Outside viewing area above the Bridge of the ship...???

2Canucks

I think it depends on the ship. I know that Star and Sapphire have stair access from Lido deck

but have also read that other ships have access through one of the passageways. Also, I

think (JMHO) that access is restricted when the ship is at cruising speed.

Your next cruise in on Emerald Princess.

Check out the deck plan in Deck 16 on the link below. Take the outside walk to in front of Aerobics and you go up a few stairs to the deck above the bridge. The deck above the bridge does not show on the deck plan.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ep/deck_plans/index.html

That's not quite right.... on the Emerald/Ruby/Crown/Caribbean Princesses, the bridge wings are accessible through doors forward on Lido deck (deck 15). On all the other Grand-class vessels, the bridge wings are accessible by going forward outside on Sun deck (deck 15).

That's not quite right.... on the Emerald/Ruby/Crown/Caribbean Princesses, the bridge wings are accessible through doors forward on Lido deck (deck 15). On all the other Grand-class vessels, the bridge wings are accessible by going forward outside on Sun deck (deck 15).

You are correct......I forgot to account for the extra deck on Emerald/Ruby/Crown/Caribbean Princesses which puts the Sun Deck one deck higher......;)

Edited by JLC@SD

• 5 years later...

Good reply. The same is true on the Panamax ships for viewing the approach to the Panama Canal. We are looking forward to being on the Caribbean Princess for the new locks partial transit.

On the Emerald Princess, the area above the bridge has been closed off to passengers for years.

I asked if it could be open, and was told by the PSD that is was closed forever, because

some passengers had fooled with some electronics there.