Seavis tours

lnrc

We are booked with them for Dec 25 what a special Christmas present to be on a beach instead of snow.

We will be on the Breeze in port from 9-4.

I am a worry wart about time, did you find it was cutting it short to get back on time. They mention they return by 3:15.

When I mentioned to our Emile our worries about time...he said that the owners, who also came with us, were adament that we get back in time!!!

They were very careful and our group really appreciated it! :)

Wow....Gail, what beautiful pictures! So glad you (and Cole!) had such a good time on this cruise:) Your word means more than all the literature I could read :D

Thank you Ginny! I hope you decide to take the tour!

We also took this tour on July 17th. My husband and I both enjoyed it. The boat ride was fun and we saw some of the most beautiful water and beaches on the ride. The beach we stopped at was pretty and there were plenty of chairs and shade to go around. We snorkeled some around the pier but found the water was a little cloudy compared to some other places we have snorkeled. Not sure if that is usual, but is what we experienced that day. We still saw some fish and crabs , and the snorkel gear was supplied free of charge. The lunch was good and the tables were shaded. The boat ride back was also enjoyable and we also enjoyed seeing and handling the starfish at the sandbar. Our guide, Carol, was very knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife and marine life. Our kids did not come with us on this cruise, but we hope to return to this port in the future and bring them with us on this tour. We were back to the ship in plenty of time and no trouble finding the taxi's when we got off the ship in the morning. It was a beautiful day and I would recommned this tour company.

Hi Everyone who was on the July 17th tour. We were either in boat #1 or #2 with Carol as our guide. Anyone having any nervousness about booking a tour not thru Carnival and booking with Seavis please put those worries aside and sign up for this tour. Carol or guide and Francis (a young man) who was a the guide on one of the other boats were the best guides we've ever had on any excursion from our previous 7 Carnival cruises. Although Seavis is not affliated with the cruise ship, Carnival is dropping the ball in this case not teaming up with this Seavis tour company to sponsor one of there tours. As previously mentioned by multiples posters this tour is incredible, from the boat ride itself, the lunch provided on Saona island, to the sandbar where the starfish beds are located, I cannot think of even a hint of a negative comment to pass along about this tour. As I mentioned please put aside any fears you may have about missing the ship and sign up for this wonderful excursion.

Hi Everyone who was on the July 17th tour. We were either in boat #1 or #2 with Carol as our guide. Anyone having any nervousness about booking a tour not thru Carnival and booking with Seavis please put those worries aside and sign up for this tour. Carol or guide and Francis (a young man) who was a the guide on one of the other boats were the best guides we've ever had on any excursion from our previous 7 Carnival cruises. Although Seavis is not affliated with the cruise ship, Carnival is dropping the ball in this case not teaming up with this Seavis tour company to sponsor one of there tours. As previously mentioned by multiples posters this tour is incredible, from the boat ride itself, the lunch provided on Saona island, to the sandbar where the starfish beds are located, I cannot think of even a hint of a negative comment to pass along about this tour. As I mentioned please put aside any fears you may have about missing the ship and sign up for this wonderful excursion.

As I said before, I loved this tour.......but they did take us back to the ship..........:( LOL! I guess all good things have to come to an end!

We can't wait to go back to the DR!

I can't begin to tell you all what a FANTASTIC tour this was! We had an absolute GREAT time! Kirsten, her Dad and ALL the guides made sure we were safe, happy and that they delivered on everything promised! I can't say enough....my family and I are STILL talking about this!

Getting off the ship was somewhat confusing....if you book through Seavis, make sure you keep walking to the LEFT past the buses and OUT of the port compound....there is a booth right next to the gate where the taxis are waiting. There, you will be innundated with offers for taxis. Look for the Taxi del Campo reps...if you don't see a sign, just ask they have a list of ALL the booked Seavis passengers and get you right over to a waiting taxi.

OK....the "official" review.... :)

After making our way to the Taxi area, a very nice taxi rep named Bernice got us to a cab. Tony was our driver and he was a very polite, nice man. I'll just say, that driving in the DR gives "Mr Toads Wild Ride" a new definition! :) Tony our driver was great, but the roads are 1 lane each way, and it's a custom to pass...ANYWHERE at ANY TIME! BUT...we felt very safe with Tony....he took no chances.

We got to the tour compound at Bayahibe, and we just had to make sure that we told him it was the Isla Saona tour with Seavis.....brought us right to the spot. We were greeted by a Seavis Rep who directed us to the booth where we paid our fare, met Ingrid, got our bracelets, and directed to our guide. Our guide for the day was "Luis with the Red hat" :) That's how they directed us to him. BUT before we got to him, we were introduced to two of the attractions there....the snake and the spider...I thought I would DIE! The spider was crawling on one guests and people were snapping photos....nice for them. I wanted no part of it! :) My older son thought it was a hoot to come up behind me and do "crawly" finger actions on my back....we love our kids!

When we got to the boat, Luis directed us to his, but the FIRST thing he asked was "does anyone have back problems". I immediately raised my hand as this was a huge concern as I have a chronic issue with my lower back. He said "you get a seat in the back". He then said "the more adventursome up front". ;) That's where my sons went of course. Ah youth! My wife and I were just about the last ones on so we had seats all the way in the back. They helped me on...nothing like FEELING and LOOKING like a new 50 year old!.....and helped me off. I can't tell you how courteous they all were. When the tour was over, Luis specifically asked me if I was OK, and how my back tollerated it.....as I had my brace on.

Let me tell anyone that has concerns.....I am SO glad I did this tour! I was quite nervous but Kirsten early on had commented on guests in the past with back issues, and that they try to pay special attention to these passengers. Let me add, that if you can, get one of the boats with the canopy...if you have to stand to "absorb" any bumps with your legs...as my doctor advised...the canopy makes it easier to hang onto. Also, if you have a spuoort brace, wear that too....it definately helped.

Along the way to Isla Saona we stopped and admired the natural cave system, and the Mangroves. All the while, Luis giving us the history on what we were looking at. Spectacular scenery. Great commentary!

Adter a 25 minute or so ride we arrived at Isla Saona where everyone got off to a soft sand beach, and beautiful warm clear water. Luis told us where everything was, what time the lunch would be served, and what time we would be leaving. There was bottomless rum, beer, soda and water. And guys....when you are poured a beverage, leave a tip or two for these folks...they truly go above and beyond.

We had a great afternoon. The food was delicious, chicken, ribs, beans & rice, pasta salad, all fresh and hot. The beach was beautiful....we were there with 2 other boats from this tour, as well as several other tours not from the ship. The island is a protected sanctuary so be aware of your paper/plastic and pick it up! The plastic cups blow into the water very easily. Can't tell you how many I fished out and threw in the trash.

When it was time to go, we got into the boats and off we went on our ride back to Bayahibe. The driver "Alli" I believe.... really pumped up the speed and it was a LOT of fun. I though 'here we go with paralysis'...nope....didn't feel a thing and there were some good bumps. We had a race with Kirsten's boat and I think we won! :) And when we got back to our drop off point, my cap blew off. Alli saw this and turned the boat around and fished it out for me.....it's a Yankees baseball cap that I have had since my sons were little. It's now my official "lucky" cap!

We said our good-byes. And tipped these wonderful men accordingly...don't be stingy...they go above and beyond! I introduced myself to Kirsten and thanked her. Met her Dad and thanked him. Fabulous team!

On the way back to our taxi, were aproached by some locals who wanted to sell us cigars which we politely declinded. Just be polite and firm if you don't want them. There was a young man who spoke hardly any Enlgish who had a large bottle of water to wash your feet. If you don't want this 'service' don't stop and take your sandles off. If you do get your feet washed, all he wants is a dollar. Don't stiff him. My wife got separated from us and got her feet washed and she didn't have a dollar on her....which was no lie. So I went and found the young man and gave it to him. It's only a buck. Goes along way there.

We got back to the port in PLENTY of time with not a worry. We sat and had a beer before going back on board to talk about the day.

In closing, Do NOT hesitate to take this tour. Seavis is a TOP NOTCH operation! I can't say enough. I will talk them up on the Carnival board too!

If you have a specific question, just ask otherwise go and experience this for yourself. You won't regret it!

Thank you Kirsten! And thank you to your Dad and all the staff!

All the best....Matt

I can't begin to tell you all what a FANTASTIC tour this was! We had an absolute GREAT time! Kirsten, her Dad and ALL the guides made sure we were safe, happy and that they delivered on everything promised! I can't say enough....my family and I are STILL talking about this!

Getting off the ship was somewhat confusing....if you book through Seavis, make sure you keep walking to the LEFT past the buses and OUT of the port compound....there is a booth right next to the gate where the taxis are waiting. There, you will be innundated with offers for taxis. Look for the Taxi del Campo reps...if you don't see a sign, just ask they have a list of ALL the booked Seavis passengers and get you right over to a waiting taxi.

OK....the "official" review.... :)

After making our way to the Taxi area, a very nice taxi rep named Bernice got us to a cab. Tony was our driver and he was a very polite, nice man. I'll just say, that driving in the DR gives "Mr Toads Wild Ride" a new definition! :) Tony our driver was great, but the roads are 1 lane each way, and it's a custom to pass...ANYWHERE at ANY TIME! BUT...we felt very safe with Tony....he took no chances.

We got to the tour compound at Bayahibe, and we just had to make sure that we told him it was the Isla Saona tour with Seavis.....brought us right to the spot. We were greeted by a Seavis Rep who directed us to the booth where we paid our fare, met Ingrid, got our bracelets, and directed to our guide. Our guide for the day was "Luis with the Red hat" :) That's how they directed us to him. BUT before we got to him, we were introduced to two of the attractions there....the snake and the spider...I thought I would DIE! The spider was crawling on one guests and people were snapping photos....nice for them. I wanted no part of it! :) My older son thought it was a hoot to come up behind me and do "crawly" finger actions on my back....we love our kids!

When we got to the boat, Luis directed us to his, but the FIRST thing he asked was "does anyone have back problems". I immediately raised my hand as this was a huge concern as I have a chronic issue with my lower back. He said "you get a seat in the back". He then said "the more adventursome up front". ;) That's where my sons went of course. Ah youth! My wife and I were just about the last ones on so we had seats all the way in the back. They helped me on...nothing like FEELING and LOOKING like a new 50 year old!.....and helped me off. I can't tell you how courteous they all were. When the tour was over, Luis specifically asked me if I was OK, and how my back tollerated it.....as I had my brace on.

Let me tell anyone that has concerns.....I am SO glad I did this tour! I was quite nervous but Kirsten early on had commented on guests in the past with back issues, and that they try to pay special attention to these passengers. Let me add, that if you can, get one of the boats with the canopy...if you have to stand to "absorb" any bumps with your legs...as my doctor advised...the canopy makes it easier to hang onto. Also, if you have a spuoort brace, wear that too....it definately helped.

Along the way to Isla Saona we stopped and admired the natural cave system, and the Mangroves. All the while, Luis giving us the history on what we were looking at. Spectacular scenery. Great commentary!

Adter a 25 minute or so ride we arrived at Isla Saona where everyone got off to a soft sand beach, and beautiful warm clear water. Luis told us where everything was, what time the lunch would be served, and what time we would be leaving. There was bottomless rum, beer, soda and water. And guys....when you are poured a beverage, leave a tip or two for these folks...they truly go above and beyond.

We had a great afternoon. The food was delicious, chicken, ribs, beans & rice, pasta salad, all fresh and hot. The beach was beautiful....we were there with 2 other boats from this tour, as well as several other tours not from the ship. The island is a protected sanctuary so be aware of your paper/plastic and pick it up! The plastic cups blow into the water very easily. Can't tell you how many I fished out and threw in the trash.

When it was time to go, we got into the boats and off we went on our ride back to Bayahibe. The driver "Alli" I believe.... really pumped up the speed and it was a LOT of fun. I though 'here we go with paralysis'...nope....didn't feel a thing and there were some good bumps. We had a race with Kirsten's boat and I think we won! :) And when we got back to our drop off point, my cap blew off. Alli saw this and turned the boat around and fished it out for me.....it's a Yankees baseball cap that I have had since my sons were little. It's now my official "lucky" cap!

We said our good-byes. And tipped these wonderful men accordingly...don't be stingy...they go above and beyond! I introduced myself to Kirsten and thanked her. Met her Dad and thanked him. Fabulous team!

On the way back to our taxi, were aproached by some locals who wanted to sell us cigars which we politely declinded. Just be polite and firm if you don't want them. There was a young man who spoke hardly any Enlgish who had a large bottle of water to wash your feet. If you don't want this 'service' don't stop and take your sandles off. If you do get your feet washed, all he wants is a dollar. Don't stiff him. My wife got separated from us and got her feet washed and she didn't have a dollar on her....which was no lie. So I went and found the young man and gave it to him. It's only a buck. Goes along way there.

We got back to the port in PLENTY of time with not a worry. We sat and had a beer before going back on board to talk about the day.

In closing, Do NOT hesitate to take this tour. Seavis is a TOP NOTCH operation! I can't say enough. I will talk them up on the Carnival board too!

If you have a specific question, just ask otherwise go and experience this for yourself. You won't regret it!

Thank you Kirsten! And thank you to your Dad and all the staff!

All the best....Matt

Did you snorkle at the island or go see the star fish??

There is snorkeling with a guide right where you get off the boat, and the sandbar with the starfish (Natural Pool) is really neat.

We were in a different spot for lunch than that pictured above (titled our amazing lunch) and the buffet was much larger. But we too were amazed at how good the lunch was and the variety of options.

Definitely one of our favorite excursions- great crew and excellent itinerary!

Hi...yes...on the way back we stopped to snorkel/lounge in the beautiful water. We saw a few starfish and my son even found a sea cucumber. Kirsten enlightened all about the natural wonders we were seeing. we had quite a nice "visit" at the snorkel spot. Yet another kudo to the Seavis team!

Matt

We are booked with them for Dec 25 what a special Christmas present to be on a beach instead of snow.

We will be on the Breeze in port from 9-4.

I am a worry wart about time, did you find it was cutting it short to get back on time. They mention they return by 3:15.

Oh my goodness! I just saw your post. We will be on the Breeze over Christmas as well. I'm happy to hear that this tour is being offered, and we will be booking it as well. We are a family of four: Me, my husband Joe, and our two daughters (Kate, 10 and Julia 8.) I look forward to meeting you!

Regina

Oh my goodness! I just saw your post. We will be on the Breeze over Christmas as well. I'm happy to hear that this tour is being offered, and we will be booking it as well. We are a family of four: Me, my husband Joe, and our two daughters (Kate, 10 and Julia 8.) I look forward to meeting you!

Regina

They say if we get 8-16 adults we will get a discount of 10%. When you book for Dec 25 mention "Wendy's Group" so you can be added to the list. They will send out new vouchers with the discount if we have enough.

We just reserved a private boat for this tour! 4/30/13 on the Breeze. There are 15 of us and I have a few questions:

1) If we can't find a16th person can we still do a private tour with just 15?

2) Will there be time after we get back to walk around La Romana? We are in port from 9-5 and I really want to try some Mama Juana :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We just reserved a private boat for this tour! 4/30/13 on the Breeze. There are 15 of us and I have a few questions:

1) If we can't find a16th person can we still do a private tour with just 15?

2) Will there be time after we get back to walk around La Romana? We are in port from 9-5 and I really want to try some Mama Juana :D

Where is your boat departing from - Bayahibe or La Romana? Generally the less people just = a higher price per person.

If it's a private boat you can get back whenever you want, you will just have to give up something on the tour.

You don't want to shop LR, go to either Bayahibe or Dominicus. If the boat returns you to LR stay on the boat as long as you can and enjoy the beauty of the area along the coast.

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of booking this tour but I have a few questions.

I've never snorkeled before so I don't have any of my own gear... But I'm a bit of a germaphobe so how does it work with the gear that is available for use?

Also do I have to have a large group to book? It's just my sister and I that will be there on the 20th.

Thanks in advance for the help.. you all have done a great job of talking this excursion and company up :D

RN25....my wife and I work in hospitals and subscribe to theory that there isn't enough bleach, purel or hand washing EVER! ;) That being said...we brought our own snorkel gear....and didn't use it.....we used theirs.... :) It was clean and in good working order. If you are truly concerned, this time of year (at least here in Connecticut) the "swim season" is winding down so there's lots of deals on pool/swim stuff so you can always pick up snorkel mask/breather cheap....don't bother with fins....you can get those on the excursion. But I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Regarding the group size...just email Ingrid at the website,she puts your name on the list for a boat, then adds to the list as she gets reservations....next thing you know, she emails saying "the boat is full, you're all set"! :) Beleive me...this tour FILLS UP because of all the good reviews they get.....

Turn back a couple of pages for my review...you CANNOT go wrong! :)

Regards.....Matt

• 2 weeks later...

When we email to book to they reserve by name only or credit card? what if the port gets cancelled do they charge our credit card ahead and have to worry about refunds? How many total in the tour, was it too crowded? Thanks for any help. This is my sister's wedding/honeymoon trip so I'm helping with all the planning. I just want it to be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
When we email to book to they reserve by name only or credit card? what if the port gets cancelled do they charge our credit card ahead and have to worry about refunds? How many total in the tour, was it too crowded? Thanks for any help. This is my sister's wedding/honeymoon trip so I'm helping with all the planning. I just want it to be fun.

We have this booked for next April. You reserve with Name only,you don't pay until you get to the dock IN CASH. You have to have a minimum of 16 to book a private tour, but was told if we had more than one boat will hold they will rent you a second boat.

We took the Seavis Saona tour last week and had a wonderful time! Our guide in the boat was Carol - very knowledgeable, caring and she has a great personality. The speed boats were a lot of fun, flora and fauna beautiful, very tasty lunch, dessert and beverages. Snorkeling wasn't so good because of the ocean being stirred up by hurricane Isaac, but it was still fun. We brought our own equipment, but it is supplied. Lunch was good and plentiful. The best part of the tour for us was the time spent in the ocean with the huge red starfish (and baby starfish) on a gorgeous sand bar while eating cake. It was a truly wonderful day, not cheap, but well worth the money. We compared, and it was much more comprehensive and cost effective than the ship's similar tour...much better.

This tour company seems to really care, about their clients and the environment. They try very hard to make sure everyone has fun!

We took the Seavis Saona tour last week and had a wonderful time! Our guide in the boat was Carol - very knowledgeable, caring and she has a great personality. The speed boats were a lot of fun, flora and fauna beautiful, very tasty lunch, dessert and beverages. Snorkeling wasn't so good because of the ocean being stirred up by hurricane Isaac, but it was still fun. We brought our own equipment, but it is supplied. Lunch was good and plentiful. The best part of the tour for us was the time spent in the ocean with the huge red starfish (and baby starfish) on a gorgeous sand bar while eating cake. It was a truly wonderful day, not cheap, but well worth the money. We compared, and it was much more comprehensive and cost effective than the ship's similar tour...much better.

This tour company seems to really care, about their clients and the environment. They try very hard to make sure everyone has fun!

We can't wait!! I have (2) boats reserved for my group in October. This is the excursion I am most excited about..it looks like a blast!!!

Our family of four went on this excursion two weeks ago. It was every bit as fabulous as everyone said it would be!! Our tour guide Carol was fantastic. She was informative, inclusive, funny and oh so pretty :)

I had been nervous bringing my young daughters on a "non sanctioned" excursion in the DR but never worried a moment while we were there. It was easy to find the cab at the dock and it was clean (almost brand new) and the cab driver was friendly and helpful. We took a new freeway to the boat and it was nice to see some of the DR. The boat ride, lunch, swimming were all so much fun. This was absolutely the highlight of our 10 day cruise (extended two days at sea due to Issac). Our boat was a little late docking so the day was shorter than I hoped but Seavis had us back at the boat way in advance of departure. And this tour was so much cheaper and better than anything else offered. I give this my highest recommendation and say it is a must do. And ask for Carol!

PS: The starfish stop is the coolest thing ever.

starfish.jpg.e591aa10859a65d0ee656c4a6d95922a.jpg

Has anyone had any experience with this company?. The excursion looks really cool. It is a speedboat ride then thru mangroves, stopping at Saona island and then onto Piscina. Comes with a lunch and is reasonable.

My wife and I really enjoyed this excursion. In fact it seemed like all of the 25 or so vacationers on our outing had a great time. At $80 per person includes cab to and from Bayahibe which is about 20 KM East of La Romana. High speed boats carry 12-16 passengers another 20 or so KM further to the East where you visit a national park, a couple of beaches on Saona Island, and you have a lunch (beer and rum drinks complimentary.)The final stop is an enormous sand bar, well off-shore and miles long where you play with starfish, drink cocktails, eat cake while wading in warm water out in the middle of a bay. Certainly not your typical day at the beach! The guide on our boat, Carol, was well-informed and very entertaining. This was a true highlight of our cruise. I booked onliine and paid cash when I got to Bayahibe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really want to do this excursion when we are in La Romana, on the Breeze, at the end of November. But we are only in port from 9-5. So I can't possibly see how the timing will work for this...when factoring in the 25 min trip each way by taxi. So bummed!! :(:(

Just got off the Carnival Valor and wanted to send a big shout out to Kristen and the whole Seavis Family & Crew!!! This was definately #1 on our list of excursions!

Carnival cancelled there trip to the Island of Saona (said the water was too choppy), so we were a little leary about going but so glad we took the chance! We got off the ship as soon as we docked (9am) and walked to the taxi waiting area where someone had our group name (we had over 70 people going) and directed us to the air conditioned buses. Upon arrival at Seavis, we were greeted right away by Kristen and team and sorted into 3 different speed boats. The more adventurous need to ride in the front (lots of wave action) and less adventurous in the back (but be prepared to get wet). It was so hot, we were glad to get wet!!

Kristen took the time to talk about the caves, mangroves and gave us a little iland history. They then took us to a very remote island. Because of the storm that came by before we got there, the water was very choppy and was not able to snokel, but who cared..it was still beautiful!! The rum started to pour (coke and sprite only), cold water and beer included with lunch. The lunch was delicious! Pork Chops, chicken, rice & beans, salad, bread..yuuuummmm

Just a couple of small warnings..the bathrooms are pretty rustic..toilets don't flush (there is a huge water bin to fill up a bucket and pour down the toilet) and for those in wheelchairs, you do have to get across some sand before you get to a walkway. The guys driving the boats did help everyone out though!!

There were a few vendors that came around with beautiful jewelry and very reasonably priced! They even passed out free necklaces (turtle made of wood) to anyone that purchased anything. They were not pushy like in Bahamas!!

We left the island after a few hours and went to the sandbar where the star fish are located. Again, the water was not clear enough to see them (and boy did they try to find them for us) but again, who cared..lol! We got into the waist deep water and the rum and cake (it was my birthday so they even had everyone sing Happy Birthday to me) flowed freely again!!

After about 45 minutes or so, we got back into the boat (there is a step ladder) and headed back. They had the buses ready for us and they wisked us off. We had plenty of time to get back to the ship and was there by 3:15 (the ship left at 5pm).

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Seavis..their whole team went above and beyond to make this a special day for my group..thanks guys!!! I can't wait to come back!!!!

I will post pictures as soon as they all get downloaded.

Archived