Mexico in February - tell me how to dress, PLEASE!

summer_girl

Leaving out of New Orleans next month (February) and heading to Progreso and Cozumel...5 night cruise. Will I be able to lay out on the lido deck in swim wear on "sea days" or is it too cold?? I have only cruised in the heat of summer... I just want to pack the right stuff!

Any advice is appreciated!! :)

Unless there is a far-reaching cold front from Canada, you should be fine in shorts/tees and sunning will definitely be a "go". Do use sunscreen....even if it's not hot, the sun is MUCH stronger (and closer to earth, in the winter!!!!) than you are used to in MO!!!

You should bring a little something to layer, just in case it's cool at night or whatever....but you probably won't need it.

It might be cool the first day out of New Orleans (depending on weather), and sailing back but you should able to enjoy the pool deck. The farther south you go the warmer it will get.

It's always bee 75-95 in Mexico for us on winter cruises. I suppose you can always get unlucky and hit a cold spell, but it's very unusual.

Do bring a light jacket or sweater for nights on board; even the public rooms can be cool at times as well as the outside decks.

Have you ever seen it too cold for summer clothes in Cozumel? :confused:

We've been there plenty enough times to know it is always summer weather..... barring a hurricane which won't happen in February. Even with a hurricane it is tropical and warm.

We've been there plenty enough times to know it is always summer weather..... barring a hurricane which won't happen in February. Even with a hurricane it is tropical and warm.

I have been in Cozumel in late January when it was very cold. The year was 2010. The sky was grey, the weather stormy and the winds biting cold. The rain was so strong, sometimes it blew almost sideways. The water was so rough, the ship rocked and shook all day beside the dock. The locals were bundled up in whatever they could find.

I had to experience this first hand to believe it because I have never been anything but hot in Cozumel any other time. I had not packed for this weather, so I was miserable all day.

This may have been a very rare event, but it might be smart to have a light jacket at least for a February cruise to Cozumel, just in case.

It's always been warm for us in Cozumel in perhaps 5 times there--I think the coolest was about 72.

But, see the above post; you can always hit an unluckily cool day almost anywhere. Bring a jacket and capris or longer pants, just in case. (I wear that for flying, anyway.)

Archived