Amex obc

bcd2010

This may be something no one knows the answer to, or more accurately the answer will be to call AMEX, but what number/department? I am about to make final payment (yay! that means my cruise is within sight!). I have a debit card that is a "Bank of America American Express Card". Would payment by this card qualify for getting the AMEX OBC?

I think not but as you say, call AmEx.

There are two questions: Did you place your deposit using your AmEx and did you have to in order to qualify?

Second question is are you using an Am Ex card that carries with it the OBC.

AmEx Platinum.... not associated with any entity other than AmEx provides the OBC but down payment and final payment must be made with the card. This is the card for which we pay a very high membership fee each year.

Call 'member services' - I imagine you can find that number on the AmEx website. Or call the telephone number on the back of your card and they can connect you to the correct department. Look on a paid bill, if you have one. There should be a Customer Service number on it.

Good luck.

Yes, of course, ask. But I don't think you qualify.

Between the time I typed the above post and now, my DH called and during our conversation, he mentioned the Platinum membership renewal is on his bill..... $495 per year, I think he said. That is the card that qualifies for OBC.... maybe there are others?

Can I jump in and ask a question? We just booked a HAL cruise through Delta Skymiles Cruises and paid with our Platinum Delta AMEX. Anyone know if that would qualify? I know, I know, I should just call and ask them myself, but I thought I'd check here first. :-)

Nope -- that card won't work either.

Okay, thanks to all for the clarification about which card qualifies - hopefully it will help others who are wondering. I'm lucky if I'm able to cruise once a year so a platinum card wouldn't bring enough benefit (for OBC - there may be other benefits, but this is the one I'm asking about).

CC is SO helpful - the knowledge people here save me a lot of work and teach me so much. I really appreciate you!

Can I jump in and ask a question? We just booked a HAL cruise through Delta Skymiles Cruises and paid with our Platinum Delta AMEX. Anyone know if that would qualify? I know, I know, I should just call and ask them myself, but I thought I'd check here first. :-)

That card does not qualify. Any card that is associated with any other entity (in this case Delta) does not qualify.

Sorry.

Okay, thanks to all for the clarification about which card qualifies - hopefully it will help others who are wondering. I'm lucky if I'm able to cruise once a year so a platinum card wouldn't bring enough benefit (for OBC - there may be other benefits, but this is the one I'm asking about).

CC is SO helpful - the knowledge people here save me a lot of work and teach me so much. I really appreciate you!

I'm happy I was able to help with your question..... and all others about which I might have some knowledge.

We have used our AMEX platinum card to book our last 2 cruises. We book through AMEX platinum travel service. They are great to work with. We were able to upgrade from an SY suite to an SS suite for $100 which was a good deal as well as receiving $300 OBC , dinAner in the Pinnacle grill on our first night and a bottle of champagne. On our upcoming cruise we booked a SA suite so no upgrade but we still get the OBC and the rest of the goodies. Another nice perk is a $200 per year credit for airline fees (at $50 per bag we'll use this up on our flight to Tampa) The fee for the card looks steep but we figure we will get our money back if we cruise once a year. Not all cruise lines are part of the AMEX plan but all the info os on the AMEX website. It's worth loooking into.

Archived