Air question

Sea and Me

I've never booked our own air. We always let our TA do it for us. However, we are considering doing this and wonder if the insurance that you get with trip insurance covers the air also.

I know that there are experts out there that will have the answer and I thank you in advance.

Carol

There is one universal answer about trip insurance: There are no universal answers.

In other words, it COMPLETELY depends on your particular policy and your specific coverages. Even other policies issued by the same company may have completely different coverage.

You'll have to read your own policy for the answer....sorry.

OP- If you haven't purchased the Trip Insurance yet, there are many good online brokers with webpages and 800 numbers that help you select the right policy. Do a Google search...I've had good luck with the one with "Store" at the end of their name. Two other major ones have "Square" and "My Trip" in their names. :rolleyes: Even if you choose not to purchase from them, their online selectors and educational tools are great.

Usually the policies you can buy from through the travel provider (airline, cruise line, etc) are pretty narrow in scope and aren't a good value. As others said, TI policies are as varied as auto or health policies so there isn't a pat answer.

Archived