Help Coordinating Hotel Room and Parking

fuzzywuzzy

Why are things so complicated? All I want to do is book a hotel room pre-cruise and post cruise and ensure that we can park our car for the duration at no charge or minimal charge.

Last time we cruised out of Ft. L. only two years ago, I could get a hotel through Priceline and we had complimentary parking. NOW I have to phone hotels to find out IF they provide parking and then I'm told I have to go through other websites, ie. easyparkfly.com or 123stay.com or somethingto book parking. I need to know that we can book the day prior and also the day of our arrival back which is 18 days later as we are staying 3 extra days in Rome after our cruise across the Atlantic.

If I book direct with hotel they charge up to $21.00 per day to park which is nonsense!! Help!! BTW, we are looking for a reasonable hotel near cruiseport of Ft. Lauderdale with shuttle to cruiseport. I have read so many websites, my eyes are crossing.

I'm not sure which hotels do this but I can tell you that you are least likely to get this on the beach, next least likely downtown or near the port. So look at airport area hotels. The airport area has Hampton Inns, LaQuinta, Fairfield, Homewood, Days Inn South, and Sleep Inn.

Check www.parksleepfly.com

Your parking requirement of 18 days is way out of the norm that most hotel packages are set up for - that's why you may need to do some extra homework, or just use cheap parking by the airport and stay where you want. ;)

I know many people go on 2 week cruises so this wouldn't be too far out of the norm and then we would be prepared to pay so much per day after that which amounts to 3 days.

Why are things so complicated? All I want to do is book a hotel room pre-cruise and post cruise and ensure that we can park our car for the duration at no charge or minimal charge.

Last time we cruised out of Ft. L. only two years ago, I could get a hotel through Priceline and we had complimentary parking. NOW I have to phone hotels to find out IF they provide parking and then I'm told I have to go through other websites, ie. easyparkfly.com or 123stay.com or somethingto book parking. I need to know that we can book the day prior and also the day of our arrival back which is 18 days later as we are staying 3 extra days in Rome after our cruise across the Atlantic.

If I book direct with hotel they charge up to $21.00 per day to park which is nonsense!! Help!! BTW, we are looking for a reasonable hotel near cruiseport of Ft. Lauderdale with shuttle to cruiseport. I have read so many websites, my eyes are crossing.

Check this thread:) It should help you and it is not complicated.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1533793&highlight=fairfield+inn

OMG....what a job. I finally found a perfect website for my needs. It's www.stay123.com.

I was able to plug in my dates of arrival, dates for car parking and pickup and reserve our room at the same time with options for FREE parking for long term. Yeaaaaaaaaaaa.

So my advice is.....do NOT go directly through the hotels OR the discount pricing websites such as expedia.ca, or hotwire, etc. as they do not give you the option of knowing the parking requirements and costs. You don't want to book first and then find out you have to pay an arm and a leg for parking.

Phew.....btw. I booked the Comfort Suites Cruiseport in Ft. Lauderdale. At this point in time, I don't care if it isn't 5 star as long as it's clean and decent. After all the pricing I've reviewed this had an awesome price and shuttles to and from hotel to cruiseport as well.

Archived