Connection Party

jimbob622uk

First time on celebrity and wondering if there is any advantage to registering for a connection party??

I am not sure what you mean by an advantage? A Connections Party is a chance to socialize with the people from your Roll Call board. If you have been active on the Roll Call it is often fun to attend the get together and chat face-to-face with people you have been chatting with online during the months leading up to your cruise. If you are not active on the Roll Call then there is little point in attending.

We really enjoy attending the Connections party and finally meeting in person all of the people we have been chatting with for so long! It is just a fun and social gathering and you can make friends that you can hang out with for the rest of the cruise! You also get the chance to chat with the Officers (and sometimes the Captain) that come along as well.

We had a large--120+ --group for CC party on Mercury in October 2010. They gave us bridge tours in smaller groups, and the last day gave us a lunch, special menu with free wine, in the MDR. We had cabin/poker crawl, and a couple of slot pulls, so they knew we were active.

Does Celebrity give you a free gift and/or having drawing for giveaways? We've been on RCI where they do.

We've also had visits by key staff depending on the size of the group.

OU Roll Call group last year met pre-cruise in Ft Lauderdale for dinner which was nice.

Does Celebrity give you a free gift and/or having drawing for giveaways? We've been on RCI where they do.

We've also had visits by key staff depending on the size of the group.

OU Roll Call group last year met pre-cruise in Ft Lauderdale for dinner which was nice.

Sometimes Officers attend...as you said, depends on the group size

and who is available.

No, they don't have free gifts. Depending on the roll call, some have

gift exchanges which can be fun. Meeting for dinner pre-cruise can

be fun too:)

I've read that not many of the officers show up for these parties. We sent invites to a number of the senoir staff on our last Princess cruise- they all showed up and stayed for quite a while, many were surprised and happy that they were invited. I wonder if that would work on X

I've read that not many of the officers show up for these parties. We sent invites to a number of the senoir staff on our last Princess cruise- they all showed up and stayed for quite a while, many were surprised and happy that they were invited. I wonder if that would work on X

Certainly can't hurt to try! On Century we had excellent attendance by senior officers (even the Captain attended); and the officers even mingled quite a bit and stayed for an extended period of time. On Silhouette though only one officer attended; on Equinox our Transatlantic had some senior officers but the Caribbean cruise again just had one officer. I definitely appreciated the officers' participation on Century and our Equinox Transatlantic and wish that this was consistently the norm.

On our recent Equinox cruise, we had 80+ registered, about 40 showed up. Not all of them had participated in the roll call. One junior officer attended, thanked us for sailing with them, and handed started passing the microphone around so everyone could introduce themselves.

We had a lot of private tours organized through the roll call, and it was a chance for those people to meet and make arrangements.

Whatever you do, please don't jump on the person who made the nametags and start complaining about the food, service, etc. They have no connection to the ship and have no more connection to Cruise Critic than you do, i.e., they post.

Kathy

Archived