Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

LOL, Will & Linda were friends we made on our first cruise. I'm sure he found it very amusing to find Kim and I prominently in this review, even if his spell check botched my name. ;-)

Lots of people are going to be prominent in my Breeze review... some of them may find themselves turning red in the face when they see their photos. lol. :-) You and Kim are the biggest highlight of this one so you should feel all special n stuff. :-P

Lots of people are going to be prominent in my Breeze review... some of them may find themselves turning red in the face when they see their photos. lol. :-) You and Kim are the biggest highlight of this one so you should feel all special n stuff. :-P

I do... but I'm still waiting for that picture from the stairs that I can get a decent print out of... *hint * *hint * we are moving to a new place and I'd love to surprise here with it framed before on the wall.. she hasn't even seen the place in person yet ;-)

I just discovered your review after seeing the post requesting you to review your recent cruise. I'm sure glad I did. I'm halfway through your Dream review. You photos are truly magic. My favorites are from Roatan, a place I visited last Spring. From the 2 men in the back of the delivery truck, to the wooden pier, and then my most favorites--you and the monkeys! I can't wait to read the rest, but its getting late! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

LOL, Will & Linda were friends we made on our first cruise. I'm sure he found it very amusing to find Kim and I prominently in this review, even if his spell check botched my name. ;-)

Steve; OMG :o:o:o I can't believe I called you Mike. So sorry, after all I tended to remember you as the "Carnival Celebrity" and then of course I would never forget Kim.

Glad to see you are still cruising. Have a GREAT trip and I can't wait for the review of this voyage. Looks like a fun group.

We sail out of NYC on Jan 9th on Miracle, Last year it was Golden Princess to Hawaii. We missed you on that cruise.

Gord and Linda

Edited by wilfros
spelling mistake

Lol..... thanks... and who is Mike? Steven is Steven......

Steven IS Steven! You are absolutely correct and I am most certainly OLD! I was having a "senior moment" when I wrote that! The mind is the first thing to go. :confused:

You are a beautiful, talented photographer. I say this not only about your post processing but also about your eye for the shot. Anyone having their photo taken by you would be lucky and I hope they all appreciate your skill.

Edited by wilfros

I saw you just sailed on the Breeze which is how I found this thread. My husband, son and I will be on the Breeze for the Dec. 22 sailing. Although I have never sailed the Dream or have a sailing planned I got sucked into your review. Loved reading every word and looking at your gorgeous photos! Thank you so much for sharing with us. Hope you have a Breeze review planned *big smile*

I'm sitting here at work and read through the entire review. Your photography is absolutely beautiful...and yes, you have convinced me to book the Carnival Breeze for our next cruise.

Oh boy, do I wish you could have taken our wedding pictures. I don't like them AT ALL :( Our photographer was a joke and thought he did such a great job.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I am convinced to try Carnival once again. Thanks so much...:D

Steven IS Steven! You are absolutely correct and I am most certainly OLD! I was having a "senior moment" when I wrote that! The mind is the first thing to go. :confused:

You are a beautiful, talented photographer. I say this not only about your post processing but also about your eye for the shot. Anyone having their photo taken by you would be lucky and I hope they all appreciate your skill.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it when people value me as an artist and can see the difference between my work and the common snap shot. :-) I hope to cruise with you one day!

I saw you just sailed on the Breeze which is how I found this thread. My husband, son and I will be on the Breeze for the Dec. 22 sailing. Although I have never sailed the Dream or have a sailing planned I got sucked into your review. Loved reading every word and looking at your gorgeous photos! Thank you so much for sharing with us. Hope you have a Breeze review planned *big smile*

I do have a Breeze review planned! It will probably be started in the next week or two! I am dying to start it now but have so many clients waiting on their photos that it would be irresponsible of me to delve into it now (since I have to edit the photos for the review). I am so glad you loved this review!! Stay tuned for the next one!!

I'm sitting here at work and read through the entire review. Your photography is absolutely beautiful...and yes, you have convinced me to book the Carnival Breeze for our next cruise.

Oh boy, do I wish you could have taken our wedding pictures. I don't like them AT ALL :( Our photographer was a joke and thought he did such a great job.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I am convinced to try Carnival once again. Thanks so much...:D

Convinced you to book the Breeze? Or the Dream? This review is about the Dream :-)

It makes me so sad when people don't love their wedding photos. I hear this nearly every day... and while it's flattering that people wish they'd used me, it makes me uber sad to hear that their once in a lifetime memories aren't what they hoped they would be. :-(

Convinced you to book the Breeze? Or the Dream? This review is about the Dream :-)

It makes me so sad when people don't love their wedding photos. I hear this nearly every day... and while it's flattering that people wish they'd used me, it makes me uber sad to hear that their once in a lifetime memories aren't what they hoped they would be. :-(

Sorry I meant to say the Dream.

Best. review. EVER!!! I quit at page 21 but only because it's 3:30 am.

Your pics are beautiful! And you seem to have made some lasting friendships with people you met on the cruise (I really want that to happen for me!). I'm on the Dream in April 2013, same itinerary. I have all my excursions booked but now you've made me want to change my Belize and Roatan plans!

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your review!

Best. review. EVER!!! I quit at page 21 but only because it's 3:30 am.

Your pics are beautiful! And you seem to have made some lasting friendships with people you met on the cruise (I really want that to happen for me!). I'm on the Dream in April 2013, same itinerary. I have all my excursions booked but now you've made me want to change my Belize and Roatan plans!

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your review!

Aww thanks! Nice to see this review is still living on! :-)

This trip was incredible and a large part of that was due to my experiences on the different islands. What are you planning to do now in Belize and Roatan? What do you have booked already?

Aww thanks! Nice to see this review is still living on! :-)

This trip was incredible and a large part of that was due to my experiences on the different islands. What are you planning to do now in Belize and Roatan? What do you have booked already?

It's my sister and I traveling together so I'm always afraid about going out on our own and like to book with really well-reviewed tour companies. I booked cave tubing with viv tours for Belize, and horseback riding with a ranch on Roatan.

What I'd like to do is get a private tour on Belize, be able to see the good and bad sides of it, and do a little souvenir shopping.

And on Roatan, I think I want to go down to West End/West Bay and see the beaches and shop at the little shops.

I really want to stay away from the tourist malls and get an authentic experience of both countries. I'm just on a tight budget.

It's my sister and I traveling together so I'm always afraid about going out on our own and like to book with really well-reviewed tour companies. I booked cave tubing with viv tours for Belize, and horseback riding with a ranch on Roatan.

What I'd like to do is get a private tour on Belize, be able to see the good and bad sides of it, and do a little souvenir shopping.

And on Roatan, I think I want to go down to West End/West Bay and see the beaches and shop at the little shops.

I really want to stay away from the tourist malls and get an authentic experience of both countries. I'm just on a tight budget.

VIV tours cave tubing in Belize is what I wanted to do originally and I think that is probably a pretty amazing experience!

I did cave tubing a few weeks ago. Good experience but the walk is a little challenging.

I'd recommend cavetubing.bz. Cheaper than Viv and includes lunch, plus no deposit. Great guides. They have the tubes with head rests and link you together just like Viv.

• 2 weeks later...

Italianfemmy,

I am only on page 8 but I am already greatly impressed with your photography and just as much with your descriptive, flowing writing skills. If you ever decide to complete you novel I would want to be first in line to purchase a copy for my personal library.

What has come through in your writing and the fact that you have taken so much of your time to write what is the best ship review I have ever read is what a good and kind heart you have. I hope my wife and I meet folks like you on our upcoming cruise on the Dream in just a few more days. For that matter I hope we meet folks like you at any time.

Thank you just doesn't seem sufficient to express my appreciation for your review. I'm so glad I found it. Now back to the continuing saga...

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Italianfemmy,

I am only on page 8 but I am already greatly impressed with your photography and just as much with your descriptive, flowing writing skills. If you ever decide to complete you novel I would want to be first in line to purchase a copy for my personal library.

What has come through in your writing and the fact that you have taken so much of your time to write what is the best ship review I have ever read is what a good and kind heart you have. I hope my wife and I meet folks like you on our upcoming cruise on the Dream in just a few more days. For that matter I hope we meet folks like you at any time.

Thank you just doesn't seem sufficient to express my appreciation for your review. I'm so glad I found it. Now back to the continuing saga...

Cheers!

Sorry I am just now seeing these posts! I do think about finishing the novel occasionally but am so fulfilled right now in this career with photography that I don't put as much thought into it as I would if I were doing something less fulfilling with my life.

How was your trip?