SPLENDOUR Recent Cruises

hawkers

RCCL's main language on European cruises is English, although you will probably hear the important announcements made also in German, French, Spanish and Italian, depending upon the demographics of any given cruise.

The cruises Splendour is doing right now are pretty much immersion cruises aimed at the Brazilian and Argentine markets -- very few North Americans on these cruises.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

RCCL's main language on European cruises is English, although you will probably hear the important announcements made also in German, French, Spanish and Italian, depending upon the demographics of any given cruise.

The cruises Splendour is doing right now are pretty much immersion cruises aimed at the Brazilian and Argentine markets -- very few North Americans on these cruises.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Thankyou for the information. We are planning a 6 week tour of Europe in mid 2013 and hope to begin with a 7day cruise out of Venice. As it is the first trip from Australia for one couple I was hoping for English to be the main language on the ship. It seems to be more complicated on MSC and Costa ships. I was wondering about the demographics of such cruises. As it will be school holidays I was thinking there could be a number of European and English passengers.

regards Gail

Thankyou for the information. We are planning a 6 week tour of Europe in mid 2013 and hope to begin with a 7day cruise out of Venice. As it is the first trip from Australia for one couple I was hoping for English to be the main language on the ship. It seems to be more complicated on MSC and Costa ships. I was wondering about the demographics of such cruises. As it will be school holidays I was thinking there could be a number of European and English passengers.

regards Gail

Having sailed on a number of Med cruises during the summer I can confirm that most people onboard will be English speaking and a mix of British, Irish, American and Canadian. There will also be other Europeans who speak very good English (eg German, Dutch, Scandinavian), as well as people from many other countries. The Med cruises usually have a really good mix of nationalities which makes for really nice cruises. You will certainly have no problem with language. The announcements will always be in English but they only use another language as well if there's a very high number of one particular nationality onboard - eg Spanish from Malaga. Cruising from Venice is wonderful, we'll be doing it ourselves this year :)

If you can speak decent English, I don't think you will have any problem on an RCI cruise.

If you can't, then you may face problems.

On the brilliance(sailing out of Dubai), I noticed a fair number of passengers who could not speak english. They were mainly from Europe and even Russia.

One German chap was getting rather irritated with the Indian server taking orders at the egg station. The German kept saying "I speak no English" but what could the Indian server do? I am pretty sure he spoke no German.

Archived