more itineraries like Maasdam

m steve

Thank you, SwissMyst...I will check those out, too!

Do I understand you correctly?

You're looking for a Beach,,,, right?

Actually, both. We'll do one or the other.Of course, we can always eat at the beach.

I just got this response back from Nikki Beach.

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your email,

We do rent sunbeds at Nikki Beach, they have a minimum consumption,

When did you want to come to the beach?

Regards

Jessica

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 3:49 PM, <contact@nikkibeach.com> wrote:

New Contact - NIkki Beach St Barths

2011-12-23 14:49:53

Last year, we had lunch at Le Route du Buccaneers on the harbor in Gustavia .Chow hound lists it as very nice. Think we paid $60 for a sandwich and a salad. Maybe we had some coffee too. Not too bad as far as St. Barts goes, but it wasn't anything special. Nice spot on the harbor and outside as well as inside dining.

Sheila, just checked my Amex bill.

Great news.

I'm going to copy the contact info and think about us going there on our upcoming Maasdam cruise stopping in St. Barts.

Thanks for sharing.

So, what do you think a minimum consumption means? Nikki Beach is supposed to be quite upscale and very beautiful.

So, what do you think a minimum consumption means? Nikki Beach is supposed to be quite upscale and very beautiful.

Could mean they only have a few to offer outsiders, and/or they also carry a minimum consumption charge to order from their bar/restaurant as well. Odd choice of terms.

I'll confirm but I interpret that to mean that expect you to spend a 'minimum' at their facility. Given the high prices on this island, that probably means rent the chair, tip the attendant, an iced tea and sandwich. :) It's a glorious spot and we're prepared to pay dearly to enjoy it. We were there last year and hoped to see it again and are grateful we (hopefully) will have the chance to see this beautiful place once more. I'm only guessing but it wouldn't shock me if they expect minimum $100 pp.

What price paradise? :D For a special treat, in place of a cabana at HMC, I'd rather do this.

We are trying to find an itinerary that goes to St Barts -- can't find any.

Where are you all finding an itinerary that has St Barts on it?

Maasdam is calling at St. Barts a number of times 2012.

There are various combinations of 10 day, 14 day, 21 and 24 day cruises which call there.

There are combinations of single 10 day cruises or Collectors for the various lengths mentioned.

Look at Maasdam January 13, 2012, February 6, March 12, March 23 and April 6. You will find there are sometimes two stops at St. Barts on some of the Collectors but if you only do one segment, you still can hit that island. These are great itineraries IMO

I've looked and posted on the St. Barts boards, but haven't gotten an answer.

Last year, we took a taxi with another couple and did a tour of the island. The driver pointed out several sites but didn't stop anywhere. When we got back to the port, we walked a bit and had lunch on the water at a small restaurant. Looking for a nice beach, but read on the boards that none of the beaches rent chairs or umbrellas because they are all private. Anyone have any ideas for a beach and a place for lunch?

Shell Beach is a 10 minute walk from the Pier at St. Barts. There is a place on the Beach for lunch and they rent chairs but they were rather pricey - as I recall they wanted 20 Euros. Most people used the bolders along the beach to put their stuff on. You really need water shoes as much of the beach is very small shells. Nice cove area and is good for swimming.

Shell Beach is a 10 minute walk from the Pier at St. Barts. There is a place on the Beach for lunch and they rent chairs but they were rather pricey - as I recall they wanted 20 Euros. Most people used the bolders along the beach to put their stuff on. You really need water shoes as much of the beach is very small shells. Nice cove area and is good for swimming.

Thanks for that info. I don't like beaches that are covered in shells. Went to one like that in Marco Island on the west coast of Florida.I like sand beneath my feet.

I don't think we'd be real comfortable sitting on rocks but I appreciate the mention of water shoes. We each have them and I think I'll toss them in our suitcase in case the beach we choose has some shells and we want to walk the beach.

Our upcoming cruise on Maasdam this spring will be our 32nd cruise on that beautiful ship.

And Yes, I will be very , very sad if/when Maasdam leaves HAL's fleet. I don't even want to think about it.

She was in drydock in april and will go in again. The ship looks great. I don't think HAL would spend so much on her if they were going to retire her soon. I think you will be able to cruise on her for many years to come:)

She was in drydock in april and will go in again. The ship looks great. I don't think HAL would spend so much on her if they were going to retire her soon. I think you will be able to cruise on her for many years to come:)

Yes, we sailed her two cruises since her last dry dock and think she looks great.

I gave you the specific dates, KK.

Plug them in at "Find a Cruise", Plug in All Caribbean and Maasdam" and those cruises should pop up.

Here is a copy and paste of that previous post I made:

Maasdam is calling at St. Barts a number of times 2012.

There are various combinations of 10 day, 14 day, 21 and 24 day cruises which call there.

There are combinations of single 10 day cruises or Collectors for the various lengths mentioned.

Look at Maasdam January 13, 2012, February 6, March 12, March 23 and April 6. You will find there are sometimes two stops at St. Barts on some of the Collectors but if you only do one segment, you still can hit that island. These are great itineraries IMO

I looked at HAL's site for Jan, Feb, Mar and April and I don't see St Barts on any of Maasdam's itineraries.

Judy is correct, Yonnie. We're on the Maasdam 1/13 and are stopping at St. Barts...same as last year. I know it's on some later itineraries as well.

Archived