"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 7, 2012

Radio

Since you mention that you hang out at the Viking Crown Lounge did you happen to notice if "David" is still bartending there?

Janet

When we were on in December Tisha was bartending she had just gotten back from vacation.

By any chance would you know if the same director of activities John and his wife are still there? We know them for many years as long as when we first started sailing and met them on Song of America. Thanks Gwen for the info.

Janet

The Blairs were on Holiday and Mitch was the CD, he is really good and hope he gets a ship sometime soon.

Darn I'm sorry to hear that John and his wife aren't directing anymore. I guess I'll be meeting more new people on the Enchantment. Thanks for keeping us informed.

The Blairs are on holiday and are supposed to be back.

On our sailing the bags were out plenty of times, I didn't think it was that bad but some folks did have problems.

When we were on in December Tisha was bartending she had just gotten back from vacation.

The Blairs were on Holiday and Mitch was the CD, he is really good and hope he gets a ship sometime soon.

The Blairs are on holiday and are supposed to be back.

On our sailing the bags were out plenty of times, I didn't think it was that bad but some folks did have problems.

Thanks for the updates.

Janet:)

Hello everyone. . .Good Morning. Welcome to DAY 6 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas.

UPDATE: From Enchantment of the Seas. . . When I made my post last night from the Viking Crown Lounge, I went down to Deck 9 (Pool Deck) to walk up to the FWD elevators. . . The skies were clear, there was no rain and it was very warm. Hmmm. . .Imagine that. . .One hour prior there was very heavy rains, with 45kt winds. As I suggested, the Officers were not concerned with the heavy winds and rain (and I questioned that. . .shame on me). . .The storm we encountered was just temporary, and we would be passing through quickly.

Where are we now? Let me check a few things. . .OK, we are heading southeast toward Nassau, New Providence Island in the Bahamas at about 19kts. The shipping channel require that we head north up past Nassau, and then back down. We are scheduled to pick up the pilot at 10AM.

I predict we should enter Nassau earlier than scheduled, It seems that we were traveling very fast last night to (possibly) escape the high winds of the storm. We’ll see. The sun should be rising soon, and by then we should be aware of our updated time of arrival.

I will post pics of our arrival in Nassau when we dock, but here is our current location.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Our current position

MAP011212AM.JPG

Enjoying your posts Radio. Am always up by 5 a.m. to make sure my teens dont oversleep for school.:) Today I was up extra early because the school called at 4:50 a.m. to cancel for the day due to snow! Makes looking at your pics more enjoyable! Also had a chance to check out your website...love all the info! Hoping some day I will have the time and resources to cruise as much as you do.:) Look forward to more "live" reports.

Gello Radio

There is a starbuck right across the street from HArd Rock Cafe. It on one of the side street off main Street. It connect with Subway. Just ask anyone for Hard Rock Cafe and it directly in front of it. I was there in that spot in December 2011.

pj

Gello Radio

There is a starbuck right across the street from HArd Rock Cafe. It on one of the side street off main Street. It connect with Subway. Just ask anyone for Hard Rock Cafe and it directly in front of it. I was there in that spot in December 2011.

pj

The side street is Charlotte St

As soon as you go thru the tourist building at the pier,you walk out to Woodes Rogers Walke(outside the gated area)......go to the right to Charlotte St....turn left and you will see it on your right........also a few locations at Atlantis,if you wind up over there...

Hello Radio,

I have been following you on this trip as usual, and once again it is a great trip.

We were on the last trip with you, but never met.

I love the pictures from Hemmingway's home. I really enjoyed it when we were there and Key West in general is one of my favorite stops.

I saw that someone mentioned Tisha, one of the bartenders, she is so much fun and just a sweet person. If you ever see her tell her Bud and Patti said HI !!

Our favorite waiters are also on this ship Albert 1 and Albert 2. They normally work together, but may be at separate tables.

As always, enjoy your postings, keep up the good work.

Radio, have fun in Nassau today--The British Colonial Hilton is a great place to hang out for the day--the pool bar has pretty good food and drinks. I've spent many days there via the Majesty. I also believe there are a few Starbucks in the immediate area...check them out!

Thanks,Staci. . .I have been To BCH many tomes. . .and you are right. It is very relaxing there. . .much more quiet than Atlantis. . . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks,Staci. . .I have been To BCH many tomes. . .and you are right. It is very relaxing there. . .much more quiet than Atlantis. . . .

Radio

;);)

Oh, good, then you're already aware. There's also a GREAT chinese restaurant right on your way, if you're ever interested. Double Dragon on Charlotte St, around the port area.

Have a great time and enjoy the rest of your cruise. Thanks for everything you do to share your cruises with us.

Archived