Mariner Today: Health Issues Delayed Boarding

People who arrived at 1100 were in line with us ..

I heard they had to scrub the ship from top to bottom. That would be worth the wait for them to hopefully get rid of the virus onboard! I had it a few years ago on The Ecstasy and it was absolutely miserable.

Hope you have a good cruise after your rocky start!

Unfortunately, 'tis the season" for the dreaded viruses! They can scrub and scrub, but until everyone who boards isn't sick in some fashion, the illnesses will continue. Wash your hands frequently and do NOT touch your face...ever!!!!

Don't forget the crew who stay from cruise to cruise and carry the virus with them.

We just got off the Mariner on Sunday, 12/11. Midway through the cruise they put a letter in all our staterooms reenforcing the concept of washing your hands and at the entrance to the food areas they had a crew member making sure everyone used the hand sanitizer. I talked to a crew member later and was told they had noro cases on board. I did notice that there were a lot of crew members going around with bottles of spray and wiping down the handrails, etc. They never officially announced that noro was aboard however.

Just back from the 12/4 Allure sailing where we had heard stories of ships reporting GI illness. Mariner was one which was at red status, whatever that means. Solstice also had delayed boarding 12/11. Allure was actively using precautions---cleaning handrails, staff dispensing hand sanitizer at buffets,etc. Despite these measures, I got the 'gift" on departure day. Yep, still feel like crap today. use the hand sanitizer before I go through the food lines and again at my table before I eat. It's wicked.

What a bad deal.. You probably got if from someone aboard the Mariner with us. Guess we are lucky they don't make the ships sail in circles until the virus disappears or they run out of food... any bets on which will happen first?

Despite these measures, I got the 'gift" on departure day. Yep, still feel like crap today. use the hand sanitizer before I go through the food lines

I believe the hand sanitizers only work on bacteria, they are ineffective when it comes to a virus.

Archived