Aqua Class Pricing ---is it worth the $

Hlitner

I think there are a lot of people like us who book cabins primarily for location. We are not enamored with AQ cabin locations and will always book CC if the price is within reason. We book early because CC cabins go quickly and therefor rise in price. We quite enjoy the MDR especially now it is the only place that has Formal Night. (Our "date" nights:D) I think if you only cruise as a couple AQ is ok but we travel with friends and they usually book OV or reg balcony so we wouldn't be eating in Blu anyway.

• 1 month later...

We also lucked into getting 1610 on our first cruise and got it again some how for our next cruise so that helps! .

What do you like about 1610? We are booked in 1585, do you know anything about this cabin? Is there an overhang?

Thanks!

I think a big problem with Aqua class that Celebrity and the TA's do not promote it enough. We were on Eclipse berthed in Venice, and were having lunch near shuttle pick up landing stage. An American couple came and sat next to us, we got talking and found out theey were also on Eclipse, but they had no idea that Aqua Class and Blu existed, and were quite surprised!

Richard

Blu and Persian Gadens are why we will always sail AQ. I was very disappointed in the cabin service on our most recent cruise. We did not get a fruit basket, dirty glasses were not removed and we had to ask for towels to take off ship. We didnt even try to order breakfast on the balcony as we were on the go so much. We spent so little time in our cabin, I didn't bother to report this to Housekeeping (I did note the issues on the comment card and did not leave an extra tip). This was honestly the only negative in an otherwise wonderful cruise.

Sadly, as I noted in another thread, we had similar problems. Towels not replaced, being the main one. I did write it up, for what it's worth. The service in the MDR was nothing to write home about, either. Fresh forks were not brought, used forks were placed on the table by the waiter prior to the next course. Once, when I had requested a pasta dish as the "first plate" (as the Italians do), both the pasta and my main course arrived together and the waiter couldn't understand my concern. Also, we were treated to some of the loudest, brassiest women talking at the top of their lungs at nearby tables, certainly not X's fault, I know. So, if Blu provides a more elegant, refined experience, it might be worth a few dollars more, but only a few dollars. We'll probably never try it, as Concierge/Elite give us adequate perks at a reasonable cost.

When folks say AQ is not much more expensive than CC, I think they should indicate which CC category they are referring to. :)

Did I read correctly that there is not formal night in Blu? I was trying to find that info on the Celebruty site, but I have difficulty finding info there.

TIA, Peg

You are correct, Blu is now just like all the other specialty restaurants in that the evening dress code is smart casual. Only the main dining room requires formal wear.

Link below for this info. Scroll down to the Formal section.

Specialty Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code is Celebrity's Specialty Restaurant is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Formal attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings.

LINK

I think I would prefer to eat specialty venues in a regular balcony rather than AQ any day. My wide would tend to disagree. She spends about three hours a day in the Persian gardens. In fact you should have seen her face when I first told her about heated recliners! For some it's the small things.

I think I would prefer to eat specialty venues in a regular balcony rather than AQ any day. My wide would tend to disagree. She spends about three hours a day in the Persian gardens. In fact you should have seen her face when I first told her about heated recliners! For some it's the small things.

I thought same thing so in january we did 3 specialty... One of each...

I feel like we over ate all 3 nights....im happier in blu ...and wont feel so over stuffed

I think a big problem with Aqua class that Celebrity and the TA's do not promote it enough. We were on Eclipse berthed in Venice, and were having lunch near shuttle pick up landing stage. An American couple came and sat next to us, we got talking and found out theey were also on Eclipse, but they had no idea that Aqua Class and Blu existed, and were quite surprised!

Richard

I think that's true. I witnessed several people who asked if they could eat in the aqua spa cafe if they weren't in AQ!

Of course, many people cruise without even knowing the name of the cruseline!

I think that's true. I witnessed several people who asked if they could eat in the aqua spa cafe if they weren't in AQ!

Of course, many people cruise without even knowing the name of the cruseline!

That is true. Every once in awhile I will chat with someone on one of our beautiful beaches here in SWFL; and upon an inquiry as to the wonderful cruise they just completed as to the name of the line or ship, they will often respond that their wife takes care of that.

Hopefully, for your sake, your DW doesn't see your post :) :)

You have to be careful about window washing equipment in those cabins, however. The WW scaffolding can destroy your view if they park it outside your balcony. It was 4 rooms down from us, so it was not that big a deal.

Not everyone agrees, and some like that WW equipment and larger balcony that comes with it.

We just booked AQ2 for carribean in January 2013 and that was lower price than Concierge Class. We love Blu but even if we didnt and dined in MDR it would still have been better value to book AQ.

My wife reckons that the extra jets in the shower are price-less, I started to feel inferior.

• 3 months later...

We sailed the wonderful, beautiful Silhouette in March/April and enjoyed Aqua class and Blu tremendously! We love the MDR and just didn't know if we would like Blu. We now love Blu and AQ! We won't hesitate to book AQ again. As a matter of fact we just did :D. Panama Canal on the new "solsticized" Millennium. If you never have and are thinking about booking AQ, do it! You will love it!

When we originally booked our Med cruise we booked a SV class. There were two price drops before they opened up an AQ guarantee. We jumped to it as we ended up, again after two price drops, with a saving of $1211 per person moving to the AQ over what we originally booked. Even managed to move our room to a more desirable location on the ship. I'll let you know how we like the AQ experience when we get back.

Snow bunny

Archived