New Year Start for September cruise...anyone?

jamona2311

Ok I have like 75 lbs to get to my goal weight of 140 by the time I sail on the Ecstacy September 20th. I will be using Nutrisystem to get me started, till I cant afford it anymore LOL I used this before and had a lot of success with it.

Im using January 1 as my start date cuz that seem as good a day as any.

If anyone would like to join me, maybe we can keep eachother motivated with posts and weekly weigh ins?????

Join anytime. Post or not. No rules. Just join me :D

Gena

I, too, am cruising in September! To Alaska! I've been on NutriSystem since August, not religiously, and have lost 15 pounds. I have a problem with self-control and when my husband is home, I can't diet! I am also quitting smoking as of Jan 1st. I don't want to spend my cruise looking for smoking sections. Our cruise buddies don't smoke and I don't want to interfere with fun getting all smelly. My goal is a size 12 by Sept. I am currently in a 16. It would be nice to have cruise pictures I actually like and am proud of. I think 25 pounds should do it. Good luck, and I'll check the board occasionally to see how you are doing.:)

Ha Im hoping to quit smoking too sometime this year. I figured Id get a good hold on the loosing weight thing and then try quitting. Kind of a new years resolution.

Speaking of new years resolutions any one have any?? I have a lot of little ones...

I will be doing wii zumba and Wii fit for exercise and maybe adding in some treadmill. Exercise has never been my strong point so I will need the most push there.

Does anyone have any exercise routines that they find fun and motivating??

Well Day 1 was a success! :D And I guess thats the best way to do this, one day at a time successes.

Good luck everyone!!!

Gena

I'll join; I don't have a lot of weight to lose, 10 pounds or so but I'd like to jump in here anyway. We have a cruise in about 6 weeks and a number of others later in the year. I'm kind of feeling meh from all of the holiday eating (and drinking!). LOL.

It is totally not fun but I'm on the treadmill every morning at about 3:30 for a 4 mile semi-jog and then shower/makeup/dress for a 6 a.m. train; I get home somewhere between 6 and 7 so it's a very long day and I won't excercise when I get home.

No big resolution here either other than to try not to hate work so much; I'm find once I get there but the commute is long and tiring.

I would love to join in. I am cruising in April so have 14 weeks to go so would love to lose 24lb eeeekkkk, sounds so awful when you say it out loud.

My name is Eileen , I am from London but now live half the year in Spain half in Ireland. Will be great to chat to you all and support each other, I am following the Slimming World diet as it suits me. Have a good day everyone. Will we all weigh in on the same day ?

Hi everyone!

10 lbs or 100 it doesnt matter. Im just glad youre here and that we have a support system. :D

Im thinking Monday as a weigh in date for me. Follow that if you like or whatever day works for you. I like mondays cuz I have my usual "get ready for work routine" that I can add my weigh in to. I

Good days so far. Even put in some good time with the wii fit.

CateW- WOW!!! good for you with the treadmill!!!! You have quite a day and getting that in is something to be very proud of. :D

How is everyone doing by the way?? I know its only been a few days but thats ok. :D

Ok 3 days in and havent stopped getting on the scales , what am I like, no change as yet. Have eaten loads of fruit and vegetables and no alcohol. Played petanca yesterday for 2 hours so lots of excercise. Hope I see some results after a week . Think I will weigh in on a Monday as well then , we could then post our weight loss , good or bad, and I will look forward to seeing how you are doing.

I think I will join too..:) I am cruising in May to Alaska, but I want to hit my goal weight by Christmas eve. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I am not on a diet plan though, just a new way of eating. I used to eat around 4000 calories a day and I have cut that in half and I also joined a gym, which is working out great...so far.

I have been looking for a support group and I would love to join this one!!

Firsttimer2012,

Hi there, do you mean you are cruising in 2013?

Hope your day has gone well, the weight should be dropping off as you have halved your calorie intake, well done you. Thing is to not get disheartened if you have a bad week just put it behind you and make good.

Eileen

Same to you Eye. Sounds like you've done a lot of good things for yourself this week. Remember that even if you don't loose for a week. You don't have far to your goal so it may take a bit to jumpstart the loss. ;)

Looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in. Good luck all! Ill probably post late like tonight. :D

Weigh in Day today.

1lb loss, not anywhere like I wanted/expected to lose , but its still a loss. I am positive I can achieve this weight loss by making small changes. I have even stuck to drinking fizzy water when we are out socializing with just one diet coke !!!Hopefully next week will show another loss . Please post your losses this week , good or bad , and keep positive thoughts x

Hello!

I'd definitely like to join. I turn 30 on Sept 1st and to celebrate, I'll be going on the Allure from Sept 2nd - 9th, so this is perfect timing to start working out!

I'd like to lose 60lbs by then; it seems daunting, but I know it can be done if I put my mind to it. I have a cruise coming up in 2 weeks and I'm actually planning out my gym schedule while I'm on board!

We can do it!

Eye, I had just a 2lb loss myself. I would think it would be more my first week so Im a bit dissapointed myself.

I didnt exercise as much as I would have liked and I know that is key especially after 40. So Im gonna try to improve on that this next week.

I am glad that I did do great with the eating part. :D

Virtopia, welcome! I know we have a long way to go but, you are right! We can do this. :D

How is everyone else doing??

2lb was a good loss and if you up your exercise you may be rewarded with a bigger loss next week. I have upped my exercise as well, well more like activities rather than exercise but I feel a lot better in myself and think I can see a difference . Keep up the good work and we will all be gorgeous.:)

Hello all! My sis and I will be cruising in Sept. & we started South Beach Diet (she started 1/2/12, I started 1/3/12). We will be celebrating this year's milestone birthdays for our cruise: she will be 21:rolleyes: and I will be 30:eek:!!! I will also be going on a cruise w/ DH in Nov. Glad to meet you all!!!

Hi! I'm Stephanie! I'm cruising September 6th with my hubby for our 3rd anniversary. I'm really hoping to be comfortable in a bathing suit again by then!

I actually am taking Alli to help out. I lost 40 lbs before our wedding using it, however I put it all plus some back on while I was pregnant with our baby girl. It's time for this mama to get her body back in shape!

I started 2 weeks ago at 201. I weighed in tonight at 195 so I'm feeling pretty good so far! I'd like to be somewhere between 150-160 by our cruise. Looking forward to working with all of you! :)

Hello, please count me in. I came back from a cruise at end of November and haven't got back on track yet! Fresh start now and aim is to loose 2lbs a week. My big downfall is chocolate. What do you think ladies, is it give it up completely or count it in as a treat? Our next cruise if some time off but the other 3 girls on the trip are in so much better shape so got to get a move on before the panic sets in.

You all sound very positive and as you've said we can help one another. Cathy

Hello, please count me in. I came back from a cruise at end of November and haven't got back on track yet! Fresh start now and aim is to loose 2lbs a week. My big downfall is chocolate. What do you think ladies, is it give it up completely or count it in as a treat? Our next cruise if some time off but the other 3 girls on the trip are in so much better shape so got to get a move on before the panic sets in.

You all sound very positive and as you've said we can help one another. Cathy

I'm a chocoholic, too! I like to get the fat free or low sugar Hunt's chocolate puddings. They are great in the freezer, too. Plus for an added treat i put a little fat free whipped cream on top! Also, smart ones have great single serve desserts out and they are pretty tasty. :)

I'm a chocoholic, too! I like to get the fat free or low sugar Hunt's chocolate puddings. They are great in the freezer, too. Plus for an added treat i put a little fat free whipped cream on top! Also, smart ones have great single serve desserts out and they are pretty tasty. :)

Thanks for the tips, I've not heard of Hunts will try to search them out. Have you heard of Paul McKenna, he is well known in the UK and he said if you imagine the foods you crave (but shouldn't have) covered in something revolting it stops you wanting it -LOL Hasn't worked for me but I live in hope.

Stephanie, does the Alli work??? I have heard good/bad re: using it. Did you change your diet/exercise plan?

It definitely works for me! You definitely have to watch what you eat though. I never have the 'bad side effects' as long as I stick to the guidelines . You have to stick to 20g or less fat per meal. If you eat something like a Big Mac then either don't take an Alli, or be prepared to face the consequences. If I do make a poor meal choice I often still take the pill, but usually that's on the weekend so I'm not very far from the facilities if you get my drift...

As far as exercising, I'll admit to being pretty terrible about having an actual exercise routine. However, I do feel like I'm pretty active. I have a baby girl who keeps me on my toes.

I do like their website also. Though I often end up adding my own foods and meals, they have some great recipes and suggestions. You can keep track of it all on their website. When you sign up they send you encouraging emails and you have a weekly check in with recommendations on how to approve.

i definitely would recommend alli, as long as you are willing to stick to a healthy diet. Hope this helps!

I know we all get discouraged when we weigh in and only see a 1 or 2 pound loss. I had a ww buddy tell me years ago a helpful hint. Imagine that package of 4 sticks of butter. That is 1 pound of fat!! Now take 2 of those sticks and attach to each side of your hips, that is the fat on you! Take those sticks off, and that is the 1 pound you lost!! I know 1 pound seems small when our scales say 181 or 251, but 2 sticks of butter on each hip lost in one week is almost a smaller jean size!!

btw, my smoking cessation is working! My hubby and I quit New Year's Eve, cold turkey, but we've bought about 4 packs of cigs between the two of us since. We share. I've been smoking from none a day to 2 or 3 a day! Baby steps, just like the sticks of butter.

Archived