ironing board/iron?

big"o"

Correct, irons and steamers are forbidden items. From returning cruisers, they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. I tried to locate the laundry price faq but the search funtion is not real good on Celebritys web site and I don't have my regular computer as I'm on vacation...The prices are very reasonable though, better than what I pay at home.

Hello, I see you are a fairly new Cruise Critic member -- one of the great things about this site is the ability to Search for posts on the same topic -- if you do a search you'll find lots of good ideas about how to get along without an iron -- methods of packing, using the shower as a steam source and so forth -- since no irons or steamers are allowed

Correct, irons and steamers are forbidden items. From returning cruisers, they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. I tried to locate the laundry price faq but the search funtion is not real good on Celebritys web site and I don't have my regular computer as I'm on vacation...The prices are very reasonable though, better than what I pay at home.

Hello, I see you are a fairly new Cruise Critic member -- one of the great things about this site is the ability to Search for posts on the same topic -- if you do a search you'll find lots of good ideas about how to get along without an iron -- methods of packing, using the shower as a steam source and so forth -- since no irons or steamers are allowed

Hi Big-O,

Welcome to Cruise Critic... and a BIG Welcome Aboard the Celebrity Forum as well !!

You can find the Laundry / Dry Cleaning / Pressing prices on the Celebrity Website in the FAQ Section = http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

As the others have mentioned the Boards here on CC are searchable... (look for the SEARCH Key that appears at the top right of the List of Forum Topics) indeed a good place to start if you are looking for a variety of subjects on other ways to cut down on the cost of using the Ships Pressing serivices ... packing tips are particularly useful (tissue paper, drycleaning bags)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Hi Big-O,

Welcome to Cruise Critic... and a BIG Welcome Aboard the Celebrity Forum as well !!

You can find the Laundry / Dry Cleaning / Pressing prices on the Celebrity Website in the FAQ Section = http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

As the others have mentioned the Boards here on CC are searchable... (look for the SEARCH Key that appears at the top right of the List of Forum Topics) indeed a good place to start if you are looking for a variety of subjects on other ways to cut down on the cost of using the Ships Pressing serivices ... packing tips are particularly useful (tissue paper, drycleaning bags)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Just a caution, that list link Sloop posted is out of date. You need to add a dollar to most item's cost. Even more for suits that are now 12.95. You will find that many things on the Celebrity site are out of date.

Small handheld steamers are prohibited? Why? Yet they do allow women's hairdryers, curling irons and electric straighteners etc, right?

Just a caution, that list link Sloop posted is out of date. You need to add a dollar to most item's cost. Even more for suits that are now 12.95. You will find that many things on the Celebrity site are out of date.

TO FRANKINPA,

Thanks for setting the record straight...

Lol, I was just trying to help out a fellow Traveller in light of DKJRETIRED not having the info at his fingertips at the time...

And so it goes...

As much as I like the Celebrity Website (sometimes I think I am the only one)... I am discovering as other regulars here on CC have said, that the info therein isn't always 100% accurate (lol somewhere between 50% and 75% seems to be more the norm... more of shall we say a "suggestion"... or just a starting point to go on)

And yes, that can be somewhat frustrating.

So thanks for the info both on behalf of the OP, and for my own growing Travel File as well, much appreciated.

PS... Notice that a lot of the FAQ Pages on the Celebrity Website were coming up "Not Available" over the weekend, might have been regular weekly maintenance (which I understand they do on the weekends) or else they are in the midst of more changes to the website... know that one page I tried to view said "Info Under Revision... available soon"

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Cheers!

TO FRANKINPA,

Thanks for setting the record straight...

Lol, I was just trying to help out a fellow Traveller in light of DKJRETIRED not having the info at his fingertips at the time...

And so it goes...

As much as I like the Celebrity Website (sometimes I think I am the only one)... I am discovering as other regulars here on CC have said, that the info therein isn't always 100% accurate (lol somewhere between 50% and 75% seems to be more the norm... more of shall we say a "suggestion"... or just a starting point to go on)

And yes, that can be somewhat frustrating.

So thanks for the info both on behalf of the OP, and for my own growing Travel File as well, much appreciated.

PS... Notice that a lot of the FAQ Pages on the Celebrity Website were coming up "Not Available" over the weekend, might have been regular weekly maintenance (which I understand they do on the weekends) or else they are in the midst of more changes to the website... know that one page I tried to view said "Info Under Revision... available soon"

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Cheers!

Thanks for the assist John. Celebrity needs some major help with their search feature. I'm not an educated person on how these things work but I put in the iron and my search results gave me the Westin, Seattle....

I put in Blu and it directs me to Celebrity's book. I mean why can't it just give me info on Blu...

No iron. Example of how much laundry was: $3 for washing a pair of socks. I hand washed several things. No socks laundered by Celebrity.

I took things that don't wrinkle and rewore the same garments on formal nights. No one notices or cares if you wear the same thing twice.

I washed out crucial items and let them dry for a couple of days. It is too bad there is no self laundry and the prices for sending out laundry were outrageous.

No iron. Example of how much laundry was: $3 for washing a pair of socks. I hand washed several things. No socks laundered by Celebrity.

I took things that don't wrinkle and rewore the same garments on formal nights. No one notices or cares if you wear the same thing twice.

I washed out crucial items and let them dry for a couple of days. It is too bad there is no self laundry and the prices for sending out laundry were outrageous.

The prices are the same or better than the prices I pay at home so how can you say they are outrageous. I don't know too many people who send out socks but the prices for suits, pants, etc. are extremely competitive and have been for years...

It's ok to be a little wrinkled, you're on vacation :-)

Rolling your items for packing instead of folding them will go a long way in keeping them from creasing. Using packing cubes helps too, at least it does me, as it keeps the items from shifting as much which increases wrinkles. If you don't know what packing cubes are, you can google them - a popular site with them is ebags.com (hope I'm allowed to mention that site lol)

That is a good idea.

Just because I bring Mrs Fixit 2010 on a cruise, doesn't mean she can shirk

her duties.. Should have an ironing board for her and some marigolds incase she wants to do a little cleaning too. Hmmm perhaps I could also point her to the ships kitchen..

uh oh here she comes now ...

What's that ?

nooooooo, of course im not expressing my humor on CC again dear.

Archived