dress code for dinner???

pdz

Other than formal nights, what is acceptable and worn by women in main dining room? Capri pants ??? Leggings with nice top??? or fancier?

Leaving on Crown Princess this coming Saturday. Trying to keep packing to a minimum.

I don't think I've ever seen any pair of jeans from being denied entry into the dining room. They would have to be in pretty bad shape. Any decent pair of jeans, no matter if designer or not are acceptable. ;)

my sister tends to wear smart dark jeans and has never had a problem either but she wont wear them on formal night

I wore leggings on several casual nights. They freed up room in my suitcase for evening gowns :) I only saw the maitre d' turn away two people, one was wearing shorts and a t-shirt on a casual night and one was wearing jeans and a t-shirt on formal night.

I wore leggings on several casual nights. They freed up room in my suitcase for evening gowns :) I only saw the maitre d' turn away two people, one was wearing shorts and a t-shirt on a casual night and one was wearing jeans and a t-shirt on formal night.

And I would say "good on the Maitre-d"....he's my kind if guy.:D

Lately I've been wearing T shirts in the last year (with jeans) without any problems. I think the days of banning T shirts are also over.

Kudos to the Maitre 'd.....:):):)

Bob

Lately I've been wearing T shirts in the last year (with jeans) without any problems. I think the days of banning T shirts are also over.

oh thats a shame to hear..no offense to you..but I wouldn't want the entire dinners are cruises to start swaying to tshirts and jeans..I personally dont wear jeans at all...but if I would wear them I would have a nice top with it.. whether it was on a cruise or not..my husband usually wears a nice shirt with nice shoes with his jeans on the casual nights as this is how he dresses for casual normally if we were going to dinner.

You don't really see many jeans on the Carib cruises. Just too heavy and warm. After sitting in the sun and sand all day, pulling up a pair of jeans on the fresh tanned legs would kill me! I'll save them for my flight home to the wintery midwest, thank you. :)

oh thats a shame to hear..no offense to you..but I wouldn't want the entire dinners are cruises to start swaying to tshirts and jeans..I personally dont wear jeans at all...but if I would wear them I would have a nice top with it.. whether it was on a cruise or not..my husband usually wears a nice shirt with nice shoes with his jeans on the casual nights as this is how he dresses for casual normally if we were going to dinner.

There not much difference between a polo & T shirt assuming they're both clean & neat.

Dress code enforcement seems to vary greatly from ship to ship. On the Grand a couple of weeks ago, I saw several men (older and younger) in the MDR wearing shorts/t-shirts/flipflops. It's becoming more and more common. I don't do it, but if Princess isn't going to enforce the dress code, this is what is going to happen.

Now, with that said, I have some t-shirt style resort casual shirts that I would wear to dinner with no worries at all.

Mike

Archived