how do they handle B2B in FLL?

m steve

We did not have to disembark during our back-to- back cruse in the Mediterranean in 2013. Is this process new?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It depends on the immigration requirements of the country your doing the B2B .

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

We did not have to disembark during our back-to- back cruse in the Mediterranean in 2013. Is this process new?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It is mostly only in U.S. ports though a few exceptions for other countries have been posted here. I seem to recall that Japan requires everyone to clear Immigration and to zero down the ship. I don't recall reading of any countries on a Mediterranean cruise that requires it.

We just completed a B2B on the Nieuw Amsterdam (11/8 to 11/23). We did not have to leave the ship at all. Everyone was told to meet in the SeaView Lounge at 8:30 am. We had our sea passes scanned "out". Once everyone was accounted for, we were able to get back to our cabins. We had a few people who they had to call for several times. My guess is that we waited about an hour in all. It was very comfortable; they had refreshments and pastries and it was all handled very nicely. I don't know if the number of people on the B2B has anything to do with if you stay on board to go to the terminal, but my guess is that we had about 300 people or so staying on.

We just completed a B2B on the Nieuw Amsterdam (11/8 to 11/23). We did not have to leave the ship at all. Everyone was told to meet in the SeaView Lounge at 8:30 am. We had our sea passes scanned "out". Once everyone was accounted for, we were able to get back to our cabins. We had a few people who they had to call for several times. My guess is that we waited about an hour in all. It was very comfortable; they had refreshments and pastries and it was all handled very nicely. I don't know if the number of people on the B2B has anything to do with if you stay on board to go to the terminal, but my guess is that we had about 300 people or so staying on.

It likely was because there was such a large group of you staying aboard. We have heard of them having CBP come aboard and check the Collector/b-to-b people to make it less crowded and overwhelmed in the terminal.

I know that the Nieuw Amsterdam people last weekend didn't have to do immigration because they had just done it the day before in Key West. I'm not sure if yours was a cruise that had immigration before FLL. The eastern NA cruise clears has San Juan and St. Thomas right before Half Moon Cay and FLL. I assume that you clear immigration in Puerto Rico. The next port, Charlotte Amalie is US as well. I don't know how they treat HMC, since it's part of the Bahamas, but privately owned.

You will have to do Immigration after being at HMC. If you came directly from San Juan or St. Thomas you 'probably' would not have to do Immigration again. CBP does have the right to repeat it again in FLL even if you've come from U.S. port but they usually opt to not.