St. Thomas

Grand Turk

Or

A Western on the Liberty going to

Belize

Cozumel

Roatan

Grand Cayman.

On the western caribbean we have been to all those ports except Belize, but we are really torn between going somewhere new or going back to some of the places we really love on the western itinerary. If you have been on both, which would you recommend? They are very similar in price!

Eastern almost always sells higher. If prices are similar, Id take Eastern, so tired of Western though. I mostly go from the gulf and we cant do a true eastern.

I'm the exact opposite. I've only done Eastern and while I really enjoy every port (though getting a bit tired of Freeport), I'm looking forward to 4 new stops on the Western next month.

I would say do your research and check out what excursions you might like to do at each stop and see which ones you like the best. I would imagine the rest of the cruise experience will be the same.

An Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Glory going to

Nassau

San Juan

St. Thomas

Grand Turk

Or

A Western on the Liberty going to

Belize

Cozumel

Roatan

Grand Cayman.

On the western caribbean we have been to all those ports except Belize, but we are really torn between going somewhere new or going back to some of the places we really love on the western itinerary. If you have been on both, which would you recommend? They are very similar in price!

Toss up.

Love the eastern ports. San Juan could walk around there for hours. St Thomas (St Johns) beaches are amazing. Grank Turk Power snorkel was fabulous. Nassau (didn't enjoy it, but wouldn't rule it out either)

However, the Liberty with the 2.0 upgrades would be fun. Also really enjoy Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Roatan. Belize is neat but...long tender ride and I think you really need to book an excursion. Cave tubing is popular but very weather dependent.

Good luck deciding!!

Eastern almost always sells higher. If prices are similar, Id take Eastern, so tired of Western though. I mostly go from the gulf and we cant do a true eastern.

Agreed Eastern is almost always higher.

The OP could then try to figure out if the price is likely to come down (early saver).

I'm the exact opposite. I've only done Eastern and while I really enjoy every port (though getting a bit tired of Freeport), I'm looking forward to 4 new stops on the Western next month.

I would say do your research and check out what excursions you might like to do at each stop and see which ones you like the best. I would imagine the rest of the cruise experience will be the same.

I dont consider freeport to be a eastern port. Its a fill in port to get to cheaply as its 57 miles from florida.

Eastern ports are like St. Thomas etc.. not the Bahamas or Key West. Carnival is really reaching if you are only booking Eastern and mostly going to Freeport.

I have not been to the western itinerary yet, but I am this February. I liked the ports for the Eastern one. If the ship has a big part to do with your decision, I would pick the Liberty because it just got out of dry dock not long ago. Never been on the Glory, but I'm sure it's nice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say choose the eastern itinerary, especially if it is near the same price as the western. But that is just my opinion, and that is because the 3 last cruises I have taken were western route. I dont mind the western route, but I have been seriously missing the eastern ports of call, so when I booked my upcoming cruise, I chose eastern on Liberty, HMC, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk! Im so excited, cant wait! I only went to San Juan once before, but we were only in port for 4 hrs, and it was dark. I wanted to see so much more of it. OP, I suggest you weigh the pros and cons for you and your party, re ports of call, and what you want to do and see. Whichever you choose, have a great cruise!:)

Right now the Eastern cruise is only 39 pp/pd more. I'm thinking that sounds like a deal to me? Gosh I really want to see new places but I really don't want to miss out on Carnival. I tried to let my husband make the ultimate decision but he can't pick either!

Archived