Which Hotel Would You Choose???

Lessum

Marriott Biscayne Bay with Breakfast Included

Hyatt Regency Miami

Doubletree

Hilton Miami Downtown

Courtyard Marriott with Breakfast Included

All are on my airline miles so price doesn't matter. The Intercontinental is also an option, but is about 15000 more miles than these options as well as the JW Marriott and JW Marriott Marquis so that is why I left them off the list.

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks

Ok...so I went on AA.comto book the Marriott Biscayne Bay and...the mileage requirements actually DROPPED! I can't get a price drop on my cruise, but this dropped...lol! So, now, I am debating the Intercontinental because of the location....

It is now between :

The Marriott Biscayne Bay - Breakfast Included

The Intercontinental - NO Breakfast

The Intercontinental is still about 15000 miles more than the Marriott...is it worth it??? We will only be there one night. We get into MIA about 1pm. Plan to go to hotel (probably via taxi) and go to the pool (maybe have some lunch), grab some dinner, will want to get some soda and wine for cruise. Not sure what else. Doubt we will do the "nightlife" thing. May go to Bayside to walk around/eat, but that would be it. It will be April so we figure it won't get dark too early.

So...between those two...what would you choose?????

Ok...so I went on AA.comto book the Marriott Biscayne Bay and...the mileage requirements actually DROPPED! I can't get a price drop on my cruise, but this dropped...lol! So, now, I am debating the Intercontinental because of the location....

It is now between :

The Marriott Biscayne Bay - Breakfast Included

The Intercontinental - NO Breakfast

The Intercontinental is still about 15000 miles more than the Marriott...is it worth it??? We will only be there one night. We get into MIA about 1pm. Plan to go to hotel (probably via taxi) and go to the pool (maybe have some lunch), grab some dinner, will want to get some soda and wine for cruise. Not sure what else. Doubt we will do the "nightlife" thing. May go to Bayside to walk around/eat, but that would be it. It will be April so we figure it won't get dark too early.

So...between those two...what would you choose?????

The Intercontinental suppose to be nice and is within walking distance to Bayside but the price you will pay for breakfast if you like to eat a big breakfast will probably pay for the taxi back to the Marriott at night if you walk to Bayside during daylight.

With your timeframe there, why waste the points. I like the Marriotts and usually stay at them with government rates.

Thanks! We booked The Marriott! Although we could have gotten a decent gov't rate I decided to save money since we had decided to fly instead of drive and use the American Airline miles - it was only 14,800 miles - compared to 30,000 Marriott points or something like 80,000 Delta Miles (that's crazy)!!! So, we are happy!!!

Thanks! We booked The Marriott! Although we could have gotten a decent gov't rate I decided to save money since we had decided to fly instead of drive and use the American Airline miles - it was only 14,800 miles - compared to 30,000 Marriott points or something like 80,000 Delta Miles (that's crazy)!!! So, we are happy!!!

Did you get the free breakfast with the AA points or government rate at Marriott Biscayne Bay? I am currently booked for precruise night at J.W. Marriott with a government rate and just saw that Marriott Biscayne Bay has the same rate. I like the idea of being on the bay overlooking the POM and if I can get free breakfast, thats even better. I don't see free breakfast on their website though. Wasn't sure if it was special for your stay or with AA.

We got the free breakfast package with our AA points. That hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott were the only 2 that offered free breakfast for the lowest point value on AA. I have TONS of AA miles so I didn't mind using some (have NEVER used any as I can never seem to get a flight and where we currently live AA doesn't fly out of our closest airport 5 minutes from home - would have to drive 1.5 hours to airport so we usually fly Delta or US Air). Some of the other offers from AA.com for hotels did offer free breakfast but for more points. It was surprising that the Marriott Biscayne Bay was one of the lowest points requirement hotels considering the excellent reviews it gets. Even the Holiday Inn was CONSIDERABLY more!!! When I first went to book it with AA.com it said 18,500 miles but when I actually did book it was 14,800...so that was nice! :) Like I said...can't get a price drop on the cruise so I will take this. Although I am not a huge breakfast eater and know we will eat lunch on the ship, it is nice to have the option to have something to eat. And DH will want to eat I know. And since it's included it's great!

We got the free breakfast package with our AA points. That hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott were the only 2 that offered free breakfast for the lowest point value on AA. I have TONS of AA miles so I didn't mind using some (have NEVER used any as I can never seem to get a flight and where we currently live AA doesn't fly out of our closest airport 5 minutes from home - would have to drive 1.5 hours to airport so we usually fly Delta or US Air). Some of the other offers from AA.com for hotels did offer free breakfast but for more points. It was surprising that the Marriott Biscayne Bay was one of the lowest points requirement hotels considering the excellent reviews it gets. Even the Holiday Inn was CONSIDERABLY more!!! When I first went to book it with AA.com it said 18,500 miles but when I actually did book it was 14,800...so that was nice! :) Like I said...can't get a price drop on the cruise so I will take this. Although I am not a huge breakfast eater and know we will eat lunch on the ship, it is nice to have the option to have something to eat. And DH will want to eat I know. And since it's included it's great!

A cup of coffee and a bagel will cost you in Miami so its another savings any way you look at it. Maybe I'll give them a call and see if its offered to others or maybe for a few bucks more. May be worth switching. Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

We booked the Marriott Bayside in 2009 on my hubby's Marriott points and wish we would have stayed there this past cruise. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good as was dinner. Try and request a bayside room on a higher floor so you can watch the ships leave/come in. My hubby requested one and our wish was granted. The rooms were recently remodeled and it was very comfortable. :)

Archived