Jamaica Falmouth - with kids ? what to do ?

lgionet

Cruising on the Allure in February - one stop is Falmouth Jamaica. I have done tons of research but unable to find anything to do that is easy/safe with kids.

I have a 3yr old and a 8 month old.

We are looking for a beach day as we are also travelling with a group (with older in-laws)

Has anyone been to a close beach that is suitable for kids ?

We just got back from the Hilton Rose Hall. Very kid friendly with a lazy river, water slides, pools. The beach is just ok because it was under renovation but there were still plenty of people on the beach. Included all your food and drinks. Our 2 year old DD loved it there.

There was another family that went on this excursion and the driver made two separate trips back to the ship for us so our kids could nap and the other people could stay longer.

We booked through Jamaica for a Day and got the transportation included.

Cruising on the Allure in February - one stop is Falmouth Jamaica. I have done tons of research but unable to find anything to do that is easy/safe with kids.

I have a 3yr old and a 8 month old.

We are looking for a beach day as we are also travelling with a group (with older in-laws)

Has anyone been to a close beach that is suitable for kids ?

I would confidently recommend Iberostar RoseHall Suites (Or beach. But suites has a lazy river) The properties are on the newer side (Suites I think was built in 2008 or 09). Clean, very friendly, there were definitely families with kids staying on premise. The best of all is the ride from the time we left the pier to the lobby was under 15 minutes! I wrote about it in my review here on cruisecritic. Falmouth was a favorite! If you read about pushy shop keepers...we experienced NONE of this at all. We visited summer 2011.

Check out the Jamaica forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Post 172 here shows pictures: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29703348&posted=1#post29703348

We just got back from the Hilton Rose Hall. Very kid friendly with a lazy river, water slides, pools. The beach is just ok because it was under renovation but there were still plenty of people on the beach. Included all your food and drinks. Our 2 year old DD loved it there.

There was another family that went on this excursion and the driver made two separate trips back to the ship for us so our kids could nap and the other people could stay longer.

So glad to read that you enjoyed your day! We just purchased this excursion for a cruise in February. Are there different eating choices all within close proximity? Also, do you happen to know if there is snorkeling available?

Thanks,

Heather

Hey Mymollysue, do you mind me asking what the price was for the day at Hilton Rose Hall? There would be 2 adults and 2 kids in our party....do they charge the same for kids as adults? Many thanks!

We are trying to plan our cruise for next year, which includes Jamaica and I'm not too excited about it due to several really bad experiences I had from going there before.

We will also be taking our 3 year old with us and I'm glad I ran across this thread.

I tried to view the review with pictures, but most pictures are not showing up because the bandwidth is exceeded. :(

Our cruise line of choice is NCL however, which docks at Ocho Rios. I'm just wondering if it is close enough to still visit here?

Hey Mymollysue, do you mind me asking what the price was for the day at Hilton Rose Hall? There would be 2 adults and 2 kids in our party....do they charge the same for kids as adults? Many thanks!

Adult Pass: $75

Child Pass: $55 (ages 5-17)

Adult Pass+Transfer Package: $90

Child Pass+Transfer Package: $70

BTW our 2 year old DD was free!

You only have to pay a $20 deposit per person up front and the rest at the hotel. We used the transfer package and it was great! The one big negative is that you have to wait for everyone who booked the excursion to arrive. We are told when to get off the ship and where to meet the bus but there were people who took their time getting off the ship so we had to wait around for an hour for them.

As far as eating choices, there were a few to choose from. You get a list when you arrive. We chose to eat by the pools. Had the Jerk Chicken and it was great!

According to the website, they do have snorkeling. However, we didn't use the beach there since some of it was under renovation and it looked a bit muddy. Plus the pool/water slide complex was so nice, we thought it was best for our daughter.

Archived