Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

All I can say is wow wow wow. I'll be on The Dream Nov.16th,2013 and found your review of the ship fantastic. Me and my partner are taking my mom and i'm surprising them both with The Chefs Table. Now I know I need to beat him into the room and grab envelope with the dinner info lol. Again, thank you for your review.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone and thank you for still reading this review! I got an email today from the people at Photobucket telling me that my bandwidth was exceeded again - it's hard to believe that there's still that many people looking at the photos in this review!

As to how I am doing and why I didn't finish my Breeze review - I've had a very rough year and a half since the cruise we took on the Breeze. My health saw several declines and it put me so far behind on work that I am still playing catch up to this day. I simply haven't had time to write anything else or post any more photos. I am a perfectionist and want to edit any photos I post.

Truthfully, I didn't take notes hardly at all on the Breeze cruise because my intent was to write it all out in a week when I returned home. Now, I've forgotten nearly every detail but I do still hope that one day, I'll at least be able to share the photos - I know that is what everyone most looked forward to seeing from me anyway. :-)

Thanks for still supporting this thread!! I just paid to upgrade to unlimited bandwidth again so people can continue to enjoy it.

Alicia, sorry to hear about your health issues in the past year. Hope that you have improved and are on your way to a speedy recovery. Or better yet, that you have recovered.

I know I speak for others in thanking you for your generosity in sharing all these photos. They truly were fantastic and were enjoyed by all.

Wishing you all the best!:)

Hi everyone and thank you for still reading this review! I got an email today from the people at Photobucket telling me that my bandwidth was exceeded again - it's hard to believe that there's still that many people looking at the photos in this review!

As to how I am doing and why I didn't finish my Breeze review - I've had a very rough year and a half since the cruise we took on the Breeze. My health saw several declines and it put me so far behind on work that I am still playing catch up to this day. I simply haven't had time to write anything else or post any more photos. I am a perfectionist and want to edit any photos I post.

Truthfully, I didn't take notes hardly at all on the Breeze cruise because my intent was to write it all out in a week when I returned home. Now, I've forgotten nearly every detail but I do still hope that one day, I'll at least be able to share the photos - I know that is what everyone most looked forward to seeing from me anyway. :-)

Thanks for still supporting this thread!! I just paid to upgrade to unlimited bandwidth again so people can continue to enjoy it.

Sorry to hear about you're health. The review was great. The photos wonderful & I enjoyed the comments too. I saw in you're review that you're self employed. I know first hand how hard it is to be sick when you own a business. There is no such thing as sick leave! Anyway, take care of yourself & thanks again the great review.

Thanks so much! We couldn't close down our doors during my health problems because we had clients that had signed contracts with us 12-18 months in advance for their weddings. So, while I fell behind on editing for clients, I still had to shoot which only piled on to the workload. I've finally gotten to a point where I can pause the new contracts for a while so that I have time to work on the backlog.

• 1 month later...

Hi great review! Cozumel is bitter sweet for me. The first time was Mr. Sancho's Beach where we got scammed for $140 by some woman posing as an agent for them on CC. We finally were let in out of the kindness of there heart. Had a great time there. Then the second time we went to Nachi Cocum where I was getting out of the pool and slipped going down the stairs and broke 4 ribs, so I had to sit for the remainder of our cruise (5 days) in pain inside of our cabin. We are going to give it another try in 16 days. I think I'll stay out of the pool this time.

Jim

Suntana, this is my first review out of all of my cruises. I've never really thought about doing one before. It was a review someone else did on here about the Dream that inspired me to do one. I'll probably always do one from this point on although this is quite time consuming. :-)

This review, being your first one you ever wrote, and the first one of yours that I have ever read, makes me definitely want to be sure and read your other one's. Your photography goes without saying, but your review is not like a lot of them. I really like that you didn't spend your time writing about traveling to the port, or pre cruise hotels, and going on and on about embarkation and your trip to the desk to sign in and all of that boring stuff.

Roatan is really peeking my interest because it's a lot like a very special place in my life. 45 years ago I sold everything I owned in Minnesota and moved to an Island off of the coast of Charleston South Carolina. The pictures of the shacks and the people riding on the back of the trucks, and the lifestyle of the locals were just exactly like that of those people on that Island. They eventually became my good friends and I could never ever forget them. One day I would love to get a place in Roatan for the winter months and live that lifestyle again.

We are going on the Dream on this same itinerary april 27th 2014. And we're going on a tour with Victor Bodden. I can't wait to see and experience some of that Island and pick the brains of the locals.

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

Jim

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm baaaaaack!! I just wanted to give everyone an update that my health has improved significantly and I am doing much better. I don't know that I will ever finish my review of the Breeze but maybe one day I'll at least post the photos since the majority of that cruise is now a blur to me.

We haven't cruised since then but today we booked a cruise --- on the other side... an RCCL cruise.. our first RCCL cruise since 2006 - on the Freedom of the Seas for Oct. 12th of this year. My bday is Oct 14th and I thought it would be nice to go on an entirely different kind of ship and must admit I am looking forward to the flow rider. :-D

I hope you're all doing well!!

Hi everyone! I'm baaaaaack!! I just wanted to give everyone an update that my health has improved significantly and I am doing much better. I don't know that I will ever finish my review of the Breeze but maybe one day I'll at least post the photos since the majority of that cruise is now a blur to me.

We haven't cruised since then but today we booked a cruise --- on the other side... an RCCL cruise.. our first RCCL cruise since 2006 - on the Freedom of the Seas for Oct. 12th of this year. My bday is Oct 14th and I thought it would be nice to go on an entirely different kind of ship and must admit I am looking forward to the flow rider. :-D

So happy to hear the news about your health. Nice for you to come back with an update.

Best wishes to you for continued good health and all the best to you for your future.

Thrilled to hear you are doing better!

I knew you were too good of a talent to be down for good!

Best wishes and continued success in life.......please stay in touch via the boards.

Don't think we will ever sail RCCL, too pricey for my tastes but to each his/her own.

Welcome back, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well! :) I loved Breeze and would happily look at your pictures.

Will you be doing a review of your RCCL cruise? If so, please let us know when you start. One day I would like to sail RCCL.

Heather

Hey Alicia! So glad to hear you're doing better! Hopefully you're all caught up with work and your business is still doing well. Funny you bumped this up. I actually went back and started re-reading this a few weeks ago since I picked out the Dream for a family cruise next year. I'd love to see your Breeze pictures if you ever have the chance to post them. If not I'll just be on the lookout for your FOS review! :)

I'm glad you are back and that your health has improved ! We would all like to see your picture when you have time to post them. We are also trying RCCL for the first time after getting a great deal on the Allure during the BOGoHO sale. Happy sailing and looking forward to another great review .

Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better. Come on over to New Orleans for a cruise & we might just join you. We now have the Dream here & are sailing on her again for Halloween. I'd really like to see your photos of New Orleans.

So happy to hear the news about your health. Nice for you to come back with an update.

Best wishes to you for continued good health and all the best to you for your future.

Thank you so much. I felt so bad that I disappeared without ever finishing my Breeze review. I actually got very sick while I was on the Breeze and spent more than 1/2 of my trip confined to my stateroom. I thought I'd caught a bug on the ship but it was actually a much bigger health problem that was giving phantom symptoms that were flu-like. And from that point onward things just got a lot worse.

Thrilled to hear you are doing better!

I knew you were too good of a talent to be down for good!

Best wishes and continued success in life.......please stay in touch via the boards.

Don't think we will ever sail RCCL, too pricey for my tastes but to each his/her own.

Haha... thanks!!

As for RCCL - this cruise is costing me much less than I spent on the Dream or the Breeze.

Freedom of the seas used to be $800-$900 for a week per person in an ocean view room. I got this one for $1,100 total for 2 people including taxes and port charges. We have 4 ports of call, $100 OBC as part of our special and it's 7 nights. Plus, I have a bottle of red wine and chocolate covered strawberries as free bonus gifts.

You know I would love to see your pictures if you get a chance.

I hope you have a fabulous time on the RCCL cruise!

We are branching out this fall too...we usually do Disney...and trying Princess in Sept.

Yeah maybe when I come back from the Freedom, I will look and pull out Breeze photos and at least post photos. :-)

Latanya has been dying to do a Disney cruise but I just don't see the value in a Disney cruise personally.... I am sure it's fun though....

Biggest pet peeve so far of my booking with RCCL is they do not allow you to bring any soda on board like Carnival does and I drink Dr. Pepper which of course they do not have. I can't stand the taste of Coke products so I really do not think it's right to not allow people their favorite drink if you don't even have all the options available for purchase..

Which Princess cruise are you going on? And what do you love about Disney cruises?

Welcome back, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well! :) I loved Breeze and would happily look at your pictures.

Will you be doing a review of your RCCL cruise? If so, please let us know when you start. One day I would like to sail RCCL.

Heather

Hi!! And thanks! I am honestly not sure if I will do a review. I don't want to commit to it and then disappoint people like I did with the Breeze. I put so much time into this review (Dream) that I felt like anything less wouldn't do it justice --- that's the perfectionist in me. So maybe if I can figure out a way to let go and compromise a bit then I will be able to find the time to do a review.

Latanya and I have decided to become foster parents and we're in the middle of getting licensed now so I have no idea how busy that is going to make us and how much time I will have between running the business and being an insta-parent. :-)

Hey Alicia! So glad to hear you're doing better! Hopefully you're all caught up with work and your business is still doing well. Funny you bumped this up. I actually went back and started re-reading this a few weeks ago since I picked out the Dream for a family cruise next year. I'd love to see your Breeze pictures if you ever have the chance to post them. If not I'll just be on the lookout for your FOS review! :)

Hi!!!! Oh how I miss reading your posts!!! One day, I want to read this review myself from start to finish - I've never went back and read anything I wrote.

I definitely will post here if I post reviews or any more photos so that people who have subscribed to this thread will be able to be on the lookout. Hehe.

When is your Dream cruise? Are you booking the Cloud 9 spa??