Cruise insurance help, please :)

I'm going to be booking a couple of cruises that are not very soon...so I'd like to buy insurance just in case.

Is there any insurance out there that actually has a true "cancel for any reason" policy?

I just don't want to make a bunch of deposits that I can't get back just in case. :)

Thanks in advance! :)

How far off are the cruises? Are you booking them Early Saver?

If its just the deposit you are worrying about you can always get that back 60-90 days before your cruise, depending on cruise destination and length.

November 2012 on the Breeze & May 2013 on the NCL Breakaway

Not sure how I'm going to book...probably with whatever is safer. :)

November 2012 on the Breeze & May 2013 on the NCL Breakaway

Not sure how I'm going to book...probably with whatever is safer. :)

NCL doesn't have an Early Saver program so the deposit would be refundable up to final payment date. If you book non-Early Saver then the Breeze would be the same way. That being said if you wait that long to buy the insurance you wouldn't have a pre-existing condition waiver (unless you bought a policy that allowed you the option of purchasing that extra).

NCL doesn't have an Early Saver program so the deposit would be refundable up to final payment date. If you book non-Early Saver then the Breeze would be the same way. That being said if you wait that long to buy the insurance you wouldn't have a pre-existing condition waiver (unless you bought a policy that allowed you the option of purchasing that extra).

I hope this isn't a stupid question...but what would happen to the money if I made payments before final payment? Would I get all that back too?

I hope this isn't a stupid question...but what would happen to the money if I made payments before final payment? Would I get all that back too?

I would think so, but you can verify this with customer service when you book.

Does anyone on here know the answer? :)

If your deposit is fully refundable than any money that you pay toward the cruise would be refunable also. The only thing keeping me from being 100% certain is I don't know what the specific terms and conditions will be for when you book.

Archived