Which cruise line

usaspire

I am planning a Alaska cruise in May 2012. Which cruise line would you pros recommend for a young couple (we are both 30). We are planning on travelling along so want a cruise line which has tons of onboard activities and where we can find crowd our age.

Thanks for your help in advance

I am planning a Alaska cruise in May 2012. Which cruise line would you pros recommend for a young couple (we are both 30). We are planning on travelling along so want a cruise line which has tons of onboard activities and where we can find crowd our age.

Thanks for your help in advance

Alaskan cruises are full of families and younger folks. While onboard activities are great, many find that they don't have time for as many as they thought that they would. Alaska absorbs you...all day....and by night, after a good meal, not so many late night activities.

Suggestion: Princess does Alaska...possibly better than anyone.

Alaskan cruises are full of families and younger folks. While onboard activities are great, many find that they don't have time for as many as they thought that they would. Alaska absorbs you...all day....and by night, after a good meal, not so many late night activities.

Suggestion: Princess does Alaska...possibly better than anyone.

Sorry to disagree (especially with someone from Ky.)..but the OP is cruising in May and during that month you will have an older group sailing..Families/younger people will be cruising in the summer months...;)

We are in our early 40's & will be travelling with our 3.5 year old son. We chose HAL's Volendam because it is a round trip cruise laveing out of Vancouver which has the benefit of sailing east of the island. We also chose this ship based on its size & the fact that it goes into Glacier Bay.

We have been on other lines with sea days, etc. & did not partake of a lot of the activities, so I did not book for that reason, though as others have pointed out, Alaska cruises are about the scenery, not the lounge acts...

I think that any line could be nice. I did a chart with the ships that were possibilities for us & listed what was important to us "Glacier Bay, small ship so that it could get in further to the bay & fjords, r/t leaving Vancouver, etc." & Volendam hashed out as best for us. This will be our first HAL cruise so while "past cruiser benefits" was on my list, those perks did not sway my decision.

If you look at itineraries for a typical 7 day one-way cruise you visit ports for 3 days, are at sea for 1 day, and have two days of scenic cruising. We chose a northbound end of May from Vancouver as we wanted to acclimatize to cool weather (and visit cousins and explore Vancouver) before we left on the ship. I liked the idea of having the excitement build as we traveled north. I looked at websites that allowed me to select and compare prices--some are advertised on CC. I booked through an over 50 site that was having a special onboard credit deal.

Archived