To Cove or not to Cove.. THAT is the question!

rtw68

Should we get a Cove or a Regular Balcony on the Breeze in December 2012?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get a Cove or a Regular Balcony on the Breeze in December 2012?

• Get a Cove Balcony
    • Get a Regular Balcony

I've been all over these boards saying how much I loved our cove. :) I will never book another class of cabin on these ships ever again.

Everyone has their different preferences in a cabin, which is why it's so great to have a wide variety of cabins available. For me, I get plenty of opportunities for sun - I don't get many opportunities to be that close to the water. It really did change the experience for us, and we used our balcony more often as a result. I love to watch the wake as we sail. I couldn't do that in any other balcony cabin on this class of ship; it's almost possible forward and aft, where the lanai doesn't extend out, but it just doesn't compare to the cove.

Reading this makes even a skeptic like me want to try one - well said!

Personally, I don't understand the popularity !

Underneath an overhanging lifeboat ? Virtually sitting in the dark, no direct sun to speak of ? Also, I don't see any added privacy thing hanging over the railing.......leaning against the railing puts you eye-to-eye with neighbors ? Don't get it. Not for us.

But thy are cheaper than regular balconies. If I do decide to book the Magic, I'll likely book a cove balcony because the oceanviews that are available are in lousy locations, and the cove balcony is the next cheapest option.

We just had a Cove Balcony cabin on Magic last week, It was wonderful, at least for us, close to the water, much more private than the wall of balconies on the higher decks, seems slightly deeper than the balcony we had on Conquest, at least at floor level as the rail leans inward a little. If you want a balcony for sun bathing they are not for you, but if you want to be near the water, feel the spray from the waves (slightly), and enjoy the view, they are great.

We just sailed in a cove over Thanksgiving on the Dream. It was the greatest! I've sailed in afts, suites, in every conceivable location on many ships but this was by far the best experience I've ever had. It was rough waters all week long and watching those waves break was mesmerizing. I spent much more time out there than I usually do. I saw flying fish and turtles in the clear blue water and will always sail in a cove on this class in the future. We had room 2288 and heard nothing from above!

I just got off of Magic, had cabin 2373 under the kitchen....kitchen noise was not unbearable but every night between 6:00 and 10:30 or so you could hear rolling and banging noises....I was in and out of the cabin during this time so it did not bother me. However what bothered me was the last night of the cruise this cabin is in direct line of the luggage storage....started at approx 11:00 PM and ended around 3:30 AM...constant rolling sounds with no let up!

While the cove was OK, I think I still prefer a regular balacony, but I would not rule out another cove in a much different location!

Archived