Ruby T/A Sold out for 10/9/12 Already?

ExDean

We were booked on the 2011 Venetain Passage but had to cancel due to a death in the family. Thought about giving it a try in 2012 only to find it is "sold out," except for some inside cabins. This far in advance? Anyone know why? Convention, group booking, special event? Just curious.

Christmas and Holiday greetings to all CCers.

We were booked on the 2011 Venetain Passage but had to cancel due to a death in the family. Thought about giving it a try in 2012 only to find it is "sold out," except for some inside cabins. This far in advance? Anyone know why? Convention, group booking, special event? Just curious.

I show Interior's open in 4 categories for the cruise you are interested in. But everything else appears sold out.

I will say that our Oceania TA cruise for next year is booking up fast (we booked it last April). On our roll call for our cruise, there are people who were asked to switch cruises (change from our ship to another) and were offered a Suite to do so!

We were booked on the 2011 Venetian Passage but had to cancel due to a death in the family. Thought about giving it a try in 2012 only to find it is "sold out," except for some inside cabins. This far in advance? Anyone know why? Convention, group booking, special event? Just curious.

It could be that repositioning cruises are becoming more popular. Our Spring TA from FLL to Copenhagen has been sold out for quite a while in most categories. We were on the cruise you had to cancel and there were quite a few people who had booked after final payment when cabins opened up, and they were crowing about the great deal they got. I do believe that most deals did not include balconies.

Another point, this cruise included a stop in Casablanca. We were on a Star Princess fall TA which also had a stop in Casablanca, but due to security concerns we did not go there but to a Spanish port. So keep this in mind, Casablanca may not happen.

Popularity. It's been essentially sold out for a while. We have a very active roll call and even most of the private tours people have arranged are sold out. Ditto for the more popular hotels pre-cruise. I tried last July to book a room at a small hotel recommended by other CCrs and it was already sold out. Sold out cruises this far in advance aren't unusual. My Star cruise in March from Santiago to SF has been similarly sold out for a year.

A few people on our roll call have canceled so if you want to book this cruise, I'd get myself a GTY or on the waitlist. Chances are good this far in advance that you'll get a cabin.

My sister and brother-in-law took back-to-back Princess cruises in 2010 so are on the notify list of upcoming cruises. When the Oct 9th cruise came up at $100 per day she asked if I and a family friend would be interested in joining them in the trans-Atlantic cruise. I jumped at the chance (my husband gets seasick) of sharing a cabin at that price and told her to 'book it' right away. Even then I was downgraded to an outside with obstructed view and am on an upgrade waiting list. I am looking forward to the variety of ports. I work with someone born and raised in the Azores so am getting lots of info.

My Star cruise in March from Santiago to SF has been similarly sold out for a year.

Even a sold out cruise will have openings now and then.

I was able to book the cruise Pam was on in about six weeks ago when I checked and saw availability. Since final payment, a number of cabins have become available. At least 35 are available right now.

Our Black Sea cruise was sold out more than a year out, but when final payment time came, there were a number of cabins that became available in all categories. I'd just keep checking it and grab it quickly when someone cancels.

Archived