If not NCL, which Ship would you sail?

65viki

We've sailed several times with NCL and have enjoyed our cruises, and have also sailed with RCI and Princess. Would give the "edge" to Princess, however, we're by no means done with NCL. Our first cruise was on the NCL Seaward and we enjoyed 2 cruises on the wonderful Blue Lady, the "Norway". May return to RCI again, but not in a big hurry to do so.

Right now have FCC's with Princess and also NCL.

I love the Solstice class ships. They have "Select" dining, and that works pretty well with them. The only thing is we've gotten away from wanting to do formal nights. Now Celebrity has stated their specialty dining restaurants are "smart casual" on all nights.

Back to the singing waiters. I don't like it. I especially don't like it when passengers are forced to join in (thinking Conga lines). However, I'm not so sure all the staff find it demeaning. On Solstice, they had some sort of dancing waiter event. Our waiter was excellent, but a little on the formal side. This was the only time we saw him loosen up! "Make sure you stay for the Baked Alaska Parade" he said. We usually leave, but we stayed. Our formal waiter was acting like a 12-year old, giggling away with the assistant waiter. It sure seemed like they were having fun.:)

well if I were chooseing my next cruise I would pick epic as my first choice, then freedom / oasis of the seas, then carnival breeze because its new.

I probably will sail on all of these for my next 3 or 4 cruises but I also like the idea of a 10/11 nt cruise either with rcl or ncl but itinerary is an importaint factor for me

That's something we've pondered as well.

With the itineraries published now out to almost 2014 and no new routes or ports to be found, we may be faced with seeking some variety with respect to destinations on other lines.

What's funny is: I've cruised 3 times with Carnival and loved it. The fact that NCL has published their fares thru 2014 is what is making me consider giving them a try. I've been wanting to try other lines anyway but I'm really ready to start planning something for 2013 and 2014.

Ah, yes the dancing Carnival waiters. I felt a bit sorry for the waiters when they had to dance. I was a bit sorry for out table too, when the assistant waiter was MIA, the waiter was dancing, and we were waiting for water, wine and bread service.:rolleyes:

The waiters on The Dream seemed to be having an awesome time when they danced. They were laughing it up! What a fun atmosphere. We loved it (especially my kids). The best nights were when they did Thriller and Low (Flo Rida). I got a kick out of seeing the Maitre D sing Flo Rida after hearing him sing Frank Sinatra and the likes. Service was always excellent to say the least, the 3 minute dance did not hinder it for us at all. They never did songs that involved guest participation, which I am grateful for. It was purely entertainment. I loved the "flash mob" feel of it. You are sitting there enjoying a beautiful meal and all of a sudden everything stops, the music changes to something upbeat and the waiters all start dancing and having a blast... it's pretty exciting to witness for the first time. When it's over, they go back to their professional demeanor just as quickly. They obvisouly put a lot of effort and practice into these things, I didn't once feel sorry for them, they were having too much fun. I did make me appreciate them even more though.

Archived