playing a dangerous game with your cruise. You are not leaving enough time to cover for any slight delays in your flight, getting your baggage, arranging for transportation and travel time to the port. Its best to try and arrive a day early, but if you must arrive the same day as the cruise, get into town as early as possible. I would rather be there early in the morning, have a leasuirely breakfast, pickup last minute items, and then head to port at around 11:00.

Did you book these flights yourself, or through Celebrity or TA?

As others have said, I would change your flight to arrive earlier. The only times I have flown the same day as my cruise is when RCCL arranged a non-stop flight and when I arranged our flight and we flew non-stop, arriving around 10:00 A.M. We usually fly in a day or two before, especially during the winter when the weather is unpredictable.

Archived