more itineraries like Maasdam

m steve

I tried to book the Maasdam for a January or Feb cruise and all the balcony cabins were taken. They have a more interesting itinerary than the big ships and I hope that HAL will change some of the smaller ships into this type of schedule. There should be a few new ports to visit instead of the same old schedule they have used for years. St. Barths, Guadaloupe, Tortuga and a few other ports would compliment the major ports that seem to be on every cruise.

Some of the larger ships cannot go to some of the islands as they don't have the infrastructure to support them.

It isn't as simple as we like to think that a cruise line can just say, 'Okay, let's add St. Bart's to Eurodam's itinerary'. :)

Not to mention, it is more costly to go to some ports and the low fares many seek on the larger ships are too low to support going to pricer ports.

I tried to book the Maasdam for a January or Feb cruise and all the balcony cabins were taken. They have a more interesting itinerary than the big ships and I hope that HAL will change some of the smaller ships into this type of schedule. There should be a few new ports to visit instead of the same old schedule they have used for years. St. Barths, Guadaloupe, Tortuga and a few other ports would compliment the major ports that seem to be on every cruise.

I would also like to see more itineraries like the Maasdam does -- but the larger ships just can't get into those smaller ports.

It would be nice if the Ryndam would so some longer itineries out of Tampa that included some of those ports.

We haven't even thought about 2013 cruises yet. We're only booked through our Maasdam annual Canada/New England cruises. I suppose one of these days I'll see what they have planned for Maasdam and Noordam for 2013.

I've just returned from the Maasdam's 45-day Atlantic Adventurer. It was my fourth time on this wonderful ship, and all I can say is "wow." I'm already booked on a 21-day Collector's Cruise on her in March and on the 49-day R/T cruise to Brazil in January of 2013. If and when HAL pulls the "S" class ships from the fleet, my heart will break!

Word we got from the Ryndam hotel manager is as long as the plumbing stays intact on these old ladies, they are expected to still be part of the HAL family. All counts indicated Maadam's plumbing was still working okay. She lives to sail another day.

Our upcoming cruise on Maasdam this spring will be our 32nd cruise on that beautiful ship.

And Yes, I will be very , very sad if/when Maasdam leaves HAL's fleet. I don't even want to think about it.

I think we are a long way from seeing the Maasdam leave the fleet. It is still very popular among many HAL cruisers.

We have some close friends who took their first HAL cruise on the Masdaam this summer. They were raving about the intimacy offered by a smaller ship. After one trip, they want to do it again.

Great -- I haven't checked out the 2013 schedules yet.

WOW !

Just checked the 2013 schedule for the Ryndam out of Tampa. Twenty-one (21) day cruise including Western, Eastern & Southern Caribbean. HAL had offered 14 day Eastern & Southern Caribbean several years ago and excited that they bought it back plus 7 days. Will book as soon as my DW gets back from shopping !

I've looked and posted on the St. Barts boards, but haven't gotten an answer.

Last year, we took a taxi with another couple and did a tour of the island. The driver pointed out several sites but didn't stop anywhere. When we got back to the port, we walked a bit and had lunch on the water at a small restaurant. Looking for a nice beach, but read on the boards that none of the beaches rent chairs or umbrellas because they are all private. Anyone have any ideas for a beach and a place for lunch?

WOW !

Just checked the 2013 schedule for the Ryndam out of Tampa. Twenty-one (21) day cruise including Western, Eastern & Southern Caribbean. HAL had offered 14 day Eastern & Southern Caribbean several years ago and excited that they bought it back plus 7 days. Will book as soon as my DW gets back from shopping !

Yes -- in 2008 we did back-to-back cruises on the Veendam out of Tampa -- first a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise and then a 14 day Souther Caribbean cruise. We loved it.

This is the reply I got from Nikki Beach Hotel.

Thank you for your request to receive additional information and newsletters from Nikki Beach Hotels & Resorts. In the coming weeks you will receive our newsletter which will highlight our many Resort projects around the world and share with you all the exciting events and entertainment at our existing destinations.

If you have requested specific information regarding interest in the purchase of Luxury units available at many of our locations, a response will be sent to you shortly.

Nikki Beach Hotels & Resorts (Tell Only Your Best Friends)

I think I'll also try Eden Roc which is supposed to be very beautiful.

Well, that wasn't real helpful was it, Carol?

I'm trying to picture Eden Roc and think I remember it. Yes, definitely try them. The island is so small nothing is very far away.

The beaches we saw were gorgeous.

I've looked and posted on the St. Barts boards, but haven't gotten an answer.

Last year, we took a taxi with another couple and did a tour of the island. The driver pointed out several sites but didn't stop anywhere. When we got back to the port, we walked a bit and had lunch on the water at a small restaurant. Looking for a nice beach, but read on the boards that none of the beaches rent chairs or umbrellas because they are all private. Anyone have any ideas for a beach and a place for lunch?

Check out Chowhound for their "Caribbean" board and see what you can find: http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/88

Chowhound search for St Barts: http://www.chow.com/search?query=st+barts&board_name=South+and+Central+America+and+the+Caribbean&from_date=1+year+ago&search_board_id=88&type=Topic

St Barts restaurant recs: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/391321

And finally: Lunch on St Barts: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/558761

This is the reply I got from Nikki Beach Hotel.

Thank you for your request to receive additional information and newsletters from Nikki Beach Hotels & Resorts. In the coming weeks you will receive our newsletter which will highlight our many Resort projects around the world and share with you all the exciting events and entertainment at our existing destinations.

If you have requested specific information regarding interest in the purchase of Luxury units available at many of our locations, a response will be sent to you shortly.

Nikki Beach Hotels & Resorts (Tell Only Your Best Friends)

I think I'll also try Eden Roc which is supposed to be very beautiful.

Do I understand you correctly?

You're looking for a Beach,,,, right?

Archived