Share suite benefits?

thymegirl08

I beg to differ with you. The policy re:internet minutes was changed before wi-fi was available in all cabins on all ships. As for suite passengers allowing their friends to use it for free, I have no doubt that some do. We always sail in a suite and have never done so because we think it's a little dishonest to do so. I guess it all depends on how people feel about stuff like that.

Yes that's correct, the change took place just prior to them introducing the WiFi connection. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was free for Platinum & Elites prior but it would have been degraded the system to unusable if everyone was on at the same time in their cabins.

btw- Using the logon from a suite can be done only one at a time but there are other ways. ;)

If you can invite a guest into your suite to enjoy a cocktail make from the mini bar set up why on earth could you not then allow them to use the internet to send a message. Both were given to the suite occupier and what he/she does with them is their business.

If you can invite a guest into your suite to enjoy a cocktail make from the mini bar set up why on earth could you not then allow them to use the internet to send a message. Both were given to the suite occupier and what he/she does with them is their business.

If you can't tell the difference between those two, then it's not worth my time typing it.:rolleyes:

That would be the proper course of action but be well prepared to hear "no". Properly so IMO, nearly everyone who has ever booked a suite would like to include someone and that would double the load on the staff and lessen the experience for those who have a right to expect it.

When we sail with friends who happen to get up early for breakfast we take the Sabatinis factor into account when we select our cabin. We don't book suites if we feel it would be awkward telling them they can't join us.

The point is that when you sail with someone else you have some thinking to do. If you really feel bad about it, upgrade them to a suite also...

We would suggest that you go to the Head Waiter and explain your circumstances of a family in two different accommodations, one being a suite but wishing to be together for breakfast. A positive response may depend on your generosity for we have seen it done. After all, at that moment Sabatini's is his realm.

Yup. Not sure why someone would not only want to abuse this but let everyone in the world know they had.

Not too long ago, someone posted here on CC that they were Elite and she was traving with a boyfriend or whatever who wasn't and sent his clothes out with hers. He was charged for his share of the laundry and they were incensed that because she was Elite, he should have gotten his free, too. They slammed the Front Desk and argued/yelled until they got what they wanted. Sorry, I don't understand it but perhaps it's a generational "entitlement" thing.

Pam & Ann;

Couldn't agree more.....:):):)

Bob

The Sabatini's Breakfast is restricted to full suite passengers. Not full suite passengers and their guests.

This is well understood by those who book suites, as we do from time to time.

To abuse Elite or suite perks is to jeapardize those perks for the future.

Just an opinion -- of course.

Thanks Molly, when they start limiting the amount of laundry we can send down, we can thank people like you for it.

That's abuse of the perk. I've also heard that many people who get upgraded to a suite do that.

That's another thing they could do in the future - give upgrades to suites but not include all the perks.

Fine, fine, I've had my hand slapped. I understand the outrage at my behavior. I didnt think a couple of pairs of underwear and a stained shirt would make a huge difference.

Molly

Does anyone know what happens if you are elite booked into a penthouse suite. Do you get two bar set ups; one for being elite and one for the suite perk. Would love to know how this works.

Yes, you do, but they both won't be delivered to the cabin automatically. The suite setup will be delivered the first day, but then you will need to call room service and ask for your Elite setup. I always wait a couple days and then do this. When I call I can tell them what I want changed out also at that time. We mostly book full suites and this is how we have had to do it on all the ships.

• 2 weeks later...

What if one person booked in the suite will never be going to the breakfast...anyone ever experience a "replacement" guest, like perhaps an adult child from another non suite room you are also paying for? :)

Fine, fine, I've had my hand slapped. I understand the outrage at my behavior. I didnt think a couple of pairs of underwear and a stained shirt would make a huge difference.

Molly

They don't. But multiply by 2500 passengers who each send them out a couple of times during the cruise and it sure does.

I'm sure many of us remember when platinum Captain Circle people and above got unlimited free internet. I can remember seeing people who were platinum telling people who weren't to come over and use their computer in the internet cafe when they were finished because they wouldn't have to pay for it. Not long after, Princess set a limit on free internet minutes except for suite passengers.

If people abuse some of these other benefits, e.g. laundry, the same same will happen with them as well. As for trying to game the system at Sabatinis for breakfast by switching cruise cards, I'm sorry but I think it's insulting to think the staff are so stupid that they wouldn't be able to figure this out.

Well said Ann--could not agree more!!!!

I don't get it! what part of breakfast at Sabatini's is reserved ONLY for guests who are booked in a suite don't people understand? If you aren't sure, look at that little name tag outside the door, if you'r name isn't on there, than your name isn't on the list at Sabatini's. If your kids are booked in the suite with you, there names will appear on that door tag and therefor, they can have breakfast with you. There are NO, what if's or maybe's about it.

I don't get it! what part of breakfast at Sabatini's is reserved ONLY for guests who are booked in a suite don't people understand? ... There are NO, what if's or maybe's about it.

But such is not the case for we have witnessed suite passengers arranging the arrival of their "special" guests from time to time while breaking fast at Sabatini's. Rightly or wrongly, it is done!

Does anyone know what happens if you are elite booked into a penthouse suite. Do you get two bar set ups; one for being elite and one for the suite perk. Would love to know how this works.

Two weeks ago on the Grand, the suite and elite set ups were both in the cabin when we arrived. I exchanged one set up for a bottle of wine and some pieces of the second set up for water, one for one.

On another subject, I fail to see what is so special about Sabatini's breakfast. I had one of the worst breakfasts of any cruise there - burnt eggs, burnt toast, cold hashbrowns, etc. The room service breakfast was excellent as was breakfast in the dining room.

...On another subject, I fail to see what is so special about Sabatini's breakfast. I had one of the worst breakfasts of any cruise there - burnt eggs, burnt toast, cold hashbrowns, etc. The room service breakfast was excellent as was breakfast in the dining room.

A lot depends on the ship. Fantastic on the Emerald, trash on the Star. The Star's main dining room surpassed Sabatini's by a long shot. Go figure.

Since we never book suites, how do they possibly know the people attending breakfast are in a suite? Do they check cards for a name each morning until they get to know your face?

That is exactly how they do it. Normally they welcome you like old friends after the first day!:)

Archived