Attire in MDR for 9 yr. old boy

nana of 3

I have got 2 polos and 1 dress shirt/tie for him for our cruise. We have one more night in the MDR, would it be ok for him to just wear a dressy striped t-shirt with khakis or do I need to find another polo? Thanks, for the info in advance :) Also, are longer shorts appropiate for him in the MDR?

I think a nine year old is old enough to follow the dress code, so that means shorts at dinner isn't really appropriate. Shorts for breakfast and lunch is OK in the MDR. But you really don't need to add another shirt. What you already have sounds just fine.

Kahki and shirt/tie or polo will be fine. Shorts will be stretching a bit and YMMV for a 9 year old.

I have got 2 polos and 1 dress shirt/tie for him for our cruise. We have one more night in the MDR, would it be ok for him to just wear a dressy striped t-shirt with khakis or do I need to find another polo? Thanks, for the info in advance :) Also, are longer shorts appropiate for him in the MDR?

If there are two formal nights, he can just wear the dress shirt/tie combo a second time.

I agree. With grandsons 9 & 11 last year, they each had one dress shirt and tie. The 11 year old loved wearing the tie so much he wore it almost every night (5 night cruise). I think it made him feel grown-up. Since he changed right after dinner, the shirt and tie weren't on that long any one night.

Unless they have a truly spectacular messy food spill, that's all they need.

Archived