Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

I have really enjoyed reading your review & looking at your pictures! I'm only part of the way through, but wanted to tell you how much I'm enjoying this! Thanks for all your hard work! We sail on the Dream on October 13, 2012!

You're most welcome! You'll have to let me know when you make it to the end of it! You're going to have a great time!!

Thank you for such a lovely, in-depth review. You are definitely an artist with a camera, something that makes me soooooooo jealous!

We are traveling on the Dream on October 6, 2012 and you have really got me excited! Definitely getting a spa pass! Thanks so much!

Thank you for such a lovely, in-depth review. You are definitely an artist with a camera, something that makes me soooooooo jealous!

We are traveling on the Dream on October 6, 2012 and you have really got me excited! Definitely getting a spa pass! Thanks so much!

Ahhh the spa!! How I wish I was there right now. I cannot wait until November on the Breeze so I can fall in love with the spa all over again! :-)

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am going to have to try to do even better on my cruise in November with the photos!!

I am planning a trip to Belize, Roatan & Cozumel on the Carnival Magic & have been thinking about your fabulous photographs. Low & behold your thread has been popping up again! Thanks so much for all the time & effort in your review - it is beyond amazing....truly a breath of fresh air!

Now, I will have to start over at the beginning w/ new appreciation...poor me:p;)!

Thanks for your review. I have just read it for the second time. Love the photo's, and all the photography tips. I find Photoshop scary, and only use Lightroom, however you have inspired me to take the time to try and learn how to edit in Photoshop.

If all goes to plan, we will be sailing on the Dream next year.

So excited for you that you're going on the Dream! How old are your boys?

Sorry it took so long, life is crazy busy.

Nathan (my Marine) is 22 will be 23 when we go on the cruise.

He can't wait, but he understands that Mom and Dad are paying and who knows when he can experience something like this.

Ben (Junior at University of Nebraska at Omaha) is 20 will be 21 - pretty laid back, so can't tell what he is really thinking.

Zach (Freshman in High School) is 14 will be 15 - he is helping me check out excursions. I think I'm worried about him the most, since the older brothers can pretty much go off and do their own thing. But I did tell him about the Teen Club stuff and showed him your pictures, so I think he will be ok.

I am for sure doing the Spa stuff just from what you said. Hubby has arthritus in his knees and back, so I know the Spa will be just what he needs after a long day.

Thanks again for the great review with pictures. You are an amazing photographer.

I am planning a trip to Belize, Roatan & Cozumel on the Carnival Magic & have been thinking about your fabulous photographs. Low & behold your thread has been popping up again! Thanks so much for all the time & effort in your review - it is beyond amazing....truly a breath of fresh air!

Now, I will have to start over at the beginning w/ new appreciation...poor me:p;)!

Lol.... I honestly have not even read my own thread from start to finish. Maybe one day when I am not so busy, I will try to do that. I love when this thread pops up again too - really makes me excited to write that review on the Breeze in November!

In Belize, we were supposed to Captain our own boat and couldn't due to weather... even though I didn't get to do it... I'd still highly recommend it. Victor Bodden in Roatan is perfect if you want to do your own thing and have your own transporation all day to take you wherever you want to go.

Thanks for your review. I have just read it for the second time. Love the photo's, and all the photography tips. I find Photoshop scary, and only use Lightroom, however you have inspired me to take the time to try and learn how to edit in Photoshop.

If all goes to plan, we will be sailing on the Dream next year.

I would recommend you start with Scott Kelby's books on photoshop to learn the basics and beyond. It really helps to understand what you are doing. Thanks for reading my review!!

HI ! I just had to reply to your review! We are taking our first ever cruise to Cozumel onboard the Dream and I was looking at all the negative reviews and getting a little scared...I read yours and I am sooooo excited! I love all of the pics. The dolphin ones are great! Can you tell me, did you do the dolphin experience that Carnival offered? We have already scheduled our Roatan tour with Victor Bodden :) Thanks for any help!

HI ! I just had to reply to your review! We are taking our first ever cruise to Cozumel onboard the Dream and I was looking at all the negative reviews and getting a little scared...I read yours and I am sooooo excited! I love all of the pics. The dolphin ones are great! Can you tell me, did you do the dolphin experience that Carnival offered? We have already scheduled our Roatan tour with Victor Bodden :) Thanks for any help!

The dolphin encounter was the only thing we booked directly through Carnival on this particular cruise. After we went to Dolphinaris, I realized that for like $40 more each we could have booked directly through the resort and been trainers for a day and had way more time in the water with the dolphins. So, if I were to do this again, I would directly get in touch with Dolphinaris and see what packages are available.

Dolphinaris is a very short and cheap taxi ride away from the port. Less than a couple minutes drive.

<quote> I'll say, we didn't like the Holiday (I wish I'd done a review on that ship) but I'd never recommend anyone to sail on it. </quote>

Very interesting...my Sister was a dancer on the Holiday for several contracts....I sailed her once...only b/c I was visiting my sister, so I got to go hang out with her at the crew area, which is definitely where the real fun is. The crew (entertainers) are definitely a tight knot group, but they were sweet.... My sister's last contract was on the Fantasy, so she wan't on the Holiday in 2006...would've been cool if you would have seen her perform :)

....In Belize, we were supposed to Captain our own boat and couldn't due to weather... even though I didn't get to do it... I'd still highly recommend it.....
I tried to find that tour but it looks like Coral Breeze no longer offers it and I can't find it listed anywhere else. I have booked a tour of Roatan with Victor so we're looking forward to that, and once again, I've enjoyed your review and photos.

Thank you very much! My motto is that any photos are better than not having any at all. Memories can be remembered regardless of the quality of the camera. It's the heart and soul behind the camera that begins the magic making process. :-)

I have just found your review & wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying it!!

Your photos are amazing, but I REALLY love this quote. I'm often disappointed my pics don't turn out quite like I hoped. You are 100% right though, even my bad photos remind me a wonderful memories!:)

My husband sent me the link to this review and I am so glad he did. He has cruised before but this will be my first one. Even though we are not going on the Dream I still found it to be quite helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

~LaToya

• 3 weeks later...
My husband sent me the link to this review and I am so glad he did. He has cruised before but this will be my first one. Even though we are not going on the Dream I still found it to be quite helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

~LaToya

Awesome.. so glad he linked you! First cruises are the best because you're so filled with anticipation and everything will be enticing your sensors on full overload. While my first cruise may not have been the best technically, it was def. the best emotionally because it just seemed so epic! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic review. My partner and I are looking forward to the Dream in Sept '12 and managed to get a great price on a Spa balcony cabin. The spa pictures are great. Thanks for helping us decide on this ship.

You're most welcome! I cannot wait for November so I can go on the Breeze and enjoy the spa! I am dying to be in the Cloud 9 spa again! I hope it has all the same things I loved on the Dream but maybe looks slightly different so I can take new photos! :-)