Excursion with ship or privet in Dominica?

spunke

We will be in Dominica next week and wanted to do an excursion to the water falls. Has anyone done a prover excursion with the cruise being involved? Or would anyone just recommend scheduling with the cruise shore excursion???

Any advice

There's a wealth of information on the Dominica Ports of Call board-- here's a link.

I haven't done a ship sponsored tour, we went with a private driver named Andy. Much more inexpensive, and you get personalized service. We did Titou Gorge (the water falls I assume you speak of), Wotten Waven Sulphur Spring, snorkeling at Scott's Head (skipped Champagne Reef-- everybody goes there, rocky shoreline). Andy had beverages available in a cooler whenever we wanted one and got us a great local lunch. Sorry, the tour was arranged by someone else on our roll call, so I don't have contact information (also don't think it's allowed to discuss here, but it's okay on the Dominica board). I mention all this to give you some idea of what a private tour can be like.

We did Bumping Tours as well. It was very good. Take an umbrella or poncho...it often rains intermittantly when you are in the mountains.

We usually do independent tours. We find them to be much better. And much less expensive.

We did a ships excursion (on RCI) when we were in Dominica and I wouldn't recommend it. The tour guides were not real informative about their island nor were they very out going. If I had to do it over again, I would book Levi at Bumpiing Tours - should have done it when we were there, but since my youngest was studying Indian Tribes, we booked the ships excursion that took us to meet Carib Indians then went tubing down one of the 365 rivers. We booked independent excursions for the rest of our cruise and were more than pleased with the level of professionalism we received and the tours were almost personalized to what we wanted to do - and much less expensive than the ships excursions.

we did the Celebrity Pools & Falls Excursion-- we had a great guide & it was definitely worth it... it was a long trip but still had time for a nice lunch in Roseau...

only neg was that they only drive through the Botanic garden with a quick stop but you can't get off to walk around... after driving through we could see that there was not much to it but would have preferred to stop there than at some of shopping stops..

We did Bumping Tours as well. It was very good. Take an umbrella or poncho...it often rains intermittantly when you are in the mountains.

We usually do independent tours. We find them to be much better. And much less expensive.

I agree wholeheartedly with the recommendation for Levi of Buumping Tours; great guy, beautiful island, best stop on our S. Caribbean cruise last yr.

In January 2010 we took a tour with a group right at dock. We paid $20/pp for a trip to Trafalgar falls, Sulphur springs and the Botanial gardens. There were probably 12 people on the tour. Our guide was a very friendly young man who gave a very informative tour. He was very concerned about safety and watched us closely on the hike to Trafalgar Falls. We will be in Dominica again in Feb. 2012 and will probably try for a tour at the dock again. I e-mailed Reyno Tours and haven't gotten an answer yet.

Archived