Funship 2.0 (Liberty) Review w/Lots of Pictures

pyroguy

I am not even cruising on the Liberty, but I read through the entire link....outstanding review and beautiful pictures!

Great! Glad you enjoyed it. We loved the Liberty so much we booked it again (same stateroom) for this November.

Awesome! Really check out the digital-photography-school.com - they have a lot of great tutorials and articles.

I really appreciate all the "great pictures" kudos...but you all don't see that for every 1 great picture, theres 5-7 that don't make the cut. :eek:

Thank you for your terrific review. I have the same Nikon camera and Tamron lens that you do, so I really enjoyed your photos. I recently bought a W/B lens cap and that makes setting custom white balance a breeze. :)

We were on Liberty last September and loved it. We also have two more cruises on her booked this year. I hope to get some great photos too, and you are right about not every picture being a "keeper", but hopefully my winner to loser ratio is improving. ;)

Also, the photography school.com has a FB page. If you "Like" it they post tutorial articles frequently. https://www.facebook.com/digitalps?ref=ts&fref=ts&__req=j

Hi Pyroguy! Woo Hoo!! Great review and fab pics! Thanks so much for creating this review and then giving me the nice words on my review.

Now I want a better camera!:D Or maybe I should book a cruise that you and Taren are on and have you be my paparazzi. Hey, a girl can dream;)

Thank you for posting the digital photography website,it has a wealth of information:eek:. I'm a novice photography just got 'the bug' and received my 1st 'real' camera for Christmas. It's a bridge camera Fuji Finepix S3380. I love it takes wonderful pictures. I'm just learning how to use it...i'm still stuck on the "auto mode":).

Loving your review so far. Pictures are beautiful!

I have the Finepix 3200 and I love it as well! I'm no way near professional but I use it to take photos of my properties.

Thank you for posting the digital photography website,it has a wealth of information:eek:. I'm a novice photography just got 'the bug' and received my 1st 'real' camera for Christmas. It's a bridge camera Fuji Finepix S3380. I love it takes wonderful pictures. I'm just learning how to use it...i'm still stuck on the "auto mode":).

Loving your review so far. Pictures are beautiful!

You will love learning to use your camera. There is a ton of information available online. When you get comfortable getting out of Auto mode, you can open up your creative side with the other modes :) Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I may have already ask you this, but I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind on catching up on my emails.

I really enjoyed your pictures and review.

My friend and I are to be cruising the end of March, hopefully. I just got out of the hospital "again" for the 4th time in 2012, with major surgery this time. Hopefully it will take care of the situation.

We are cruising Princess, but I really prefer Carnival better, but that is OK this time. I just hope their beds are BETTER than what they have been in the past. I say Carnival has the BEST beds to sleep in, and their rooms are a "tad" larger than most other cruise lines, which I like.

So if you flew in to KCI/MCI, do you live close to Kansas City??? I live in Gladstone, Missouri and work close to the airport, I was just curious?:)

Brenda

Hello, I may have already ask you this, but I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind on catching up on my emails.

I really enjoyed your pictures and review.

My friend and I are to be cruising the end of March, hopefully. I just got out of the hospital "again" for the 4th time in 2012, with major surgery this time. Hopefully it will take care of the situation.

We are cruising Princess, but I really prefer Carnival better, but that is OK this time. I just hope their beds are BETTER than what they have been in the past. I say Carnival has the BEST beds to sleep in, and their rooms are a "tad" larger than most other cruise lines, which I like.

So if you flew in to KCI/MCI, do you live close to Kansas City??? I live in Gladstone, Missouri and work close to the airport, I was just curious?:)

Brenda

We live in Topeka.

We really didn’t have any plans for Grand Turk except going to Jack’s Shack. Sheila and Joe had rented a golf cart and so they invited us with them. Sounded like fun, so we tagged along with them for the day.

...Riding in the golf cart...

DSC_3539.JPG

We finally found the lighthouse at the north end of the island.

...Lighthouse (HDR)...

DSC_3563_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

...Another one of the Lighthouse (HDR)...

DSC_3567_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

...Taren looking out over the water...

DSC_3570.JPG

...Cactus on the Beach...

DSC_3574.JPG

There was a stray puppy there at the lighthouse and it was clearly hungry and thirsty. Joe and Sheila share some water with him.

DSC_3578.JPG

I LOVE the bag she has on when she is looking out at the water...where is it from?

Should have thrown a bucket of water over the smokers . . . and told them that you were burnt from their ash . . let them go up to the smokers's area on top decks.

Smoking is allowed on the balcony...This is a designated smoking area per Carnivals rules

HA! I just realized you will be on the Liberty a week before us. We loved her so much we decided to go again!

NICE!!! We went on her for our first cruise and thats what got us addicted to cruising! Looking forward to being on her again but with the 2.0 upgrades!

We got up early and had ordered room service the night before. I love Carnival’s room service. I ordered the smoked salmon, toasted bagel w/cream cheese and an orange juice every morning. Taren always had a crescent roll and coffee.

...smoked salmon breakfast...

DSC_3461.JPG

You can get the salmon in the MDR also, which I did once. Most mornings, though we just had room service. We didn’t eat at Emilies all week with the exception of the chocolate bar on the last sea day and maybe a light snack here and there.

YUM I always get this on the cruise whenwe order room service! thanks for posting all those pictures! they were great.

Would you mind if I borrow your panoramic shot of HMC? you should put your name on all of them to get the credit

I LOVE your pictures thanks for sharing, I just finished this review. Now reading your other two reviews, you have amazing photographic skills.

Thanks!

I'm actually going on the Liberty again this November. My challenge will be to do another review - but this time to get images of things and from a perspective that's unusual and interesting.

Thanks!

I'm actually going on the Liberty again this November. My challenge will be to do another review - but this time to get images of things and from a perspective that's unusual and interesting.

What exactly do you mean by unusual? If you don't mind me asking.

What exactly do you mean by unusual? If you don't mind me asking.

Well, that's part of the challenge. When I read reviews or look at pictures, I see the same things over and over again. Maybe "unique" would be a better word for it.

Since I love photography and I love cruising, I want to bring something more unique to the next review, so I'm giving myself this challenge. ;)