who to do sting ray tour in Grand Cayman with???

paulgraff

We took the RCI Excursion from the Voyager on 7 Dec. We arrived at 7:00AM and were the first ship in port. Since that is a tendering port, and we were on an RCI excursion, we were the first off the ship and the first to Singray City. There were on 20 people on our boat and we had the rays to ourselves until we were leaving when the double deck boats came in and filled the water with people. So in this case the ships excursion was the best. It was great and would do it again.

My vote is for Moby Dick. We have done the tour twice with different groups of people and everyone loved it. Mark and his crew give a humorous dos and don'ts enroute to the rays. No lunch is included but we ate at Rackhams (5 minute walk to pier). Great fish and chips there.

Sheal

Captain Marvin's is our favorite. We've been twice w/them (and once w/Captain Marvin himself) and were booked one other time and it was fairly windy and they let us cancel that day due to "rough seas". That's treating people right!

Small boats and they get you in where the HUGE boats can't go!

Nativeway. We used them over Thanksgiving for the stingray and starfish snorkel tour. Our boat had only 9 people so we had plenty of time with the stingrays. We saw other boats from the ship tours with 30-40 people crammed in... each person had only a few seconds with a stingray.

Rowan Watersports and Franks Watersports are actually the cheapest at $30.

Island Marketing is also pretty cheap at $35. All three include snacks but not lunch.

Island Marketing's tour is the longest 3.5 hours

Frank's tour includes Rum Punch.

Nativeway. We used them over Thanksgiving for the stingray and starfish snorkel tour. Our boat had only 9 people so we had plenty of time with the stingrays. We saw other boats from the ship tours with 30-40 people crammed in... each person had only a few seconds with a stingray.

I looked into them for our Thanksgiving 2012 Liberty trip and we don't dock until 10am and the tours start at 9am. Did you by chance dock late morning also? Do they adjust for the cruiseships docking later? I'd love to do the stingray and starfish snorket tour but they have not responded to my email.

I looked into them for our Thanksgiving 2012 Liberty trip and we don't dock until 10am and the tours start at 9am. Did you by chance dock late morning also? Do they adjust for the cruiseships docking later? I'd love to do the stingray and starfish snorket tour but they have not responded to my email.

We were there on the Voyager of the Seas from 7 am to 4 pm. The tour we took started at 10 am local (eastern) time. The ship had changed to eastern time when we left New Orleans so we had 3 hours to make it to the tour.

Sharon (nativway@candw.ky) was good about emailing me back promptly. I'd drop her another note in case your first one didn't make it. Doublecheck the times with her directly since what we ended up with didn't match their website exactly.

We were there on the Voyager of the Seas from 7 am to 4 pm. The tour we took started at 10 am local (eastern) time. The ship had changed to eastern time when we left New Orleans so we had 3 hours to make it to the tour.

Sharon (nativway@candw.ky) was good about emailing me back promptly. I'd drop her another note in case your first one didn't make it. Doublecheck the times with her directly since what we ended up with didn't match their website exactly.

I did send her a 2nd email and she did respond promptly. They do have a special tour for the people on the Liberty. Starts at 11:30am and ends at 2:45pm. Perfect timing for us. The tour looks great and just what I'm looking for. With a family of 5, you can't beat the price either.

Thanks for the info

Archived