What would you do?

two4me

DH and myself are wanting to do Hawaii for our anniversary,(Sept).

I would like to take a cruise the end of March/April anywhere warm, out of florida

Would weather be good for Sept. Hawaii or do March/April (hawaii)

Would love to be able to do both this year but not in the budget.

Those who have done Hawaii either months, advise would be appreciated.

I have done the r/t LA-Hawaii cruise with Princess 4 times so far ...... in later January once, in mid March twice, and in later October once. I am going again this coming March on the Star Princess.

All 4 previous times the weather in Hawaii has been warm and summer-like, as in people wearing shorts or capri pants, and going to the beach.

DH and myself are wanting to do Hawaii for our anniversary,(Sept).

I would like to take a cruise the end of March/April anywhere warm, out of florida

Would weather be good for Sept. Hawaii or do March/April (hawaii)

Would love to be able to do both this year but not in the budget.

Those who have done Hawaii either months, advise would be appreciated.

Hawaii weather is always "good", shorts weather. So either times are good.

But, perhaps you can do both, if you pick up a cheap Caribbean cruise with an inside cabin?? I frequently can find sailing, less than $1000/total for two out of Florida.

From my experiences, the biggest difference you will find between March and September is how busy things are. March is always busy as everyone, from families with school aged kids to college students all taking spring vacations. September, when everyone is back in school, is much quieter.

Not sure if that is a deciding factor to you, but i personally love to vacation in September.

The weather will be very similar both times.

If you are talking about cruising, September will only have NCL doing 7 days local cruises until very very late September, when the first West Coast round trips will start. There will be West Coast round trips in March/April.

Thanks for the replies, yes we are open to going in sept. agree it is a quieter time to vacation, but the cruise line I would be going on does not do sept. (like the other person mentioned, thank goodness) it is a different cruise line so now my options are more limited.

Oh what to do, :)

Well if the only ship running in Hawaii is POA, it's not so bad... The ship wasn't bad. As every cruise line has, there are things I didn't like, but overall the cruise was a good one.

The thing with going on POA is that there is only a 1/2 Sea Day. 3/4 of the trip you are in port. When most people are waking up, the ship is already in port...

Granted, you have to fly to Honolulu and most people stay an extra day before and after to aid traveling and jet lag... And then most of the flights leaving Hawaii tend to be Red-eyes... But balance that out with 4 days at sea coming and going...

Those 4 sea days coming and going are a large part of why we do the round trip cruises on Princess. We arrive in Hawaii well rested, and arrive back on the West Coast well rested. We love the dea days part of cruising, and consider the ports to be the frosting on the cake.

Archived