Transportation from Venice cruise terminal to marco airport

Stevie44875

What is the easiest option to get from the cruise terminal to the airport? I don't want to bother with a bus and the cruise line charges $68 per person and would like to make sure i get to the airport asap. Are there usually taxi waiting outside the ship?

Also has anyone taken a taxi from the marco polo airport to the cruise terminal?

You can walk or take the People Mover (monorail) for one euro to Piazzale Roma (transportation hub) to get a taxi to Marco Polo Airport.

I don't see saving much by taking the People Mover to Piazzale Roma if you are still taking a taxi. You can take a taxi from the port.

Why are you opposed to taking the bus for five euros?

yes, there are taxis waiting at the pier (35-40E), but there are also thousands of people disembarking. If you have an early flight and need to be at the airport asap you should make arrangements for a taxi to be waiting for you. We saw lots of drivers holding signs for passengers with reservations. We were among the last to leave our ship so the only taxis we saw were already reserved. It's a 20 drive to the airport.

When we got to Piazzale Roma there were of course many more available taxis.

We used the ATVO airport express bus for 5E. It takes 20 minutes as well. Leaves at 20 and 50 minutes past the hr.

Archived